Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2020 Dem candidate

I can see him actually saying this...

0df72a12bbaf7d0f3b6c8ca096cf72162fcfbae47c3090d5c67219090e623459.jpg

Kind of like Trump saying how great the economy is. Its so great that once is closed several major companies went out of business within 2 weeks because they had $0 cash reserves. Meanwhile he drove up the deficit and only made it better for rich people.

There will be plenty of new jobs available during the next term since Trump fucked up so bad in 2020.

Even if Biden did say something like that...which is 100% possible. He could also say:
"my supporters dont believe in killing 100s of thousands of Amercians."
"my supporters believe in Science"
"my supporters believe in the health of our children"
"my supporters arent twitter trolls"

Kind of like Trump saying how great the economy is. Its so great that once is closed several major companies went out of business within 2 weeks because they had $0 cash reserves. Meanwhile he drove up the deficit and only made it better for rich people.

There will be plenty of new jobs available during the next term since Trump fucked up so bad in 2020.

Even if Biden did say something like that...which is 100% possible. He could also say:
"my supporters dont believe in killing 100s of thousands of Amercians."
"my supporters believe in Science"
"my supporters believe in the health of our children"
"my supporters arent twitter trolls"

the funniest part about this post is you're dumb enough to think those quotes are true - not that they were said, but if they were, that they'd be true.

Democratic committee voted against pushing medicare for all as part of their platform (seen as an indicator of how far left Biden is getting pushed) by 131-36.

Democratic committee voted against pushing medicare for all as part of their platform (seen as an indicator of how far left Biden is getting pushed) by 131-36.

Medicare for all was favored by like 78 or 80% of Democratic voters polled.

This would be surprising to me if I thought the Democrats actually cared whether they beat Trump or not. Their entire goal was keeping Sanders from getting the nomination. That having succeeded, everything after this point is meaningless to them.

This is... a one party state. Electoral politics is meaningless now.

Medicare for all was favored by like 78 or 80% of Democratic voters polled.

This would be surprising to me if I thought the Democrats actually cared whether they beat Trump or not. Their entire goal was keeping Sanders from getting the nomination. That having succeeded, everything after this point is meaningless to them.

This is... a one party state. Electoral politics is meaningless now.

I thought this video of Rand Paul getting upset about spending was amusing. Says (facetiously, if I'm capable of evaluating such a thing) republicans should apologize for criticizing Obama for spending and should be forbidden by law from ever claiming to be fiscally conservative.

Spending has been beyond crazy though. Everybody thought the $0.7 T TARP bailout was big when it was proposed. Paul says we're borrowing $5 T in 5 months - has it been that much?!

https://www.axios.com/rand-paul-rep...ing-3e352d95-360b-4645-9678-de06e7ba212b.html

I thought this video of Rand Paul getting upset about spending was amusing. Says (facetiously, if I'm capable of evaluating such a thing) republicans should apologize for criticizing Obama for spending and should be forbidden by law from ever claiming to be fiscally conservative.

Spending has been beyond crazy though. Everybody thought the $0.7 T TARP bailout was big when it was proposed. Paul says we're borrowing $5 T in 5 months - has it been that much?!

https://www.axios.com/rand-paul-rep...ing-3e352d95-360b-4645-9678-de06e7ba212b.html

I've noticed the same trend. The numbers are shockingly big in some contexts.

of course, they'll still trot out stories about some postal worker or school bus driver making five figures in OT for the year to show wasteful government spending.

I've noticed the same trend. The numbers are shockingly big in some contexts.

of course, they'll still trot out stories about some postal worker or school bus driver making five figures in OT for the year to show wasteful government spending.

seems there's a growing disconnect between the "real" economy, i.e. Americans who actually grow food, make things, and provide tangible services like giving haircuts or cleaning teeth, and the "fake" economy, i.e. moving paper around, changing numbers in spreadsheets or making powerpoint presentations and charging $500/hr for it or them, and what not.

The nominal dollar value in the "fake" economy is now leaps and bounds larger than the "real" one. There's gotta be some sort of painful reckoning coming.

Things start not to "add up"... like the U.S. economy is the biggest in the world / we're the wealthiest country in the world, but we can't manufacture - or even just buy from abroad - enough non-defective COVID-19 testing kits to ensure we can test and trace Americans...

seems there's a growing disconnect between the "real" economy, i.e. Americans who actually grow food, make things, and provide tangible services like giving haircuts or cleaning teeth, and the "fake" economy, i.e. moving paper around, changing numbers in spreadsheets or making powerpoint presentations and charging $500/hr for it or them, and what not.

The nominal dollar value in the "fake" economy is now leaps and bounds larger than the "real" one. There's gotta be some sort of painful reckoning coming.

Things start not to "add up"... like the U.S. economy is the biggest in the world / we're the wealthiest country in the world, but we can't manufacture - or even just buy from abroad - enough non-defective COVID-19 testing kits to ensure we can test and trace Americans...

I've heard the argument over the 'V-shaped rebound' include a description of it as a 'K-shaped rebound' One half went up, one half went down.

She hasn’t said anything about it, but Michelle Obama is probably depressed because of this also.

If I were Michelle Obama, I would be depressed about it.

like being an lawyer? ;)

This depresses Michelle Obama.
She hasn't practiced for years:
Following law school, Obama became an associate at the Chicago office of the law firm Sidley & Austin, where she met her future husband Barack. At the firm, she worked on marketing and intellectual property law.[4] She continues to hold her law license, but as she no longer needs it for her work, she has kept it on a voluntary inactive status since 1993.
By working at Sidley & Austin, she would've been well compensated in the "fake economy"... moving paper around and ticking boxes for large corporate clients of the firm. Easy work... just have to keep the bosses and big shots happy and feed their ego. That part gets really draining, unless you're a billionaire bootlicker type.

Michelle's dad was a precinct captain in the Democratic machine in Chicago.

That opens a lot of doors for you (regardless of race) in the nation's third largest city.

Like being a "good ol' boy" in a Red State.

The Kingmakers and Cultists ultimately stick together. Michelle is not in any way depressed. She's just trying to motivate the masses to select coral snake venom over cobra snake venom as a poison.

Either way, we are going to get bitten.

Back