Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Where?s the loss?

RedRenegade

Sitting 5-1, a coin flip away from being 6-0.

Baltimore only guy that scares me at this point is Justin effing Tucker
Raiders offense inconsistent at best and Jimmy G is hurt a lot
Chargers can?t run the ball
GB Minny and Chicago are who they are
Saints?can?t put my finger on them. No identity.
Cowboys red zone offense a mess
Denver dumpster fire

The Raven's game could be tough. We struggle with mobile QBs at times and their defense is stout. (they are one of only two teams ranked higher in defensive DVOA than we are)

I could see us dropping one to Minnesota, the Saints game could be tricky and so is the Cowboys game. But you never know, I'm just enjoying the ride at the moment.

Any team that decides to throw at will harris and walker the entire game. Guaranteed loss.

It's the NFL so they'll be more losses....more injuries, game with too many turnovers, bad game by Goff, etc. With that said the absolute worse record they should finish with now is 12-5. I think 12 wins is the floor. 10 wins looks like it will easily win the division. It will probably take 14 wins for home field advantage. Philly has a brutal schedule. San Fran can get to 14 wins.

The Raven's game could be tough. We struggle with mobile QBs at times and their defense is stout. (they are one of only two teams ranked higher in defensive DVOA than we are)

I could see us dropping one to Minnesota, the Saints game could be tricky and so is the Cowboys game. But you never know, I'm just enjoying the ride at the moment.

This. We REALLY struggle with mobile QB's. Look at the last 2 Bears games. Lamar is throwing more this year, which is good for us.....but that guy is always one play away from busting a 40 yarder.

We will lose at least 3 more games this year. Most likely is @Baltimore, @ NO and @ Dallas.

Yes, all are winnable but we don't have the secondary or the pass rush to be GREAT. Unless we have great health the rest of the year and JMO coming back ignites an already good offense to greatness.

13-4. Just miss out on home field throughout. Get a playoff win in Ford Field and then I think we'd have a fighting chance in SF but would run over in Philly.

This. We REALLY struggle with mobile QB's. Look at the last 2 Bears games. Lamar is throwing more this year, which is good for us.....but that guy is always one play away from busting a 40 yarder.

We will lose at least 3 more games this year. Most likely is @Baltimore, @ NO and @ Dallas.

Yes, all are winnable but we don't have the secondary or the pass rush to be GREAT. Unless we have great health the rest of the year and JMO coming back ignites an already good offense to greatness.

13-4. Just miss out on home field throughout. Get a playoff win in Ford Field and then I think we'd have a fighting chance in SF but would run over in Philly.

I'm hoping we have better luck on the injury front after the bye because it's been a lil rough for the first part of the season.

11-6. Just a hunch. I seem to be having these recently. They haven?t come to fruition yet.

11-6. Just a hunch. I seem to be having these recently. They haven?t come to fruition yet.

If the injuries keep piling up, I can see this happening. The good thing is that 11 wins should EASILY win the North.

If the injuries keep piling up, I can see this happening. The good thing is that 11 wins should EASILY win the North.

I want the bye.

Eagles lost to Jets and still have Cowboys twice, at KC, home vs San Fran, at Seattle, home vs Buffalo

49ers lost to Browns and still have Seattle twice, at Jags, Bengals home, Tampa Bay home, Baltimore home and at Philly

There is enough losses for them possible that a Lions 13-4 team could get a bye. Especially if of the 4 losses, two are at Ravens, at Chargers are the losses. at Cowboys the most likely other one. So 10-2 NFC conference could get it done.

All of the Denver game looking tougher than originally thought. And Minny looks good all of the sudden with Dobbs, who seems to have an instant rapport with Hockenson. (GAG!!!) And of course the Dallas game is tough they seem to have steadied the ship. Could be a disastrous end to the season if they don?t stay vigilant. I?ll stay cautiously optimistic?

All of the Denver game looking tougher than originally thought. And Minny looks good all of the sudden with Dobbs, who seems to have an instant rapport with Hockenson. (GAG!!!) And of course the Dallas game is tough they seem to have steadied the ship. Could be a disastrous end to the season if they don?t stay vigilant. I?ll stay cautiously optimistic?

I cannot imagine Minnesota keeping that up with Josh Dobbs. Who knows. They'll get J Jetta back soon so maybe Dobbs is this generations Kurt Warner. He uses his legs well and is tough to bring down and that is our Kryptonite.

Denver isn't that good, Buffalo played like shit and lost that game. Dallas will be tough. We should be very competitive in the last 8. Nobody left on the schedule that we aren't better than on paper. But it's the NFL.....so having an off day means a L most Sundays.

I say we finish 6-2.....13-4 overall. Losses in Dallas and Minnesota.

Playing Dallas on the road is definitely going to be tough. Now they haven't played anybody good at home yet but their average margin of victory at home has been by 27 points per game.

But I'm glad we play them on the road late in the year. We need a tough test like that. You can't go into the playoffs thinking the competition is going to be like the Bears or Packers.

We are going to lose a game people don't expect us to lose. It's the NFL it's just going to happen. One of the Bears games, or @Saints, or home vs Denver. We will go 3-1 in those games probably.

I think the TGiving game vs Packers is as close to a sure win as you can get. So that's up to 4-1.

That leaves the final 3 of the season. All 3 of us, Vikings, and Cowboys are likely to still be fighting to improve playoff positioning so those are gonna be tough. Most likely outcome is 2-1 but I can easily see 1-2.

So either 6-2 or 5-3 finish the rest of the way.

My brother and I were covering the remaining games and I expect a 12-5 finish.

Next loss comes against Caleb Williams and the improved Chicago Bears.

14-3, 13-4,13-3 and 13-3, 13-3 have been the number 1 seeds in the NFC since 2018

This year might be a 4-loss year 1 seed given the Eagles tough schedule but 3 might have to be it.

Lions can drop 2 more and have a chance at it. And Lions should beat most everyone but Dallas but could definitely lose to anyone. Even the top seeds every year have 1-2 losses not expected

12-5 wouldn't be a choke but it would mean we lost at Dallas, at Vikings and dropped one other game and then have to deal with being the 2 or 3 seed. 11-6 (4-4 finish) or 10-7 (3-5) and then we'll have some worries as the 3 seed if they can actually get that playoff win.

Also Vikings are 6-4 so if they finish 5-2 (most likely given how they have played, split Detroit/lose to Bengals only or some other game) then 11-6 is their record. So Lions need 12 wins for the division (5-3 finish)

Last edited:
Everyone seems to think we have an easy schedule coming up.

4 out of our last 6 games are against playoff teams and that doesn?t include an improved red hot Broncos team.

Back