Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Would you guys be for/against trading out of the 1st round?

Romo has had a 9 year career with nothing to show but a few .500 seasons and a few yards. In 9 seasons, he has 2 meaningless wild card wins.

If that PI call against Pettigrew stood......Romo and Stafford would have the same number of career playoff victories.

That, and Romo has the best OL in football.....a top 3 WR....a HOF TE.....the best RB in football.....a good #2.....a good #3.

All that, and he needed luck to beat the Lions.

He's nothing more than good.

In their combined seasons when they played at least half the games (8 for Romo, 5 for Stafford) Romo has 8 of the 9 highest rated seasons.

Yes, last year he had a great Oline (like staff in 2013), CJ>Dez, Tate>>>Williams.

Romo did have a better running game, but it's not like Romo and Staff were close last year. Romo #1 rated passer Stafford #21.

I agree everything you said is nothing more than average. But everything you said is also way better than anything stafford has done.....which means you agree stafford is below average. Such a hater...

I think Stafford is every bit as good as Romo is right now, and, has a higher ceiling because of his age.

Stafford just finished his age 26 season

Romo just finished his age 34 season

Stafford will have a better career than Tony Romo.

I think Stafford is every bit as good as Romo is right now, and, has a higher ceiling because of his age.

That's fine that's your opinion. However to put it into perspective to get Stafford to Romo's career average in Rating and Completion % Stafford would need to go:

500 for 500 (100% completion), 5,875 yards, 75 TDs, 0 Ints.

Romo has never finished (8 qualified years) out of the top 10 in rating in his career. Matt has finished in the top half of the league once (5 Qualifed Years).

Last edited:

based on YOUR projections. Based on reality and ACTUAL numbers tony Romo is way better than matt Stafford. Im actually not a tony romo fan.....but its hard to argue his efficiency numbers. I was right there with you about Stafford ceiling.....but this is year 6 of us talking about his ceiling and his numbers keep falling into the basement. I know I know. we have no oline no run game no weapons and he only had a defense 1 year. But thank fucking heavens we have such an AWESOME GM that can build a team with no oline, no run game no weapons and no defense except for 1 year!

When will you guys realize that when you defend Stafford ANNNNNNNNNNND when you defend mayhew its so contradictory it makes you all sound so fucking dumb. I know youre not dumb ppl...youre better than that. you really are...

based on YOUR projections. Based on reality and ACTUAL numbers tony Romo is way better than matt Stafford. Im actually not a tony romo fan.....but its hard to argue his efficiency numbers. I was right there with you about Stafford ceiling.....but this is year 6 of us talking about his ceiling and his numbers keep falling into the basement. I know I know. we have no oline no run game no weapons and he only had a defense 1 year. But thank fucking heavens we have such an AWESOME GM that can build a team with no oline, no run game no weapons and no defense except for 1 year!

When will you guys realize that when you defend Stafford ANNNNNNNNNNND when you defend mayhew its so contradictory it makes you all sound so fucking dumb. I know youre not dumb ppl...youre better than that. you really are...

Just like when you say our GM is terrible, our QB sucks ANNNNNNNNNNNNND you predict 10 win seasons........isn't that right?

How can we have a terrible GM and QB ANNNNNNNNNNNNNND win 11 games???

Riddle me that, genius?

Just like when you say our GM is terrible, our QB sucks ANNNNNNNNNNNNND you predict 10 win seasons........isn't that right?

How can we have a terrible GM and QB ANNNNNNNNNNNNNND win 11 games???

Riddle me that, genius?

It was clear to me we had a weak schedule after the bears decided to do nothing to fix their shitty defense. Facing a rookie qb twice vs the queens. And an relatively easy schedule outside the division. It was clear as day we should have won double digit games. They exceeded my expectations and I gave them credit for it. But by no means was it impressive to me. They squeeked out wins all year by miraculous calls and miraculously boneheaded plays by the other teams. There was atleast 3 games ....I think in a row....that if the other team didn't do stupid shit over and over there was no way we could have won. And it wasn't us forcing the stupid shit to happen most of the time lmao. I think we had like 2 impressive wins....maybe 3. giants game got our hopes up. shutting down arod was impressive.....still don't know how we did it....but have to give them credit for doing it.

This team was a couple minutes total from being a 8 win team. Sorry, its just not impressive to me. you win 11 games and go out and dominate teams for entire games....sure id be singing a different tune.

Last edited:
Ok. The refs, defense, opponents mistakes were the reason for 11 wins or 3 more than 8. That is flippin brilliant. Amazing football knowledge. Unbelievable... the crap posted on this board.

Last edited:
Ok. The refs, defense, opponents mistakes were the reason for 11 wins or 3 more than 8. That is flippin brilliant. Amazing football knowledge

so you didn't watch matt ryan throw the ball directly to one of the worst corners in the NFL late in the 4th quarter with no pressure whatsoever.

Saints game....watch that one? Id write how they fucked that game up but itd be about 5 pages long.

Miami game. You think we dominated them and came out with a decisive victory?

Its real easy to tell someone they don't have football knowledge. But atleast you prove it....or you have an extremely short term memory.

Lions are really not far away from being a super bowl team but unfortunately they do not have enough picks to get it done in 2015. If they can get a starting OT, starting CB, starting DL, and a starting RB between the draft and player cuts, we may get it done. Of course we need to stay healthy.

Its December 14th...were at home vs the lowly Vikings. Stafford proceeds to dominate the game by throwing for 153 yards. we win by scoring 16 points. yay. totally impressive performance.

Its December 14th...were at home vs the lowly Vikings. Stafford proceeds to dominate the game by throwing for 153 yards. we win by scoring 16 points. yay. totally impressive performance.

ps we blocked a FG and they missed a GW FG.

Lions are really not far away from being a super bowl team but unfortunately they do not have enough picks to get it done in 2015. If they can get a starting OT, starting CB, starting DL, and a starting RB between the draft and player cuts, we may get it done. Of course we need to stay healthy.

Lions are not far away from being a top 10 draft pick team either. That's the joy off being in the middle of the pack.

Would you be surprised if we missed the playoffs in 2015? I think we should, defense is good enough,but I wouldn't be shocked if we missed.

Ok. The refs, defense, opponents mistakes were the reason for 11 wins or 3 more than 8. That is flippin brilliant. Amazing football knowledge. Unbelievable... the crap posted on this board.

It's because he is LKP.

It's all the same excuses.....just the different end of the spectrum.

It's HughesKP.

It was clear to me we had a weak schedule after the bears decided to do nothing to fix their shitty defense. Facing a rookie qb twice vs the queens. And an relatively easy schedule outside the division. It was clear as day we should have won double digit games. They exceeded my expectations and I gave them credit for it. But by no means was it impressive to me. They squeeked out wins all year by miraculous calls and miraculously boneheaded plays by the other teams. There was atleast 3 games ....I think in a row....that if the other team didn't do stupid shit over and over there was no way we could have won. And it wasn't us forcing the stupid shit to happen most of the time lmao. I think we had like 2 impressive wins....maybe 3. giants game got our hopes up. shutting down arod was impressive.....still don't know how we did it....but have to give them credit for doing it.

This team was a couple minutes total from being a 8 win team. Sorry, its just not impressive to me. you win 11 games and go out and dominate teams for entire games....sure id be singing a different tune.

Blah blah blah......im a troll.

I'll tell you how shitty this team is......the GM is.....the QB is......the depth is......the secondary is......

But I'll predict 10 wins.

LOL.....you don't even believe your own bullshit!!!!

Troll on......

#HughesKP

Last edited:
Blah blah blah......im a troll.

I'll tell you how shitty this team is......the GM is.....the QB is......the depth is......the secondary is......

But I'll predict 10 wins.

LOL.....you don't even believe your own bullshit!!!!

Troll on......

#HughesKP

Ill pull an example from a different sport....this one should hit closer to home for you. Izzo was on ESPN radio this week and explained how he never thought this team would be good enough to reach a final 4 this year and hes surprised they are there. So are they a great team just because they got to a final 4? Or are they in the final 4 because they pulled out a couple games at the end?

If you think Michigan state is a great team and you think the lions are a great team that are well on their way to a super bowl. Then that's your opinion. You are also a stupid fucktard homer troll if you think that. But atleast you have an opinion.

You're right, we don't have enough picks. In a Mayhew draft we'd need about 30 picks and at least 4 in the first round to do what you're asking.

So now you're making excuses for why we WON games..... haters gon hate

So now you're making excuses for why we WON games..... haters gon hate

I think he's saying it was more to do with the defense/easy schedule over offense/Matt. Some are going to say it heavily favors the defense/schedule as to why we won games. Others will disagree and say it's closer to even, offense/Matt - Defense/schedule.

Last edited:
I think he's saying it was more to do with the defense/easy schedule over offense/Matt. Some are going to say it heavily favors the defense/schedule as to why we won games. Others will disagree and say it's closer to even, offense/Matt - Defense/schedule.

Nope! He's making excuse on why we won. Same EXACT thing LKP does when we lose, but flip-flopped...no difference whatsoever.

Back