Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Would you guys be for/against trading out of the 1st round?

This. You need a trading partner and most teams dont want to give up that much to move up. And with this board 90 percent of the posters would be complaining we didn't get enough for dropping in the draft.

Complaining? I'd take a 4th for Ebron right now.

It really depends on who is on the board at that point. Very situational and hard to really be heavily in favor or against without that key info.

For me the answer is as simple as this...

Is there a prospect in this draft that is considered a "can't miss" prospect that will be available at 23?

The answer clearly is no. There might not be two of those in this entire draft. So you're best chance of a solid draft is more picks. If you have a willing partner, trade back.

Happens every year, somebody will be willing to trade back into the first. 23 seems like a good spot for that, and with us not having 2 later round picks, we could be the team that gets targeted for something like that. That's all I'm saying.

Happens every year, somebody will be willing to trade back into the first. 23 seems like a good spot for that, and with us not having 2 later round picks, we could be the team that gets targeted for something like that. That's all I'm saying.

I think you're right. Some team drafting in the early 2nd always wants to move back up and get a guy they are locked in on. Those picks between 20-30 always seem to be moving around.

And in our case, there is no reason not to if we get the offer. It's a smart move.

Smart teams do that. We are busy trading up to get Javhid Best.

We weren't at pick 30, we were in Round 2. So you can't trade down into Round 2 when you already have the 2nd pick in the draft. We swapped positiion in the 4th. Big deal. We needed a playmaker like Best at the time.

We did trade down in Round 3 and got a 4th in 2009. Levy and Sammie Lee Hill. We traded down in the 4th one year and the 5th round one year. Mayhew moves all around.

The only time we have picks in the 20s we stayed put with Pettigrew and Reiff. Correct moves at the time.

How about he makes correct moves for now? Or, not have two entire draft classes vanish?

How about he makes correct moves for now? Or, not have two entire draft classes vanish?

11-5. He made the correct moves.

2010 and 2011 would be free agents anyway. 2009, 2012-2014 many correct moves. And many moves in 2010/2011 were the correct moves at the time too.

2010 and 2011 would be free agents anyway. 2009, 2012-2014 many correct moves. And many moves in 2010/2011 were the correct moves at the time too.

11-5, bounced out in playoff game = incorrect moves... oh, I forgot that Dallas got the game handed to them by the refs, too many injuries, bad offensive line, and just dumb luck. This team is doomed for eternity. When ownership stops treating their team like a hobby, then they have a chance.

Build thru veteran free agency. #mayhewproblems

Trading back makes sense if there is no player we really like at the spot. Trading back doesn't make sense if we pass on a player of need just to get an extra 4th round pick.

If you have a bunch of guys rated in the same range, trading back is an option. If you have 1 or 2 rated significantly higher than the #3 guy on your list when your pick comes up you take keep the pick and make a selection.

Draft and free agency. 11-5. You lost this argument.

How funny you always look at the big picture until the small picture works in your favor. Big picture....mayhew is 40-56, 0 playoff wins, 0 divisional championships. Not to mention all the fuck ups like extending schwartz and then want to fire him less than a year later. I win every argument when its against your little pee brain. #mayhewproblems

Mayhew could get lucky and go 16-0 this year and he'd still only be .500 lmao. What a loser....

Last edited:
How funny you always look at the big picture until the small picture works in your favor. Big picture....mayhew is 40-56, 0 playoff wins, 0 divisional championships. Not to mention all the fuck ups like extending schwartz and then want to fire him less than a year later. I win every argument when its against your little pee brain. #mayhewproblems

Mayhew could get lucky and go 16-0 this year and he'd still only be .500 lmao. What a loser....

2-14 Millen rebuild, 6-10 Stafford hurt. Plenty of injuries in 2012/2013 too.

2011 and 2014 only seasons that truly matter.

2-14 Millen rebuild, 6-10 Stafford hurt. Plenty of injuries in 2012/2013 too.

2011 and 2014 only seasons that truly matter.

Right...only those years matter. Just like the only plays that Stafford makes are the good ones...just ignore everything that is bad and it doesn't exist! LKP fantasy land!

Watch, they'll probably go into next season with the same O-line as last year (only with Swanson instead of Raiola).

Back