Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 How you would have done it post draft thread

mhughes0021

I'm going to roll with the trade cause I loved it. Feel free not to.

2) KT Edge. Imo athletic edge was more important than a better version of Romeo.

12) Jameson Williams WR. Best play making WR in the draft.

2) Nakobe Dean MLB

3) Channing Tindall OLB

5) Matt Araiza P

6) Connor Heyward FB/TE

6) Thayer Mumford OT

7) Carson Strong QB

I'm going to roll with the trade cause I loved it. Feel free not to.

2) KT Edge. Imo athletic edge was more important than a better version of Romeo.

12) Jameson Williams WR. Best play making WR in the draft.

2) Nakobe Dean MLB

3) Channing Tindall OLB

5) Matt Araiza P

6) Connor Heyward FB/TE

6) Thayer Mumford OT

7) Carson Strong QB

I like Kayvon too. But I don?t know how people keep saying Hutch isn?t athletic. His RAS is literally 20th out of 1389 defensive ends recorded since it?s been tracked. He?s just really tall so he?s not quite an elite bender. But his ability to move and quickness is elite, even if he were 5 inches shorter.

2) Hutch

32) Watson WR

34) Roger McCreary CB

66) Asamoah LB

97) Joseph S

177) Mumford OT

217) Kalia Davis DT

237) Justin Ross WR

wait...I thought you wanted Malik Willis at #2

Lol I sure did and obviously whiffed on that one BAD. I wanted to move on from Goff but we have him for another year. It will be interesting to see how he looks with weapons everywhere and protection from an elite offense line.

Continuation of a discussion from a Tiger game thread To give SGG the opportunity to explain how the entire ?outcome? of a draft can be changed when there isn?t an outcome ? not a single draftee have played a single play in the NFL.

Last edited:
Continuation of a discussion from a Tiger game thread To give SGG the opportunity to explain how the entire ?outcome? of a draft can be changed when there isn?t an outcome ? not a single draftee have played a single play in the NFL.

Here?s some high expectations shit that didn?t work out too good.

And here are some pleasant surprises.

So again, how do we measure the ?outcome? of a draft for which there is still yet to be an outcome?

Again not to over state the obvious rational, reasonable and logical - not a single one of these draftees has played a single down of NFL football yet.

The difference between pick 20 and pick 32, cheese and crackers for the love of Mike.

Last edited:
Here?s some high expectations shit that didn?t work out too good.

And here are some pleasant surprises.

So again, how do we measure the ?outcome? of a draft for which there is still yet to be an outcome?

Again not to over state the obvious rational, reasonable and logical - not a single one of these draftees has played a single down of NFL football yet.

The difference between pick 20 and pick 32, cheese and crackers for the love of Mike.

I agree with what your saying but We're not grading how this draft turned out. We're saying who we would have picked in those slots.

I agree with what your saying but We're not grading how this draft turned out. We're saying who we would have picked in those slots.

OK, but can?t we do slots based upon whatever the pick numbers were because Stafford?s won the Super Bowl, and what our slots would have been if Stafford?s team hadn?t won the Super Bowl?

Your new thread seemed as good as any for the post I made here to land on, on the Lions board.

Wouldn?t change a thing. In Holmes I trust!

Didn't you say in Quinn I trust or In Mayhew I trust. I know you didn't say those things, no one in there right mind would. But the thing I trust is winning. So far Holmes is a 1st round bust. He has time but when, in back to back drafts, he draft back up's early in the draft. Josh Pascal now and before Levi. Don't trust him yet.

Didn't you say in Quinn I trust or In Mayhew I trust. I know you didn't say those things, no one in there right mind would. But the thing I trust is winning. So far Holmes is a 1st round bust. He has time but when, in back to back drafts, he draft back up's early in the draft. Josh Pascal now and before Levi. Don't trust him yet.

Worst rd 2 drafter of all time? 4th dt last year. 5th De/4th under sized dt this year.

Last edited:
Worst rd 2 drafter of all time? 4th dt last year. 5th De/4th under sized dt this year.

2drafts and he turned a weakness that you bitched about into a possible strength of this team using the draft only! We still got holes, we all know that but he has us trending in the right direction.

We still have money and can target other teams roster cuts

Year 3, I expect playoffs. This year, I?m expecting 6-8 wins.

2drafts and he turned a weakness that you bitched about into a possible strength of this team using the draft only! We still got holes, we all know that but he has us trending in the right direction.

LB core blows. That will again before our downfall. Teams pass too easily on us, every year. We draft one LB late and his weakness defending the pass. Instead of drafting character guys get the ones who are talented in areas of need.

Dline would be just fine without levi and pachal picks:

Hutch Brockers McNeil romeo

With levi and pachal picks:

Hutch brockers McNeil romeo

I don't see a difference.... and you wont see a difference in production this year as Charles Harris will be the first DE rotating in. And levi simply doesn't make any plays.

Dline would be just fine without levi and pachal picks:

Hutch Brockers McNeil romeo

With levi and pachal picks:

Hutch brockers McNeil romeo

I don't see a difference.... and you wont see a difference in production this year as Charles Harris will be the first DE rotating in. And levi simply doesn't make any plays.

We were towards the bottom in sacks last year and averaged less than 2 a game as a team. Had the same problem w Patricia. I?m pretty sure year 2 under Holmes we?ll see a difference in production.

LB core blows. That will again before our downfall. Teams pass too easily on us, every year. We draft one LB late and his weakness defending the pass. Instead of drafting character guys get the ones who are talented in areas of need.

Agree on the LBs and agree on teams passing too easily on us. How many games do we watch zero pass rush on the QB?

Not sure why people are upset w trying to put a big focus and investment on the DLine, knowing it was maybe the worst in the league when Holmes took over. The guy is trying to turn shit into sugar and people are upset.

3-4 looks. Its levi or pascal playing de oppositr brockers
. Hutchinson and Romeo are the olbs
Pass rushing situation Levi or Paschal at 3 tech and McNeil is out

All these dlineman will get plenty of snaps at olb, dt and de

And also brockers is not a long term answer. Cut next year if he plays poorly again. Have some long term focus for 2023 and 2024. Nick williams snaps up for grabs

It's clear to me that this front office isn't prioritizing LBs. It could be incompetence, or just too many holes to fill, or something else. I'd say we don't have any insight into what the plan is on defense, other than boosting talent on the D-line.

There was talk of switching to more four-man fronts, but those quotes were fairly non-committal. There's no rigid scheme they're using, likely more of a hybrid look (I doubt most teams are using rigid schemes these days). I'll wait to see what kind of personnel packages we see first before saying what we should or shouldn't have done in the draft.

It's clear to me that this front office isn't prioritizing LBs. It could be incompetence, or just too many holes to fill, or something else. I'd say we don't have any insight into what the plan is on defense, other than boosting talent on the D-line.

There was talk of switching to more four-man fronts, but those quotes were fairly non-committal. There's no rigid scheme they're using, likely more of a hybrid look (I doubt most teams are using rigid schemes these days). I'll wait to see what kind of personnel packages we see first before saying what we should or shouldn't have done in the draft.

Whatever the "scheme"...if it includes Thor and Jarrad Davis its not a good one.

Back