Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 Free Agency and Cap Cuts

Seems a little pricey, but I?m happy with what I?ve read about him so far. Hope this works out.

Been sticking around Denver. We'll see if he puts it together. Getting a good shot to play on this depleted WR core

Undrafted guy 2021 and a 6th for a 5th and 7th? I hope that works out as well but that seems desperation.

Lions trade 5th and 7th round pick for speedy WR Trinity Benson. Get 2023 6th round back too from Denver.

Give up day 3 for this guy?

Love the speed aspect we seem to be targeting. Speed is not the only thing you need to be a good WR in the NFL.....but you need speed if you want to open up things in the short to intermediate passing lanes.

It's something the Lions have lacked for YEARS now.....since Calvin could still run.

I asked do we have a deep threat QB.

Goff has the arm, just not a canon. Will need protection to make it work and take the shot at the right time. He is turnover averse through check downs.

Gotta admit.....there is a lot of good things being said about this move online.

Overall consensus. Fast. Wins with speed. Has a high motor and a "my ball" mentality when the ball is in the air. Quick twitch athlete. Great work ethic. REALLY improved from year one to year 2.....especially with his hands. Improving route runner. Great RAC guy.

Someone asked one of the Broncos beat writers why they would trade someone that has gotten such high praise. He said if it wasn't for the really good WR corp in Denver, he definitely would not have been traded.....and he wouldn't have lasted 24 hours if they put him on the practice squad.

12 2nd round picks didn't play out their rookie deals for the Lions since 2007. Tavai is number 12.

Woof

funny...Lions fans getting excited about picking up a WR that wasn't going to make the Denver Broncos.:lmao:

Unlike the Rams, the Lions will be playing from behind a lot this year. Will be interested to see how much they let Goff air it out here or if they plan on dinking and dunking their way back into games.

Coach talks about "wasn't good enough" but released Craig Reynolds who had some nice preseason games. I liked him.. And I thought SAGE SURRATT had a shot.

Coach talks about "wasn't good enough" but released Craig Reynolds who had some nice preseason games. I liked him.. And I thought SAGE SURRATT had a shot.

I don?t think anyone thought Sage had a shot. He did nothing in camp and nothing in the games. Where would his shot be coming from?

Lions cut both kickers. Smart move to get boyle and hand to ir

I don?t think anyone thought Sage had a shot. He did nothing in camp and nothing in the games. Where would his shot be coming from?

I thought after the draft he might make it. I can't speak for his 'in camp' but as far as games he got 1 target a game. Not much opportunity. He's quite slow though.

Back