Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread August 5

Great win tonight. Hey Ron, thanks for the invite to the board. John

manchild98 said:
tigers99888 said:
how many GIDPs is Miggy going to have??? Wow!!

He's starting to get close to Pujols territory. I think Miggy has 20 now. AP has 25.

I think the record for a season is still jim rice with 36 gidp.

Verlander should dominate tomorrow, so the series should be ours.

Depending on how well we do against Chen on Sunday, we could sweep.

This board is great, like the format and the features. Lets keep it going and get all the regulars from ESPN if we can. Hell, bring Chica over here.

Nice win tonight, unfortunate that Coke is still in his funk because it cost RP a W he probably deserved. All around a nice team effort tonight, anything can happen once it goes to extra innings.

johnny2x2x said:
This board is great, like the format and the features. Lets keep it going and get all the regulars from ESPN if we can. Hell, bring Chica over here.

Just for S&G.

johnny2x2x said:

I agree, we need Chica to remind us from time to time that Verlander is not an Ace.

Go Rangers!!!! Now Minny is 9 out too, can we just say, that they are out now, sorry, not going to happen this year with 3 teams in front of them.

I never thought I'd be such a Texas fan one day after they beat us......

Jackson and Boesch started the game with back-to-back triples to make it 1-0, and Magglio Ordonez followed with a run-scoring sacrifice fly to right field to up the lead to 2-0.
Tigers have not had back-to-back triples to start a game since at least 1974.
Alex Avila's home run in the top of the fifth inning gave the Tigers a 3-0 lead and traveled an estimated 432 feet. It cleared the bushes that stand on the concourse behind the dead space that is beyond the wall

Tigers have not had back-to-back triples to start a game since at least 1974.

[/quote]

Thanks. I was waiting for someone to find that answer.

They had back to back triples in 2009 but not to start a game in case you were curious.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]] I missed that home run too trying to deal with that jackass jz :)

Mitch I will post the webvideo in the team notes.

Back