Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers 2024 Spring Training beginning 2 - 14

Detroit Tigers: Can Spencer Torkelson fill the cleats of Miguel Cabrera?
This will be the Detroit Tigers' first season without Miguel Cabrera in the lineup since 2008 and the team will be looking for his replacement not only on the field but with the fans as well.
MCBTB

IT’S NOT THAT SIMPLE – Part 2.
Totally Tigers

On Tuesday, we started addressing the factors that go into the creation of the Opening Day roster. A number of elements that are based upon an overall strategy and limitations rather than simply selecting the best performers.
What they all had in common were contractual and team-controlled obligations.

the wind must be blowing out in todays spring training game. The score is 4-1 Tigers. All 5 runs have scored via solo HRs

FIVE FOR FRIDAY.
Totally Tigers

This is truly the first year we can get positively hyped about the quality of players the Tigers have competing for roster spots. There’s the trickle of prospects who have come up with the promise of a couple more later this year.
And for the first time in years, there is actually legitimate competition for almost all spots – the exception being SS.
It’s really the first year where fans have a legitimate reason to be excited about watching this team. And that Jason Benetti is now broadcasting the games is only a bonus.
So which 5 players do you believe will be the most exciting to watch?
I’ve got mine and for the first time, I came up with more than 5. But because it’s Friday, that 5 rule is firm and fast. I had to make cuts.
It’s important to note that in drafting my top 5, they all have to be players who will be on the roster either on Opening Day or shortly thereafter. So no, Justice Bigbie doesn’t qualify. Neither does Jackson Jobe.
No long-shots please – or players who aren’t expected until late in the season.
So who are mine? Who are the players I will consider “must see tv”?

Back