Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs Guardians Game 162 October 1 2023

Going to feel odd that there are no more Tiger game threads for six months. Thank you for the support. I enjoyed doing them and am appreciative of those (Bob, Mitchrapp, Tigermud) who contributed and filled in when I was not available. Bob ... loved the constant running tally of the breakouts of the Tigers' W-L records.

Also a substantial recognition to KC for his updating of his threads and links. Great content.

Going to feel odd that there are no more Tiger game threads for six months. Thank you for the support. I enjoyed doing them and am appreciative of those (Bob, Mitchrapp, Tigermud) who contributed and filled in when I was not available. Bob ... loved the constant running tally of the breakouts of the Tigers' W-L records.

Also a substantial recognition to KC for his updating of his threads and links. Great content.

Great job!

Let's hope that this is an active off season for the Tigers and they improve by another 12 games next year :cheers:

Great job!

Let's hope that this is an active off season for the Tigers and they improve by another 12 games next year :cheers:

Win 60, Lose 60 ... go 30-12 in the other 42 games and you're 90-72. Tigers were 18-24 in the other 42 games. There's your 12-game swing right there. Maybe I'm only saying the same thing in a different way and this is axiomatic. Oh well ... :shrug:

Last edited:

Thanks for keeping up with game threads! Hopefully next year the product will be good enough to bring back more posters. Some games felt like just 1 of us talking to ourselves for an hour or 2 lol

Hopefully they do enough this off season to entice me to pay for the Ballys package next year. I'm glad I didn't waste my money this year.

Hopefully they do enough this off season to entice me to pay for the Ballys package next year. I'm glad I didn't waste my money this year.

I paid $3 a month for the MLB app and listened to the radio broadcast. I can't justify spending $$$$ to watch them on a flat screen. Also got the condensed games with the sub. 6-7 minutes of extended highlights.

Thank you Byron, I continue to do what I can here health permitting.

I have been witness to the careers of not only the stars from the 50's to the present day, I have seen the greatness from 1954 of Al Kaline and Miggy. One of the all-around greatest players ever, and one of the most gifted hitters all time.

I hope our new front office goes for one or two middle tier players and bring up Keith and Malloy for 2024.

A.J. Hinch today on his commitment to the Tigers:

"I've never been more encouraged to be here, to be the manager. I know these are not easy jobs to get. They're not easy jobs to keep. ... I wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

Andy Ibanez from 6/11
300/351/486
130 wRC+
9 HR
33 RBI

Matt Vierling
261/329/388
1.1 WAR
530 PA
10 HR
44 RBI
127 ISO
4.6% Barrel rate
-5.3 RE24
Nick Maton
173/288/305
-1.1 WAR
293 PA
8 HR
32 RBI
133 ISO
8.4% barrel rate
-3.66 RE24

A quality RE24 number indicates that a player has frequently put his team in a better position by moving the run expectancy table in the right direction (higher for a hitter, lower for a pitcher).
DET RE24
Carpenter 19.68
Tork 5.37
Baddoo 4.97
Ibanez 4.38
Greene 3.38
Meadows 0.0
Short -2.58
Rogers -2.62
Maton -3.66
Nevin -4.28
Vierling -5.38
Cabrera -5.69
Baez-13.89
McKinstry 14.98

Among takeaways from Tigers? season-ending session this morning: There will be no negotiations with Eduardo Rodriguez before his opt-out decision, to be made after World Series.
?We haven?t had any, and I don?t anticipate having any,? Scott Harris said.

Scott Harris said they?ll have an end-of-season interview with Spencer Turnbull: ?We expect him to prepare as a starter this offseason and show up to Lakeland ready to compete for a job in our rotation.?

Scott Harris on Austin Meadows: ?I haven?t talked to Austin in a few months. I need to talk to Austin in October. We?re going to talk and we?re going to explore what the path forward is. ?
?I hope he?s doing well. I?ve gotta reconnect with him. That?s going to be a priority.?

While Tigers anticipate being active in free-agent and trade markets this offseason, any additions will be made with goal of not blocking top prospects from pathway to Detroit.

More on the development side of the presser today:
Scott Harris said there is a new dorm building coming soon in Lakeland, a covered field, new cages and mounds as they continue expansion projects to help in minor league player development.

Scott Harris mentioned today during the end of the season presser that the Tigers purchased land in the Dominican Republic and they are in the design phase of a new Dominican Academy.
"That's going to make us a lot more competitive internationally".

Spencer Torkelson?s 2023 season:
- 606 ABs
- 31 HRs
- 94 RBIs
- .759 OPS
- .233 BA
- 105 OPS+
- 0.8 WAR
Thoughts?

Back