Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Real Talk

I got my body armor on for this one. Stanton has done more for this franchise then our #1 pick Stafford. He was the one under center when we got the road monkey off our back. That was huge for the organization. He was the one under center to start the win streak to end the season. If it wasn't for his success would people talk about the Lions as a sleeper? Doubtful, we probably would have been a 4 win team. If it wasn't for his wins we would be talked about like the Bills. For all the heat people give him he is a major reason we even get media talk. I'm not a Stanton guy nor do I think he should be our starter just think it's funny how much shit people talk about him. He's done more w limited snaps then our #1 overall pick. Until Stafford can prove otherwise it's sad but true.

stanton is not the reason we get media talk. CJ and our D-line are the reason we get talk. Stafford is 10x the QB that Stanton is, but I will give drew credit for not killing us during that win streak. He was solid. Stafford can be GREAT!

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]stanton is not the reason we get media talk. CJ and our D-line are the reason we get talk. Stafford is 10x the QB that Stanton is, but I will give drew credit for not killing us during that win streak. He was solid. Stafford can be GREAT!

Not killing us? He started it and got the road monkey off our back.

So you're saying Drew is the reason we won last year? I don't think so. The first game of the 4 game win streak was GB. we put up a whopping 3 points and he was 10 for 22 with a td and 2 picks. Against TB, he was much more efficient and thrived on short passes and YAC from the receivers. Morris also had a big game against the D, which helped. Stanton had a good game. But look back at his two other games with a large number of snaps. Against Chicago and NYG he was very mediocre. A healthy stafford would have won us 8-10 games last year. Stanton and hill played okay, but Stafford has star potential. The defense kept us in most of the games and we needed Stafford to get us the wins.

Like I said I'm not a Stanton guy. I'll give Stafford credit for looking good in preseason and limited action last season but until he proves to be other than a flick of the jersey away from IR I'm not sold. I'm not ready to purchase the Matthew Stafford stock.

i'll accept that, just don't think that Stanton is the reason we won. I have nothing against the guy aside from being a millen blunder, but I can see that he's at best a career backup QB. IMO he'd be better in the Browns system.

Monster you said a healthy Stafford has "star potential". That's a big "if" and "if" if was a fifth we'd all be drunk bruther.

he had a 39.4 rating against the Packers....lol , lets not give him any credit for that at all please.

Tampa Bay Im all for patting him on the back , nice game....very efficient..but Im giving Linehan alot of credit also for keeping him limited to what he was doing and callling a masteful game.

lets not bring up the Jets game...where HE cost this team a win....when most high school Qbs know to simply fall to the ground , take a sack and let the clock roll , rather then attempt a pass to a FB who is barely passed the line of scrtimmage and has a converging LB pretty much already in his back pocket.

dudes a 3rd team QB.....he had a chance in Free Agency to see what his worth was to ANYONE but the Lions.

how many teams dialed his number ?

we should try to get what we can out of shaun hill in a trade probably like a 4th or 5th but I'd take it and let Stanton be the back up and keep Robinson as our 3rd QB.... May be dumb but i don't care for noodle arm to much...

kmd47 said:
we should try to get what we can out of shaun hill in a trade probably like a 4th or 5th but I'd take it and let Stanton be the back up and keep Robinson as our 3rd QB.... May be dumb but i don't care for noodle arm to much...

true...we all know Stantons flutter ball has a little more zip then Hills.

SLICK said:
he had a 39.4 rating against the Packers....lol , lets not give him any credit for that at all please.

Tampa Bay Im all for patting him on the back , nice game....very efficient..but Im giving Linehan alot of credit also for keeping him limited to what he was doing and callling a masteful game.

lets not bring up the Jets game...where HE cost this team a win....when most high school Qbs know to simply fall to the ground , take a sack and let the clock roll , rather then attempt a pass to a FB who is barely passed the line of scrtimmage and has a converging LB pretty much already in his back pocket.

dudes a 3rd team QB.....he had a chance in Free Agency to see what his worth was to ANYONE but the Lions.

The Jets game? You wanna blame Stanton and give Stafford a free pass? Our starter went on IR off a shoe lace tackle. I Will admit our 3rd string didn't deliver in the clutch against the leagues best defense but I'm not gonna point the finger at Stanton when Stafford went out like a bitch.

SLICK said:
kmd47 said:

Keep in mind that flutter ball got the road monkey off our back against a 10 win team that was fighting for the playoffs.

503 said:
SLICK said:

The Jets game? You wanna blame Stanton and give Stafford a free pass? Our starter went on IR off a shoe lace tackle. I Will admit our 3rd string didn't deliver in the clutch against the leagues best defense but I'm not gonna point the finger at Stanton when Stafford went out like a bitch.

sure I'll blame a guy who's been in the league 4 years and was told on the sidline by both the HC and OC , don't throw the ball unless your first read is wide open.

Stanton blows...always has....check his college resume and besides 1 win against ND , name a better then average team he actually beat.

by the way his IR time , while not as prolific as Staffords has been just as abysmal.

he actually blew a knee dropping back in practice without being touched.

SLICK said:
503 said:

sure I'll blame a guy who's been in the league 4 years and was told on the sidline by both the HC and OC , don't throw the ball unless your first read is wide open.

Stanton blows...always has....check his college resume and besides 1 win against ND , name a better then average team he actually beat.

by the way his IR time , while not as prolific as Staffords has been just as abysmal.

Has he or has he not done more for our franchise then golden boy?

503 said:
SLICK said:

Keep in mind that flutter ball got the road monkey off our back against a 10 win team that was fighting for the playoffs.

like I said , he played decent in that game....didn't lose it for us and was a contributor...Mo Morris also had 100+ yards on 15 carries averaged 7.8 ypc that game which was big and the defense made numerous big stops.

503 said:
SLICK said:

not even close....if he was to dissappear off the roster tomorrow he wouldn't be missed...Stafford on the other hand.

SLICK said:
503 said:

like I said , he played decent in that game....didn't lose it for us and was a contributor...Mo Morris also had 100+ yards on 15 carries averaged 7.8 ypc that game which was big and the defense made numerous big stops.

Well give the guy credit for rallying the troops something Stafford and Hill both failed to do in 2 seasons. Who was the last QB in Det to win a road game before Stanton? Please don't tell me Kitna

SLICK said:
503 said:

not even close....if he was to dissappear off the roster tomorrow he wouldn't be missed...Stafford on the other hand.

Stafford on the other hand is a breath in the face from a shoulder injury. He's the Greg Oden of football right now until he could prove otherwise. I'm holding out hope but not holding my breath.

lol

Hill has only been a lion since last year. I do also believe that last year stafford won the one game he actually finished and had the lead in the two others when he left. Sure, it's just a 3 game sample, but it was against the jets, bears, and redskins. 2 of the 3 were playoff teams. conference championship game teams.

Back