Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 NFL Draft Strategy - Thru Week 13

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2022...raft-7-round-order-list-detroit-lions-9-picks

9 picks officially. Two 1sts, 34, two 3rds, no 4th, 5th comp, two 6ths, Browns 7th

Also the 7th round part of Benson deal voided
We only gave up pick 145 for Benson but we get denvers 6th round in 2023. So we didnt lose any overall picks for Benson. Just turned 2022 5th into 2023 6th which you can get the same type of player. So cool it on the Benson trade hate and you will love it in 2023

Last edited:
Wouldn?t touch him with a ten foot poll lol. One year of random production, one trick pony pass rusher and torn Achilles. Maybe in the 3rd.

I agree with this. The Achilles injury scares me. Torn ACL? Fine....thats common place now. Torn Achilles though......for a speed edge rusher that hasn't proven himself at the NFL level yet.....anything in the first 3 rounds would be out of play for me. 4th? Sure.

You just cant be sure you're going to get ANY production from this guy....ever.

I hope he gets back to 100%. These kids have dedicated SO much of their life to get to this point.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2022...aft-roundup-free-agency-detroit-lions-changes

Mock draft roundup.

Seeing a lot of mocks with Hutch going #1.

Thibodeaux is all over the top 10 now, as far as I know he?s done nothing to help his stock.

Hamilton fills a need and is a good prospect, but I?m not comfortable taking a non-generational S that high - feels like a Lion-esque pick TBH

Walker seems to have the physical tools, but I don?t know what to make of his production at Georgia, getting Ansah vibes

No thanks to any QBs

A few mocks with O-line. I?m all for O-line but the need just isn?t there right now (thankfully).

No clear #2 tells me it?s going to be difficult to trade back. I?m still leaning Thibs if Hutch and trade partners aren?t there, I think the risk-reward justifies it, but I won?t feel comfortable with it.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2022...aft-roundup-free-agency-detroit-lions-changes

Mock draft roundup.

Seeing a lot of mocks with Hutch going #1.

Thibodeaux is all over the top 10 now, as far as I know he?s done nothing to help his stock.

Hamilton fills a need and is a good prospect, but I?m not comfortable taking a non-generational S that high - feels like a Lion-esque pick TBH

Walker seems to have the physical tools, but I don?t know what to make of his production at Georgia, getting Ansah vibes

No thanks to any QBs

A few mocks with O-line. I?m all for O-line but the need just isn?t there right now (thankfully).

No clear #2 tells me it?s going to be difficult to trade back. I?m still leaning Thibs if Hutch and trade partners aren?t there, I think the risk-reward justifies it, but I won?t feel comfortable with it.

Interesting article. For the best interest of the long term, those trade back options would be the best (however unlikely). With that many picks, including 3 in the first next year, they could build a truly great roster. Target Garret Wilson at 9 and BPA for every pick later. :cheers:

Matt Ryan to the Colts for a 3rd

Should give ATL number 82. Trade back to 8 might be a stronger possibility now, especially with a future pick or two.

Should give ATL number 82. Trade back to 8 might be a stronger possibility now, especially with a future pick or two.

Falcons want free agent Mariota I saw. Arthur Smith with Mariota in Tennessee

Falcons want free agent Mariota I saw. Arthur Smith with Mariota in Tennessee

Oh well, Atlanta was a longer shot anyway. I frequently forget that Mariota is still in the league.

I want Indy to sign a new, washed up quarterback EVERY year. Just because it's fun to watch.

Next year.....Ryan Tannehill or Baker Mayfield

So, which teams really need a QB.

Atlanta / Mariota
Giants / Danny Dimes
Steelers / Mitch
Lions / Goff
Texans / Mills
Carolina / Darnold
Seattle / Lock

Baker will go somewhere. Maybe Jimmy G?

So, which teams really need a QB.

Atlanta / Mariota
Giants / Danny Dimes
Steelers / Mitch
Lions / Goff
Texans / Mills
Carolina / Darnold
Seattle / Lock

Baker will go somewhere. Maybe Jimmy G?

The Indy sign a new vet every year thing doesnt seem to be working very well.

I htink the Texans stick with Mills and try to build around him...atleast for another year.

Seattle will go get Baker and have him compete with Lock.

Not sure options are left for Jimmy G...Steelers might make a run at him?

Draft value chart reference: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
Draft picks reference: https://www.tankathon.com/nfl
* = comp pick

Lions
2 - 2600
32 - 590
34 - 560
66 - 260
97* - 112

Philadelphia
15 - 1050
18 - 900
51 - 390
83 - 175
101* - 96

New Orleans
16 - 1000
19 - 875

49 - 410
98* - 108

I definitely don't see NO trading their entire draft to move up to 2 plus losing out on their 1st round pick next year.

Philly has less draft capital this year but could include more future picks now.

Future pick values vary. In researching this I've seen values ranging from middle of first round divided by years out (500 in this case) or value of the last 1st round pick of the current year (590).

If Philly was willing to trade up, I'd be OK with 15, 18, and NO 2023 1st (think that will be a high pick), not as excited if it's Philly's 2023 1st.

I definitely don't see NO trading their entire draft to move up to 2 plus losing out on their 1st round pick next year.

Philly has less draft capital this year but could include more future picks now.

Future pick values vary. In researching this I've seen values ranging from middle of first round divided by years out (500 in this case) or value of the last 1st round pick of the current year (590).

If Philly was willing to trade up, I'd be OK with 15, 18, and NO 2023 1st (think that will be a high pick), not as excited if it's Philly's 2023 1st.

A pulled up a random mock.

Lions at 2, KT

#15 Trent McDuffie, CB
$18 Nakobe Dean

IMO...McDuffie + Dean > KT

Back