Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 NFL Draft Strategy - Thru Week 13

One benefit of this draft, for me at least, is that there really aren?t too many places the Lions could go wrong positionally.

I think the only picks I?d truly hate in the top 34 would be:

- Tackle or center that can?t play guard
- DT that can?t play outside
- TE
- RB
- Special teams

Not a fan of the top QBs but at least I?d understand the reasoning behind taking one.

Simply stated...We need playmakers. On both sides of the ball. St Brown and Oruwariye were literally the only guys on the team that make splash plays. Whens the last time we had a LB that was worth a shit? I honestly cant even remember lol....fucking Spielman?

Simply stated...We need playmakers. On both sides of the ball. St Brown and Oruwariye were literally the only guys on the team that make splash plays. Whens the last time we had a LB that was worth a shit? I honestly cant even remember lol....fucking Spielman?

Levy was exciting for like a year or two.

Levy for like 2 years. 2013 and 2014 specifically

One benefit of this draft, for me at least, is that there really aren?t too many places the Lions could go wrong positionally.

I think the only picks I?d truly hate in the top 34 would be:

- Tackle or center that can?t play guard
- DT that can?t play outside
- TE
- RB
- Special teams

Not a fan of the top QBs but at least I?d understand the reasoning behind taking one.

Agree on this. I think a 3 tech works though behind Levi if they are far and away BPA at like 34. Both could play and Levi can move outside some. Hand was cut and Nick Williams is a FA so need snaps still and Dline depth never a bad thing.

Brockers can be inside and outside too in a 4-3 or the 4i in the Rams scheme. Nose tackle, yeah don't take a nose again as I like McNeil and Penisini still fine as backup

Levy was exciting for like a year or two.

Levy was really good for 32 games.

Before that....I really can't remember. Mike Cofer. Spielman. Stephen Boyd? I think Reggie Brown would have been really good, but he was injured before he got there.

Pat Swilling?

Levy was really good for 32 games.

Before that....I really can't remember. Mike Cofer. Spielman. Stephen Boyd? I think Reggie Brown would have been really good, but he was injured before he got there.

Pat Swilling?

Trying to remember the LBs from the 00s.

Ernie Sims was maybe decent?
Paris Lennon, I remember everyone hating him
Boss Bailey/Larry Foote, only remember the names
Teddy Lehman, can?t remember if he either suffered some catastrophic injury or sucked or both

Stephen Tulloch was solid

Unfortunately he?ll always be remembered for this

15124992028_58680170c6_o.gif

Unfortunately he?ll always be remembered for this

15124992028_58680170c6_o.gif

I was at that game. Good Lions win but that was very odd for sure. Gave way to the Tahir Whitehead era

Last edited:
Lions lost the 7th round pick for the Benson trade. League made an error. 8 picks now. No 7ths

Only could happen to the Lions

Until they cut him this camp

Chark, St Brown, Reynolds, Raymond, Cephus and probably a rookie day 1 or day 2 pick. No room for the guy

Benson in a Holmes guy, Cephus is not. They?ll be battling each other for a roster spot.

Benson in a Holmes guy, Cephus is not. They?ll be battling each other for a roster spot.

Cephus did well and played alot before he got hurt..Cephus has the edge for sure

Rumor that DC does not like KT after their meeting this week. Could be some smoke.

Rumor that DC does not like KT after their meeting this week. Could be some smoke.

I hope it's smoke. If there is a coach that can keep KT fired up, it's Dan Campbell. If there is one thing he seems to be good at it's player morale and motivation.

NFL draft buzz 2022: Everything Todd McShay is hearing on top prospects, QBs, early picks and team strategies

Detroit Lions (Nos. 2, 32)

Unsurprisingly, the Lions would be elated if Hutchinson is on the board at No. 2 -- and he'd be their pick. Hutchinson would be an immediate leader on that defense. Detroit produced the league's third-fewest sacks (30), so bringing in a player like Hutchinson makes a lot of sense.

OK, but what if Hutchinson is the No. 1 pick after all? I get the strong sense that Detroit would be picking between Walker and Oregon defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux. Cincinnati cornerback Ahmad Gardner also is a possibility, despite the team using the No. 3 pick on a cornerback (Jeff Okudah) two years ago.

There had been some buzz around Detroit considering Liberty quarterback Malik Willis at No. 2, but that would be a massive shock at this point, based on what I'm hearing. And despite a lot of mocks scripting a quarterback to the Lions with their second first-rounder (No. 32) to get a fifth-year option attached, I'm not convinced they go that direction -- and that includes the early second round, where they pick at No. 34. The exception would be Pittsburgh's Kenny Pickett falling to them at the final pick of Round 1, which appears unlikely.

The latest on the quarterback class

As it stands right now, my sources don't believe there is a team in the top 19 picks that will be drafting a QB. There's always a shock on draft night, and teams always look to trade up for a signal-caller, but the Pittsburgh Steelers at No. 20 is the first spot I'm hearing serious QB consideration. Word is that the Steelers like Liberty's Willis, so the question for Pittsburgh GM Kevin Colbert and coach Mike Tomlin: Can they pull a Bill Belichick and just hold tight for their guy? (New England stayed put at No. 15 last April and landed Mac Jones.)

Another team that popped up in my conversations about quarterbacks was the Tennessee Titans, who pick at No. 26. They were the AFC's top team last season at 12-5, and there are bigger roster needs, including wide receiver. But Ryan Tannehill will turn 34 this summer, and Tennessee could drastically reduce its salary at that position if it drafts a QB this year, sits him in 2022 and then parts ways with Tannehill in 2023.

Back