Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Was our draft really that good?

Heck, seeing how it went, I know exactly how I would re-draft Rounds 1-3.

1. Ryan Kelly
2. Cody Whitehair
3. Sheldon Day

That being said, while I'm not a fan of Decker, I didn't mind the Day 2 picks at all.

If we are doing that...here is my hindsight draft.

1. Deron Lee. Not sure Decker can be that LT they need but I don't mind the pick. Lee has all pro potential.
2. Jason Spriggs. Potential LT but could step right in at RT
3. Sheldon Day. Exactly what they need up the middle.

Heck, seeing how it went, I know exactly how I would re-draft Rounds 1-3.

1. Ryan Kelly
2. Cody Whitehair
3. Sheldon Day

That being said, while I'm not a fan of Decker, I didn't mind the Day 2 picks at all.

So basically exactly what quin did bit in a different order. I'd probably go with your list over his. With how he raced up to the podium in rd 1 he obviously felt covering that rt hole was the most important thing coming out of this draft.

Not sure how it matters if you pick in 2 minutes or 15. Unless you're looking to trade they all have their board. Take the top guy on it, and if it fits a need even better.

Not sure how it matters if you pick in 2 minutes or 15. Unless you're looking to trade they all have their board. Take the top guy on it, and if it fits a need even better.

I would always take the 15 minutes. Maybe there is someone out there that would blow your doors off with a trade offer.

I would always take the 15 minutes. Maybe there is someone out there that would blow your doors off with a trade offer.

And if they didn't they'd still have picked Decker. So not liking the pick because it was two minutes makes little sense.

I don't think anyone said they didn't like the pick because they made it in two minutes.

Sounds like it. Nonetheless, the old saying if you like a guy go grab him. Plus some said we needed a RT and were happy to get one. Now because media says they should have went elsewhere, it's a bad pick.

I don't see it on the back end. Ashanwn isn't bringing any pass rush.

I could see running back and that's it.

The fact of the matter is..if I look at last years team and this years. We got better on the oline. And that's it.

Then you shouldn't even be allowed to talk football then....bottom fucking line. We got better on the OLine and DLine in major ways. That in turn makes your LBs and DBs better. Added an athletic LB that can fill the stat sheet. Added a killer S that will compete for a starting gig...
OLine improved. So your RBs should be better. Just because we didn't go after a bunch of WRs doesn't mean we got worse or stayed the same. This team improved with this draft.

Last edited:
If he turns out to be the player that they see he will. Taking a double team in the middle frees up pass rush from other positions.

Robinson is a beast. His athletic ability is off the charts too. Lions will bring the passrush out of him

This site agrees...from KCs notes...

Analysis: Even if Decker never finds his way to the left side of the line, locking up right tackle will be a win. Better players might have been on the board, but there aren?t a ton of sure things in the bottom half of round one and they managed to grab an undervalued commodity in Robinson on the next day. Glasgow, Killebrew and Dahl were all players who may have been overdrafted a little and Williams is tough to evaluate based on his competition but will get a chance to earn a spot on special teams. Zettel was a good player for the Nittany Lions and Rudock is an interesting backup who could find himself staying in Detroit for a while. Picking a long snapper in the sixth round isn?t inspiring, but hopefully getting Washington in the seventh will add a player who contributes.

Bottom Line: Even though I like Robinson, Decker is the type of player who you can usually find in free agency. He fills a need, but doesn?t scream great draft. The rest of the class is a little forgettable and in a tough division they needed to improve more than they did.

Grade: D+

http://www.todayspigskin.com/nfl-draft/2016-nfl-draft-analysis-grades/

lmfao....awesome

They obviously knew what was going on. Waiting the 15 mins proves absolutely nothing lol.

They obviously knew what was going on. Waiting the 15 mins proves absolutely nothing lol.

all I was saying is if you wait it gives other teams a chance to make a trade offer...if you make the pick after 2 minutes you will never know.

Like I said...I don't have a problem with the pick...I would rather they wait to see if there is another opportunity.

all I was saying is if you wait it gives other teams a chance to make a trade offer...if you make the pick after 2 minutes you will never know.

Like I said...I don't have a problem with the pick...I would rather they wait to see if there is another opportunity.

These guys usually know what's going on beforehand. Phones don't start ringing once your team is on the clock lol. Is that what you think?? Jesus Christ, man lol. They have a good idea what is going on immediately. When you see a team run up to the podium it's because of a few things....(1) they're in love with a player (2) no trades are in the works because they don't want one or they know they can't make one happen. They rank these guys in order that they want. Decker was obviously the #1 guy on their board after the first 15 picks and they didn't hesitate.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're wrong on this but waiting the 15 mins isn't always the case. Sometimes you just can't....

Solid B draft imo.

Lost value in first but filed a huge need at rt.

Gained huge value in 2nd...not much of a need.

Nice value and need in 3rd.

Nice value with zettel.

Ola is better than the 4th string guard we took...that was my only head scratcher.

The olb and rb probably don't make the team.

Thought before the draft we needed an upgrade at safety....personally don't think killebrew beats out bush or Wilson. So that pick was basically a starting STer.

Solid B draft imo.

Nice value with zettel.

Ola is better than the 4th string guard we took...that was my only head scratcher.

Thought before the draft we needed an upgrade at safety....personally don't think killebrew beats out bush or Wilson. So that pick was basically a starting STer.

Or backup S. For that slot it works.

Solid B draft imo.

Nice value with zettel.

Killebrew could very well end up at LB. He also could end up in that hybrid S/LB role that teams are using more and more.

I think Killebrew will blow people up in camp and preseason and become a fan favorite.

Back