Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread August 6

I just don't buy you worry about AA getting hurt... You have to protect the older players... God i am fired up about this....Now VM will probably miss some games...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Victor was not going to bat again and if his spot did it means the Tigers had scored some runs... The pinch runner had a way better chance to score on a double we know VM is not going to score on... God it is managing 101....

How do you know he won't bat again?

What if they tie it and we go to extra innings?

It's a 1 run game, and we're the away team.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Vm's injury could have been avoided...

Probably, but blame Lamont or Victor for him running on a play he had no chance on, not Leyland for not pulling him.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I just don't buy you worry about AA getting hurt... You have to protect the older players... God i am fired up about this....Now VM will probably miss some games...

Of course you do. Most managers will not put their starting and backup C in the same line-up but we brought Victor here knowing we would do just that. I don't disagree with you necessarily, but I know that is a concern of Leyland's.

phew...again. hopefully vmart isnt out too long. Mags' injury killed us last year. Hopefully this doesnt have the same effect.

Valverde 9th inning,

hosmer strikes out,

francour strikes out,

strunzburger giovatelainoellao pops to shallow left center and Peralta has it,

Tigers win 4 - 3,
Verlander wins his 16th,
Valverde with the save,
KC has a Tigers Victory Cigar. :)

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Wow 14 pages.

Atypical game thread with websites like MotownSports Tigers, I like it.

grin.png

A pinch runner has a 110% chance over VM of scoring on that double... I take him out... You can't risk older guys like VM who are DL prone... Oh I am all on board with getting rid of Gene Lamont but that stupid play is already been called before Dirks bounces to second... Go on contact play...

VM had 1/3 of the hits tonight, cabs and the rest of the team is going to need to step it up next few days.

TigerMud said:
VM had 1/3 of the hits tonight, cabs and the rest of the team is going to need to step it up next few days.
Would definitely be a huge loss if V-Mart is out for a few games..

Man the Tigers are going to miss VM's bat.... Plus we have to call up a stiff catcher to replace him...More then likely one that cannot hit..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]A pinch runner has a 110% chance over VM of scoring on that double... I take him out... You can't risk older guys like VM who are DL prone... Oh I am all on board with getting rid of Gene Lamont but that stupid play is already been called before Dirks bounces to second... Go on contact play...

Back