Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. orioles ALDS Game 3 October 5

I don't agree with you. In my experience they majority of fans who attend games are not huge sports fans. That's not unique to Detroit. You guys here are all big Tigers fans...that's why you post here all the time. You actually care. Most people think it's cool to tell people you have playoff tickets and went to the game. They aren't actually big sports fans. They want to drink, enjoy the weather, post a photo or check-in on facebook, etc. They like going to the game but they certainly don't watch night after night. I know plenty people who go to a bunch of games or have season tickets who are clueless overall about that sport in general.

I agree with that. there are a fair amount of die hards there but a large majority of the fans at the games are just there to take in the atmosphere, not really big Tigers fans.

I wonder if any of the tigers will comment after the game about how quiet was crowd was and be pissed they didn't get better support. I'd complelty understand it if they did, while at the same time I'd say yeah well sorry it is what it is we can all only be let down so many times before we all just stop giving a shit

If the Royals had a competent manager, they would have won the division. Given the huge flaws with this team, we're lucky as fuck to have made the ALDS. That we're getting swept by a much more balanced, complete, and clearly better team shouldn't be a surprise whatsoever to anyone here.

I wonder if any of the tigers will comment after the game about how quiet was crowd was and be pissed they didn't get better support. I'd complelty understand it if they did, while at the same time I'd say yeah well sorry it is what it is we can all only be let down so many times before we all just stop giving a shit

If they want more support from the crowd, they should give them reasons to get loud.

If anyone has a right to be mad at the other it's the fans, not the players.

If the Royals had a competent manager, they would have won the division. Given the huge flaws with this team, we're lucky as fuck to have made the ALDS. That we're getting swept by a much more balanced, complete, and clearly better team shouldn't be a surprise whatsoever to anyone here.

Honestly, if we lose this game, I hope KC wins the next 9 straight.

Go Royals!

If they want more support from the crowd, they should give them reasons to get loud.

If anyone has a right to be mad at the other it's the fans, not the players.

I can agree with that also, just hurry up,and get this over so we can all get on with our lives, alright 1 pitch 1 again awsome! 8 more

Last edited:
Support? These fans should be booing. They are showing great restraint by simply not making any noise. This team needs to know how badly they disappoint us. If any of them bring up the quiet atmosphere, they should be released or traded.

Honestly, if we lose this game, I hope KC wins the next 9 straight.

Go Royals!

I'm with you. Seems strange to "root" for someone in the division to win a title but I wouldn't mind seeing the Royals win it all of we can't.

Any chance Ausmus actually loses his job? I know DD is even more loyal than Leyland or Ausmus.. but this team failed miserably all year.. they even acknowledge they played like shit most of the year.

I'm with you. Seems strange to "root" for someone in the division to win a title but I wouldn't mind seeing the Royals win it all of we can't.

Hey, Royals fans are where we were in 2006, I'll be happy for them if they can pull it off.

I wonder if Avila retires.. he has to be considering it now. If so, maybe we go after Wieters. I would anyway.

Yay, lets get excited about a walk!

Yippy

Surprised they took Norris out hasn't given up a hit since the third inning, former tiger in now to mow thier asses down, yeah lettuce and kelly due up, yippy

Last edited:
Any chance Ausmus actually loses his job? I know DD is even more loyal than Leyland or Ausmus.. but this team failed miserably all year.. they even acknowledge they played like shit most of the year.

I think his job is 100% safe at least one more year. They'll say the bull pen is to take the majority of the blame. I'm not a blame the manager type person. I used to laugh at most of the Leyland threads. But Ausmus seems to be hot dog shit as a manager. There's nothing this guy did that made me think he's the one to help guide us to a title. He manages like everyone else.

I hope the Avila experiment is officially over. So sick of this bum.

Back