Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Pirates Game #8

2-0 win! Had some nice defensive plays, timely late inning hitting, Greene was great again and a 123 ninth inning. Tomorrow we try to win the series.

Shane Greene and Tigers shutout the pirates 2 - 0,

TigersVictoryCigar!!!!!!! and a bowl of ice-cream!!!

Great game by everyone but Ausmus. Davis bailed him out of his stupidity.

Really like Greene, I had a feeling he'd do well, but not this well haha

Last edited:
Nice 2-0 win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad we can have a opinion this board without some trying to start shit :/
Like they always do..

It's a message board. Whatever you post can and will often be responded to. Everyone says something stupid sooner or later, nobody is immune.

7-1 baby. All smiles here.

Last edited:
Actually going 2-4 with a walk is exactly what that means.

Its exactly like Leyland using Kelly in ways he shouldn't have a lot of the time. Sometimes you get lucky and doing a stupid thing works out well. Sometimes you get unlucky and doing the right thing blows up in your face, too. Tonight was 100% the former.

Last edited:
Tigers pitched eight shutouts in 162 games last season.

They have three already this season, in eight games.

Tigers pitched eight shutouts in 162 games last season.

They have three already this season, in eight games.

161-1!

images

Very, very happy! Looking good on the road. Shane Greene has been far and away my biggest surprise Tiger.

I remember Greene shutting the Tigers down last year twice when they played the Yankees I was very happy when I heard they traded for him, most excellent replacement for Rick, much much cheaper, and even better as well, it's a win win win

First Tiger pitcher since 1967 (John Hiller) to go 8 innings and give up only 1 or fewer BB and zero earned runs in his first two tiger starts..

Its exactly like Leyland using Kelly in ways he shouldn't have a lot of the time. Sometimes you get lucky and doing a stupid thing works out well. Sometimes you get unlucky and doing the right thing blows up in your face, too. Tonight was 100% the former.

Nobody on this team has had much success against Burnett except Davis. It's only 9 at bats, but Brad gambled that maybe there was something to it and it paid off BIG TIME! Good call Brad, good call!

Back