Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread August 5

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="Mitch":v1xubeze] I missed that home run too trying to deal with that jackass jz :)

Mitch I will post the webvideo in the team notes.[/quote:v1xubeze]

Thanks. I thought I could catch it in the after game recap but I got hungry :)

heh, as soon as i turned the radio off to go into meijer, apparently we scored. i must be bad luck.

Spockmaster said:
heh, as soon as i turned the radio off to go into meijer, apparently we scored. i must be bad luck.

Could you please not show up tomorrow :)

Verlander, who starts Saturday, is seven strikeouts shy of tying Denny McClain (1,150) for ninth place on the Tigers career list. Verlander will be seeking his 99th career win.

Interesting, the Tigers currently have the biggest division lead in the AL, but the AL central is the closest race top to bottom in all MLB.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="KalineCountry":8d8pexqf]

Mitch I will post the webvideo in the team notes.

Thanks. I thought I could catch it in the after game recap but I got hungry :) [/quote:8d8pexqf]

By the way, Rick Porcello is one of 3 pitchers to have two 5 and 0 record in a month before their 23rd birthday.
Wally Bunker of the 1964 orioles, and Babe Ruth in 1917.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=17681023
Webvideo of Avila's 432 foot homerun. Over the shrubs in dead centerfield.
from the Tigers official site

Thanks KC for the links. Interesting about Porcello. Only 3 guys, amazing.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Thanks KC for the links. Interesting about Porcello. Only 3 guys, amazing.

I do feel like people are overlooking how young rick is...the fact he has been this good this early is amazing. You expect some up and downs from a 22 year old in the majors.

If he figures how to get the sinker going consistently he's going to be good for years to come.

For all of those who have asked, Weaver appealed his suspension. That's why he started last night.

Back