Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers 2024 Spring Training beginning 2 - 14

Detroit Tigers are hoping for big things from former first-rounder who was cut.
The Detroit Tigers are hoping that Keston Hiura will be able to lock down a roster spot in Triple-A. The only thing standing in their way is an upward mobility clause.
MCBTB

Detroit Tigers prospect frustrated after being optioned to minors.
Ryan Kreidler made it very clear that he is quite upset about the Detroit Tigers decision to option him to Triple-A amid latest round of roster cuts.
MCBTB

Former Tigers outfielder signs with White Sox. Meanwhile, two other former Tigers currently in camp with the Rangers found out Friday that they would not make the Opening Day roster.
Mlive

Motor City Metrics Tigers Podcast: The Detroit Tigers 13. 37 minutes.
Camrin and Yooper discuss Thursday's roster cuts as the Tigers set up their positional player roster.

DEEPER DISCUSSIONS.
Totally Tigers

The 2024 baseball season starts later this week. Scott Harris is going into his 2nd year as the PoBO and now Jeff Greenberg has joined him as the GM.
The Tigers have tweaked 2 infield positions and 2 outfield slots while overhauling their starting rotation and making significant changes to their bullpen. At least 3 rookies are expected to make their debuts during the coming year.
But some struggles remain with several players and an offense that needs significant help. However, there has been more competition for roster openings, unlike previous years.

As we await that first pitch, what are your thoughts about the new season?
Are you excited about what may happen?
Are you looking forward to watching this team more?
Or do you think the Tigers haven’t done enough?
Today’s assignment is to tell us what you’re thinking and why when you consider what the 2024 season may bring.

How are you feeling about what the 2024 season may bring?

1. I am very excited about the new season.

2. I'm leaning somewhat more positive about my expectations of the new season.

3. I'm not sure how I feel right now.

4. I'm not feeling very positive about the new season.

VOTE

I don't see why play him at 1B. Where would Tork play? We have too many DH/1B - if Mallory can't be somewhere else get rid of him and trade him.
I don't think the Tigers have a 1B in the entire minor league system that has much potential. Tork has had issues with D. Let Malloy learn the position...since they believe that he is athletic enough to play in the OF & was a 3B, he probably has potential to be a better defensive 1B than Tork (since it is reported that Tork is the worst defensive 1B in all of baseball)

Detroit Tigers prospect frustrated after being optioned to minors.
Ryan Kreidler made it very clear that he is quite upset about the Detroit Tigers decision to option him to Triple-A amid latest round of roster cuts.
MCBTB
hard to blame him. He deserves be the every day SS but due to the Biaz contract, he is sent to Toledo

I don't think the Tigers have a 1B in the entire minor league system that has much potential. Tork has had issues with D. Let Malloy learn the position...since they believe that he is athletic enough to play in the OF & was a 3B, he probably has potential to be a better defensive 1B than Tork (since it is reported that Tork is the worst defensive 1B in all of baseball)
My point was where would Tork go? We already have a DH.

My point was where would Tork go? We already have a DH.
If he continues to play shitty at 1B, and Malloy is better, trade Tork. I guess my point is, just try Malloy at 1B. He may have more value if he can play a corner OF position as well as 1B

If he continues to play shitty at 1B, and Malloy is better, trade Tork. I guess my point is, just try Malloy at 1B. He may have more value if he can play a corner OF position as well as 1B
Then try him at OF. No one has more trade value by playing 1B. Ever. Tork trade not happening.

looking at the early schedule, they have a really easy start. First 11 games are against the following teams.

White Sox
Mets
A's
Pirates

Then try him at OF. No one has more trade value by playing 1B. Ever. Tork trade not happening.
I didn't mean trade value, I meant value to the team.

I would think Tork would be one of the players that could get traded. That or an OF. Not sure which one OF though.

Not 1 time in any of the games I watched last year did I feel Tork was a shitty defensive first baseman. The guy was a scooping machine catching Javy's errant throws. I really don't get why that myth is out there.

Home runs hit by each team in spring training:
49 PIT
45 BAL
44 DET
42 CHC SEA
41 CIN TOR
37 BOS
35 OAK
34 NYY
33 KC
31 MIL
30 COL SF
29 TB
27 ATL CLE NYM
26 LAA LAD WSH
25 CWS MIN
24 PHI
23 TEX
22 HOU
21 ARI
20 MIA
17 SD
15 STL

Final line for #Tigers starter Jack Flaherty: 4.2 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 8 K. 87 pitches, 63 strikes.Generated 13 whiffs (on 46 swings) with six fastballs, five sliders, two curveballs. Fastball averaged 93.8 mph — up from 93.1 mph last season — and maxed out at 96.1 mph.

Back