Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ukraine

Reminder, Donald TRump was impeached for trying to screw over Ukraine and trying to get Zelensky replaced with a Russian puppet. Trump's own convicted felon of a campaign manager, Paul manefort, was Putin's guy on the ground in Ukraine. If Trump were still in office, All of Ukraine would belong to Russia and Zelenky's head would be mounted on Putin's office wall, right next to Trump's balls.

imagine how much better off the country would be if we weren't always giving away billions and trillions funding proxy wars.

My concern is what happens after ukraine. 3-5 years for russia to build up their military and start their March west with China boosting them. Russia needs to be embarrassed and forced to stand in the corner while china licks its wounds after backing the wrong team. Fuck Russia.

My concern is what happens after ukraine. 3-5 years for russia to build up their military and start their March west with China boosting them. Russia needs to be embarrassed and forced to stand in the corner while china licks its wounds after backing the wrong team. Fuck Russia.

great. when are you going to enlist?

Reminder, Donald TRump was impeached for trying to screw over Ukraine and trying to get Zelensky replaced with a Russian puppet. Trump's own convicted felon of a campaign manager, Paul manefort, was Putin's guy on the ground in Ukraine. If Trump were still in office, All of Ukraine would belong to Russia and Zelenky's head would be mounted on Putin's office wall, right next to Trump's balls.

this is not a reminder, this is a very twisted anecdote that ignores a lot of context

Although I hate to think of the most devastating possibilities, I would expect that this sleeping giant would once again awake at some point

Although I hate to think of the most devastating possibilities, I would expect that this sleeping giant would once again awake at some point

one could argue it did, when Putin took over and reasserted Russian independence vs. Western corporations back in the 00's. And even after that, they still allowed those same corporations to operate in the country and respected their IP and assets, and allowed free travel and commerce.

And that being said, Russia showed remarkable restraint as the U.S. expanded NATO east, contrary to assurances we had given (of which there are public records) first to former Warsaw Pact countries (Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania, then to actual former Soviet Republics, like Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and started making moves even farther from the "North Atlantic" to Georgia, and eventually Ukraine in 2014.

We now know it was the US who actively participated in the coup against Yanukovich in 2014, and then started arming Ukraine and militarizing it (including arming actual Neo Nazi groups) against Russia. Russia more or less sat on its hands tolerating this for EIGHT (8) years, until finally deciding enough was enough and realizing the US and EU had no intention of honoring any treaty they agreed to.

Hard to stomach all this as an American, but it is what it is...

Somewhere I heard that in the 247-year history of the US, it has been in a state of peace for approximately 15 years. That ain't no accident. Once the oligarchs conquered the US mainland, it turned Europe into fallow ground, then plundered Southeast Asia. Then the Middle East. Now, it's Ukraine.

Next it might just be the United States--again.

Last edited:
Somewhere I heard that in the 247-year history of the US, it has been in a state of peace for approximately 15 years. That ain't no accident. Once the oligarchs conquered the US mainland, it turned Europe into fallow ground, then plundered Southeast Asia. Then the Middle East. Now, it's Ukraine.

Next it might just be the United States--again.

They've been plundering the U.S. since the roughly the 1970's, and at an increasing rate since then, once they undid the New Deal restrictions on finance being able to use their "fiefdoms" in the money supply chain for plundering manufacturing, transportation infrastructure, food, water, etc. instead of actually financing investment aimed at growing those things and creating bona fide competition in markets.

I heard on the radio today that the coup attempt didn?t actually happen - just a combination of rumor, fake news, misinformation, misunderstanding and corrupt western media.

I heard on the radio today that the coup attempt didn?t actually happen - just a combination of rumor, fake news, misinformation, misunderstanding and corrupt western media.
Just on this single war, it's pretty incredible how slanted the reporting we see on American and European media is, and the amount of censorship on Russian sources.

Any comments contrary to "our" narrative on Reddit would get downvoted immediately to oblivian. I stopped reading it regularly. It seemed fishy to me that was legit reader activity. And I've been following this whole situation more or less going back to 2014... our accounts completely omit our own government's involvement in the situation since then, or the fact that Ukraine had been continuously shelling Russian separatists all this time.

Going back to when this war started, I remember reading all the comments on how heroic Ukrainians were almost single-handedly holding off the incompetend and stupid Russians (remember the "Ghost of Kyiv?"), the Russians were almost out of ammo, running out of gas in the middle of battle, etc.

It seems like that was all projection, because the situation on the ground has Russia holding on to their gains in Ukrainian territory.

Projection seems to be the rule... I quietly listened to a guy at work ranting about how insane Putin is, and how he's a delusional maniac, totally out of touch with what's going on in his country. I wondered where he was getting that information, b/c I wanted to ask him if he had their president confused with ours.

I hate to quote Fox News, but when they're the only ones calling attention to something...

They?re not the only ones, but only KFI 640 and KABC 790 here in LA seem to be picking up on it.

To be fair, ?Ukraine? and ?Iraq? are not completely unsimilar words phonetically. They both begin with vowels, they both have ?k? and ?r? sound in them.

Biden is too old to be president.

So is the last asshole - he definitely has lost a step or two, due to his age, besides his general state of insanity.

You hate DiSantis - my Republitard friends are thinking he has lost whatever high ground he achieved being the ?anti-shutdown governor? with his ?war on Disney? - however valid it is or isn?t.

I don?t see much of value coming up from the Democrats.

Good thing I don?t pay a lot of attention to politics.

So it turns out $4.5B (that we know of) in aide to Ukraine has been used to pay off Ukraine's sovereign debt, much of which is owned by Blackrock. Of course, that's not at all shady and pointing that out probably makes me a puppet of Putin.

Last edited:
Should government continue to abridge the inalienable rights of its citizens, I expect a reaction that will make the January 6, 2021, protest appear as a Chautauqua gathering, complete with cake and lemonade. It will be sudden, surprising, and substantial.

Back