Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. royals Game Thread August 6

bdemil1 said:
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]A pinch runner has a 110% chance over VM of scoring on that double... I take him out... You can't risk older guys like VM who are DL prone... Oh I am all on board with getting rid of Gene Lamont but that stupid play is already been called before Dirks bounces to second... Go on contact play...

Bob, I really don't think Vic M. injury was anyone fault. It was a freakish incident. I don't think Leyland should have taken him out for pinch runner. Game was too close and could have gone into extra innings. Lets hope its a sprain!

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Man the Tigers are going to miss VM's bat.... Plus we have to call up a stiff catcher to replace him...More then likely one that cannot hit..

Best we can hope for is VMart going on the 15 day DL or much more unlikely day to day.

Vmart will probably be day to day as far as DH.

I'm sure he won't be catching soon, so it's probably goodbye Andy Dirks to make room for Santos.

If Vic Martinez is out for any length of time are there any waiver wire catchers we could trade for?

MI_Thumb said:
Vmart will probably be day to day as far as DH.

I'm sure he won't be catching soon, so it's probably goodbye Andy Dirks to make room for Santos.

I'd rather keep Dirks. Go in the OF and Maggs goes and DH. Ntt not sure who else could be released though.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":v00if38h]Vmart will probably be day to day as far as DH.

I'd rather keep Dirks. Go in the OF and Maggs goes and DH. Ntt not sure who else could be released though.[/quote:v00if38h]

My guess is Maggs becomes DH when Vic can't go, unless Avila is not catching, and Kelly/Raburn moves into LF and Boesch to RF.

I like Dirks, but we have too many OF'ers anyways.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Man the Tigers are going to miss VM's bat.... Plus we have to call up a stiff catcher to replace him...More then likely one that cannot hit..

If he has to go on the DL it creates a problem, Omir Santos is next in line iirc for back up catcher.
We should have a better info on the severity of the knee sprain tomorrow.

Dan Dickerson, during the radio broadcast tonight said it was a knee sprain, so hopefully VMart won't be out for too many games. He has been our best hitter lately; now it's Cabrera's turn to step his game up. JV tonight earned his 99th career win, and is now only 4 wins away from being the first Tigers pitcher in 20 years to win 20 games in a single season. Bill Gullickson went 20-9 in 1991.

bob and mitch....send me a link to the picture you want as your avatar and i'll get it on there for you.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]I cannot figure it out...So sadness is upon me.. LOL

Bob, you need to link it from an imagehost.

I wish it had an upload from pc feature but you can make a free account on http://imageshack.us/, upload to there and link.

Crap the picture I want is 400/400.... I need to find another one...Shoot...

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Victor says he feels much better and is day to day.

Saw the highlights on the news and it looked like he just twisted/tweaked it a bit, painful at first, but if it had been a torn MCL or something he would have been howling.

Probably out for the Cleveland series unless PH'ing.

Back