Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2020 Dem candidate

Here's an idea: If you run for the presidential nomination and are defeated, you are disqualified from being appointed VP. It's a hot take, of course, but one that I predict will be suggested by someone "influential" in the near future.

As for the Harris-Biden ticket (I'm calling it as I see it) I wonder who will be the actual VP when Biden steps down. And, if the Republicrats still hold the senate, how many will be rejected before one is approved. If the Democrats control the senate, this point is moot. The good news, I suppose, is that the VP is more a ceremonial position.

Heres an idea....if you completely fail at managing a global pandemic and kill hundreds of thousands of americans....then you are disqualified at running for president again.

EfLXOC1XgAAMv7T

I wish that this surprised me.

Heres an idea....if you completely fail at managing a global pandemic and kill hundreds of thousands of americans....then you are disqualified at running for president again.

And the Mayor of NYC and Governor of New York as well. Put it out there and see what happens!

Last edited:
I'm also reminded that the president need not resign to be relieved of his duties. So Biden could be declared "incapable of serving" as president and Harris would be named acting president, forgoing the necessity of selecting a vice president.

Harris is a clown and a complete and total hypocrite who only cares about gaining more and more power no matter what lies and contradictions she has to tell or make. ...

OK, I actually agree with you 100% about this, but how does this make her any different than Biden, Trump, or Pence?

AOC nominated Sanders by seconding a nomination that theretofore had apparently not yet happened.

Damn, that?s funny.

So pretty.

So confused.

I read that it was a formality... like she was supposed to nominate him because he was still on the ballot, but now the press (no doubt with a nod from the DNC) put this out with this framing to make it look like she screwed up, or is out of step.

I'm still writing in Bernie. Fuck the Democrats.

I read that it was a formality... like she was supposed to nominate him because he was still on the ballot, but now the press (no doubt with a nod from the DNC) put this out with this framing to make it look like she screwed up, or is out of step.

Couldn't someone else have fulfilled the formality? Having AOC do it is baiting the press same as everything Trump says.

Not to say I agree with your "agree on everything" take. There's still the environment.

Last edited:

I don’t know anything about what the corrupt and slimy DNC did or didn’t do.

She didn’t nominate him.

She seconded a nomination that no one made - or at least I am not aware that anyone made a nomination before she seconded any nomination.

It’s not possible to second a motion that nobody made.

It’s just amusing that’s all.

Maybe I’ll go ahead and write in Bernie to, just for the irony and absurdity of it.

Last edited:
I don?t know anything about what the corrupt and slimy DNC did or didn?t do.

She didn?t nominate him.

She seconded a nomination that no one made - or at least I am not aware that anyone made a nomination before she seconded any nomination.

It?s not possible to second a motion that nobody made.

It?s just amusing that?s all.

Maybe I?ll go ahead and write in Bernie to, just for the irony and absurdity of it.
Someone named Bob King nominated him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...ng-endorses-bernie-sanders-at-dnc/vi-BB187EdC

FWIW, on twitter I saw that AOC was upset by the way NBC framed her comments here, and demanded a retraction and apology. They issued a half-hearted "Oops" but weaseled out of a true clarification, at least initially. I haven't followed this since then.

by giving her only a minute to speak, far less than former Republitards, and then doing THIS to her, the DNC is sending a clear message to the Actual Left...

Back