Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Was our draft really that good?

Been off the grid since Thursday night, but I liked what we did in the draft after seeing the picks. Decker should be a solid starter on the OL and OT was a big position of need for us, Robinson seemed like great value in the 2nd round, and Glasgow could be another OL starter for us if not just solid depth. I'm fine with us snagging a back up QB in Ruddock in the 6th. Don't know a ton about the other guys we took other than one of the DBs is supposed to be a thumper.

The only head scratcher for me right now was the long snapper. Couldn't we have gotten him as a UFA?

Since I didn't watch the draft like usual, I don't know who was sitting there when our number was up, so I don't have the same "we should have taken him instead" type of view this year.

Just for the interested John Clayton says Decker is a natural at LT. I think Clayton is a putz but hope he's right on this.

Just for the interested John Clayton says Decker is a natural at LT. I think Clayton is a putz but hope he's right on this.

I think Decker can play LT, and I think he'll be there to start the season. I'm expecting Reiff to man RT, which should make his upcoming contract price a lot less if we want to keep him around.

I think Decker can play LT, and I think he'll be there to start the season. I'm expecting Reiff to man RT, which should make his upcoming contract price a lot less if we want to keep him around.

If that happens and he's a better LT than Reiff then it's a really really good pick. 2 birds with one stone kind of thing.

That's a tall task (starting at LT from day 1) but he might be able to do it. That would be the ideal situation.

That's a tall task (starting at LT from day 1) but he might be able to do it. That would be the ideal situation.

I don't know guys. 79th rated pass blocker in COLLEGE FOOTBALL last year according to PFF.

79th!!!!

Just a reminder that NFL players are BETTER than college players. If I'm Stafford, I'm worried that Reiff might be my LT next year.......but I'm TERRIFIED that Decker might be.

I don't know guys. 79th rated pass blocker in COLLEGE FOOTBALL last year according to PFF.

79th!!!!

Just a reminder that NFL players are BETTER than college players. If I'm Stafford, I'm worried that Reiff might be my LT next year.......but I'm TERRIFIED that Decker might be.

Hopefully he can improve by 1900%. By I suspect he'll start at RT and stay at RT. Assuming he stays healthy unlike our previous RT's.

79th!!!!

Just how often did OSU do a traditional drop back and pass pro style type offense? Probably not very often when they were using JT Barrett most of the time... Kind of hard to protect a guy who scrambles at the littlest hint of pressure....

Just how often did OSU do a traditional drop back and pass pro style type offense? Probably not very often when they were using JT Barrett most of the time... Kind of hard to protect a guy who scrambles at the littlest hint of pressure....

Do you think OSU was the only program to run an option style offense???

Playing field probably a bit more level than you make it out to be.

If you say so. I glad we drafted them and hope our run game is better but if Matt throws as much as last season he still gets sacked as much as last season.

I don't think he gets sacked as much because of the offensive scheme. A lot of short quick passes with the occasional deep ball. Then hammer down with the RBs. They just picked up 2-3 OLinemen that excel in running the ball. It's kinda obvious that they want to run the ball more. If this works, it will work wonders for the passing game.....

Last edited:
I don't think he gets sacked as much because of the offensive scheme. A lot of short quick passes with the occasional deep ball. Then hammer down with the RBs. They just picked up 2-3 OLinemen that excel in running the ball. It's kinda obvious that they want to run the ball more. If this works, it will work wonders for the passing game.....

Well put, I agree. I'm excited to see our running game this year. If it is successful, this offense is going to be potent

Last edited:
I really liked our draft this year but I am still worried about our devision. GB is going to be better getting back Nelson and Minny had another solid draft. We could be fighting for 2nd in the division if not 3rd. Still not sold on the Bears but their D could be solid

Robinson is the steal of the draft. Between him, Decker, Glasgow, and Killedrew, we got a whole lot nastier.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back