Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Training Camp News

Believe it was in response to LKP referencing him as a depth guy.

However at this time that is what he is, yet to earn starter distinction.

Shit happens. Drafted in a completely different scheme, getting hurt and then getting banged up again. He's a talented LB but he's behind the 8 ball at this point.

Shit happens. Drafted in a completely different scheme, getting hurt and then getting banged up again. He's a talented LB but he's behind the 8 ball at this point.

Austin was here last year when he was drafted. Unless you meant the scheme of actually playing and contributing in a football game.

Van Noy was more a pass rush LB at BYU. He was 95 last year. It's a transition to stand up SAM LB and he was hurt twice now. Mainly in coverage.

We have Levy, Tulloch and Whitehead. Calm the hell down.

Last edited:
Austin was here last year when he was drafted. Unless you meant the scheme of actually playing and contributing in a football game.

Wtf are you babbling on about? KVN played a whole different position in college. He was more of a rush OLB/DE. One goal...kill the QB. He's asked to do different things in Austin's D. Which is common. He's been hurt and was struggling a bit earlier on. reports came out that he picked up the pace a little more and was looking more comfortable. Injuries have derailed this kid.......he's no bust....just needs to get more reps. KVN isn't on my worry list just yet.

Wtf are you babbling on about? KVN played a whole different position in college. He was more of a rush OLB/DE. One goal...kill the QB. He's asked to do different things in Austin's D. Which is common. He's been hurt and was struggling a bit earlier on. reports came out that he picked up the pace a little more and was looking more comfortable. Injuries have derailed this kid.......he's no bust....just needs to get more reps. KVN isn't on my worry list just yet.

definitely don't see him as a bust. Honestly, with the way Tulloch looked against a shitty team like the jags. KVN should be on the outside and whitehead should be in the middle. Tulloch should be your designated play60 veteran that smiles for the camera with a bunch of little kids.

Would love to see us pick up Phil Taylor as insurance if Ngata cant get 100% healthy. Don't know how the hell he got released from the Browns.

Tulloch has been a beast in run defense this preseason. We are lucky to have him back. Tulloch is typiclaly excellent in coverage too as I've proven from 2011-2013. Quin had a bad day against the Jags too. Is he garbage in coverage too? Backup Dline playing and no Levy. A bad day can happen.

You're hate for Tulloch is laughable. I swear you guys don't watch all the games.

Tulloch has been a beast in run defense this preseason. We are lucky to have him back. Tulloch is typiclaly excellent in coverage too as I've proven from 2011-2013. Quin had a bad day against the Jags too. Is he garbage in coverage too? Backup Dline playing and no Levy. A bad day can happen.

You're hate for Tulloch is laughable. I swear you guys don't watch all the games.

you guys are the ones hyping up KVN.....if youre going to get him on the field then moving whitehead to MLB would be one of the options. Yet to be seen if Tulloch is a 3 down MLB anymore.

KVN and Whitehead can both play SAM in certain scenarios. You don't take Tulloch off the field.

KVN and Whitehead can both play SAM in certain scenarios. You don't take Tulloch off the field.

Apparently, YOU have missed a few games. If Tulloch covers in the regular season like he has in the preseason......you HAVE to take him off the field in passing situations. He has been straight up terrible so far.

definitely don't see him as a bust. Honestly, with the way Tulloch looked against a shitty team like the jags. KVN should be on the outside and whitehead should be in the middle. Tulloch should be your designated play60 veteran that smiles for the camera with a bunch of little kids.

Lol. Good one. Still like me some Tully though.

you guys are the ones hyping up KVN.....if youre going to get him on the field then moving whitehead to MLB would be one of the options. Yet to be seen if Tulloch is a 3 down MLB anymore.

I'm on the KVN train...i'll admit. I think he's another Levy in the making. Quiet on the radar for a few years then explodes on the scene. It's all about reps and getting his nose in the books and film room now.

There! I said it....

KVN has some nice speed and tackles well. It's just the angles and lack of experience coverage right now.

If he can stay healthy this year my guess is he comes into his own second half. Tons of potential, just has not been healthy enough to put it together.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What's going on with Tahir Whitehead? Some really cryptic tweets, played the entire game yesterday? Is he going bye bye?

What's going on with Tahir Whitehead? Some really cryptic tweets, played the entire game yesterday? Is he going bye bye?

Im gonna be pissed if he doesnt make the team. No reason to cut a solid player...I cant see Caldwell doing so without a VERY good reason. (as in he banged his wife or something...)

Im gonna be pissed if he doesnt make the team. No reason to cut a solid player...I cant see Caldwell doing so without a VERY good reason. (as in he banged his wife or something...)

I can't see Whitehead doing that...that seems more like a Tate move.

Back