Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 NFL Draft Strategy - Thru Week 13

Not the Lions fault this is not a draft with known stud prospects. Holmes and this staff can make it work. Nobody should be flamed at pick 2. Have some patience

Not the Lions fault this is not a draft with known stud prospects. Holmes and this staff can make it work. Nobody should be flamed at pick 2. Have some patience

Patience will start once we have a QB in place for the future.

People so desperate to see Goff's replacement they're willing to take guys that wouldn't be 1st rounders in some drafts.

People so desperate to see Goff's replacement they're willing to take guys that wouldn't be 1st rounders in some drafts.

The majority of this years top prospects wouldn?t be top prospects in most drafts?

Steelers are going to be a bit more desperate for a QB now, but I do not think they have the draft capital to move up to #2 nor do I think the Lions would desire a trade that far down. The Steelers would need to include a starting defensive player to make that worthwhile for the Lions, and while their D is pretty stacked I doubt they do that.

They would also have to believe Malik will answer their prayers at QB as opposed to tanking next year for someone better at QB in 2023.

Steelers are going to be a bit more desperate for a QB now, but I do not think they have the draft capital to move up to #2 nor do I think the Lions would desire a trade that far down. The Steelers would need to include a starting defensive player to make that worthwhile for the Lions, and while their D is pretty stacked I doubt they do that.

They would also have to believe Malik will answer their prayers at QB as opposed to tanking next year for someone better at QB in 2023.

Mike Tomlin and the Pittsburgh organization doesn?t tank. They find ways to compete w what they have. Tanking is for loosing organizations like ourself.

Mike Tomlin and the Pittsburgh organization doesn?t tank. They find ways to compete w what they have. Tanking is for loosing organizations like ourself.

I agree that would be very much unlike their organization. I would think they will ride do or die with Trubisky, but Haskins had been brought in for a reason.

Still, they are usually smart about their moves so I can see them being ok if Trubisky fails and they get a better QB next year. Their D is likely good enough to still flirt with .500 even if Trubisky sucks.

Here?s a question?Assuming next years prospects stay healthy.

Would you take Thibs and Stroud or Willis and Anderson Jr?

My man Jordan Reid?s latest mock has us taking Willis #2 and Dean #32. That?s a dream scenario having Dean falls to us.

I hope that's a good sign we aren't serious about drafting him.

Every option at #2 is a question mark or feels not worthy of that pick. Might as well get the strong arm, lighting fast, playmaking QB.

Every option at #2 is a question mark or feels not worthy of that pick. Might as well get the strong arm, lighting fast, playmaking QB.

KT not a questionmark really. Way better prospect than Willis as boom or bust developmental QB

KT not a questionmark really. Way better prospect than Willis as boom or bust developmental QB

When people are questioning your motor and how much you really love the game, that?s a big question mark. The physical traits are there for KT, just like Willis.

I?m born and raised in the Portland, OR area and a huge Duck fan. I?d love to see KT succeed but even at the collegiate level, he didn?t live up to the hype. A name to watch this upcoming season is our LB Sewell, brother of Penei. He?s a baller! Injury prone but a baller.

Strong arm. Yes.

Lightning fast. Eh. 4.51 isn't exactly lightning fast. Fast for a QB. Sure.

Playmaking? No.

Strong arm is probably about as important for quarterbacks as jersey number or type of mouthpiece. That doesn't mean shit.

Strong arm. Yes.

Lightning fast. Eh. 4.51 isn't exactly lightning fast. Fast for a QB. Sure.

Playmaking? No.

Strong arm is probably about as important for quarterbacks as jersey number or type of mouthpiece. That doesn't mean shit.

4.51 where did you get that from? He didn?t run a 40 at the combine or pro day did he?

According to NFL.com he was clocked over 20mph. Fastest time for a qb last year in the league was Murray being clocked at 20.78. I?d say that?s lighting fast at the QB position.

Back