Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 Free Agency and Cap Cuts

that site must be wrong then.

Yeah it only has base and then one year prorate for some reason. But would have to see clauses in contract. Usually that big signing bonus they eat it all. Unpaid roster bonus goes to new team though along with salary and work out bonuses

If they trade Stafford for Goff people will lose their minds

Stafford could win in LA for sure. Run game, Woods/Kupp and a defense. He would love it

If they trade Stafford for Goff people will lose their minds

Stafford could win in LA for sure. Run game, Woods/Kupp and a defense. He would love it

the only difference is the defense. Woods/Kupp aren't anything special and neither is the run game.

I don't know why the Lions would trade for Stafford for Goff...seems like a lateral move.

Goff is worse. Hes under contract for 1 more year than stafford at a higher cap hit. Hed have a 31 mil dead cap hit in 2022 so im not sure how the rams would trade him. 2023 is his out year with only 8 mil dead cap.

I heard Holmes loves him...personally i think he sucks and costs more. Dont see why we would do this unless hes taking the Bob Quin approach and bringing in all the failed players from a different franchise.

Last edited:
Goff is worse. Hes under contract for 1 more year than stafford at a higher cap hit. Hed have a 31 mil dead cap hit in 2022 so im not sure how the rams would trade him. 2023 is his out year with only 8 mil dead cap.

I heard Holmes loves him...personally i think he sucks and costs more. Dont see why we would do this unless hes taking the Bob Quin approach and bringing in all the failed players from a different franchise.

Probably wouldn't do it but not looking at Stafford's face anymore would make me happy.

From this day forward Erik Kramer is the best QB for the Lions in my lifetime. He got us a playoff win.

the only difference is the defense. Woods/Kupp aren't anything special and neither is the run game.

I don't know why the Lions would trade for Stafford for Goff...seems like a lateral move.

Rams were 10th in rush yards per game. Lions were 30th. That's a big difference

And the defense huge difference. Basically 2nd/3rd defense versus 31st/32nd

Weapons Lions have a little more if KG stays healthy. KG, Jones, Hock and Swift are good. But would have to look at separation and drops (though some of that is scheme too McVay vs Bevell/conservative wishes of Patricia)

Stafford would thrive there. He would have everything he needed. Which is how they win with a worse QB in Goff

Rams were 10th in rush yards per game. Lions were 30th. That's a big difference

And the defense huge difference. Basically 2nd/3rd defense versus 31st/32nd

Weapons Lions have a little more if KG stays healthy. KG, Jones, Hock and Swift are good. But would have to look at separation and drops (though some of that is scheme too McVay vs Bevell/conservative wishes of Patricia)

Stafford would thrive there. He would have everything he needed. Which is how they win with a worse QB in Goff

I meant that their run game isn't much better in terms of talent and ability to run the ball...they just run more often.

Heard the cap will be $180 so a drop of what 18 mill. More reason to get rid of our 25 mill guy.

Holmes has already been quoted as saying "Matt Stafford is great." Well, that's the end of him being shipped out.

Matt could demand a trade.

That's not like him. But to be fair being asked that question you're not going to say he sucks.

Owner: "So what do you think of Matt Stafford."
Holmes: "Well, he stinks but not as bad as the backups."

Only non football.people.think stafford is just above average or average or bad

Only non football.people.think stafford is just above average or average or bad

Regardless where he fits he could be elite for all I care we don't win enough games for the money he makes.

Regardless where he fits he could be elite for all I care we don't win enough games for the money he makes.

Doesnt matter. Draft better..sign smarter fa deals..the money isnt the reason we lose. Lions spent a ton of money infa and had plenty of draft picks..pick better players or coach/scheme.

Only 14th in cap hit this year too in 2020

Last edited:
Back