Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Off-Season

Player Acquisition more like player resign phase

Walker and Harris played well and deserved it. Reynolds too.

Anzalone for "leadership", knows the defense etc and was cheap

Cabinda ST and fullback cheap. Dion Hamilton ST and gets a second chance after a camp injury

Evan Brown cheap good depth

Love the Chark deal

Holmes will have tons of draft capital to make a splash. See if they make any other moves outs

Boyle if 3rd string is fine

Also
Decker for 17 instead of 8 games
Romeo 17 instead of 4
Ragnow 17 instead of 4
Okudah 17 instead of 1. Wild card
Reynolds 17 instead of half a year off waivers

Health upgrades can happen too but we'll see how injury roulette goes

We'll see which rookies develop too. Full year of St Brown second half would be nice with creative Ben Johnson. TBD there and with Onwuzurike, McNeil and Barnes. All 3 got to step up. I think Brockers can actually play better too. But TBD on all that. Up to coaching and them.

70 million. That is a big chunk of change for Marcus Williams. Really good player though

Player Acquisition more like player resign phase

Walker and Harris played well and deserved it. Reynolds too.

Anzalone for "leadership", knows the defense etc and was cheap

Cabinda ST and fullback cheap. Dion Hamilton ST and gets a second chance after a camp injury

Evan Brown cheap good depth

Love the Chark deal

Holmes will have tons of draft capital to make a splash. See if they make any other moves outs

Boyle if 3rd string is fine

Also
Decker for 17 instead of 8 games
Romeo 17 instead of 4
Ragnow 17 instead of 4
Okudah 17 instead of 1. Wild card
Reynolds 17 instead of half a year off waivers

Health upgrades can happen too but we'll see how injury roulette goes

We'll see which rookies develop too. Full year of St Brown second half would be nice with creative Ben Johnson. TBD there and with Onwuzurike, McNeil and Barnes. All 3 got to step up. I think Brockers can actually play better too. But TBD on all that. Up to coaching and them.

I think the injury returns alone will be a noticeable boost for this team. I know people will bitch about how this is more or less the same team, but I think flirting with .500 is not impossible if there are no major setbacks, the rookies contribute, and the sophomores improve.

Will be interested to see what they do with Okudah, especially if they don?t draft Hamilton.

I think the injury returns alone will be a noticeable boost for this team. I know people will bitch about how this is more or less the same team, but I think flirting with .500 is not impossible if there are no major setbacks, the rookies contribute, and the sophomores improve.

Will be interested to see what they do with Okudah, especially if they don?t draft Hamilton.

I think we can get an impact safety at 32, 34, or 66. 2 is still the edge rusher

They also said they are keeping Okudah at CB for now

Jets, Dolphins, Commanders, Giants, Panthers, Seahawks rebuild, Jags, Vikings twice, Bears twice. There is a path to 10 wins with weaker schedule. But Lions will have alot of work to do obviously

Even Packers twice, Cowboys, Patriots are winnable. At Bills and at Packers only very much a loss at this moment at least. More to come with FA and draft

I think we can get an impact safety at 32, 34, or 66. 2 is still the edge rusher

They also said they are keeping Okudah at CB for now

Jets, Dolphins, Commanders, Giants, Panthers, Seahawks rebuild, Jags, Vikings twice, Bears twice. There is a path to 10 wins with weaker schedule. But Lions will have alot of work to do obviously

Even Packers twice, Cowboys, Patriots are winnable. At Bills and at Packers only very much a loss at this moment at least. More to come with FA and draft

all of those teams still have free agency and the draft to get better as well

70 million. That is a big chunk of change for Marcus Williams. Really good player though

We?re the 3win Detroit Lions. If we want impact/top players we will need to outbid whoever. Nobody impactful is coming here on a market value deal.

Paying $14 mil a year for Marcus Williams would not have been a good signing for us.

Draft one in rd 2 or 3...call it a day.

all of those teams still have free agency and the draft to get better as well

Agree. And so do we with more draft capital. And they are not very good teams either

Alot of work to do on the Lions side for sure to have a shot.

Paying $14 mil a year for Marcus Williams would not have been a good signing for us.

Draft one in rd 2 or 3...call it a day.

What do you think would be a good signing? Do you want to keep re-signing below average starters, or give DJ Chark $12mil and hope he can become a consistent average player?

We need some names and players on this roster that can help us become a playoff team. We?re the 3win Detroit Lions and will need to overpay to get All Pro talent.

What do you think would be a good signing? Do you want to keep re-signing below average starters, or give DJ Chark $12mil and hope he can become a consistent average player?

We need some names and players on this roster that can help us become a playoff team. We?re the 3win Detroit Lions and will need to overpay to get All Pro talent.

going into last season, PFF had Marcus Williams was ranked as the 4th best safety in the NFL. I imagine that having the 4th best safety in the NFL is better than adding a #2 WR coming off of a broken ankle.

Reactions: 503
Chark wasn?t a bad signing. Really good age to take a risk on a guy and if it doesn?t work out it was just a one year stop gap. Would hate the signing if there were a few really good receivers available and we just didn?t sign them. However all of them seem to want big money with major question marks. This free agency sucks honestly. There wasn?t a whole lot of players I was a fan of. Marcus Harris was pretty much it for me.

Chark wasn?t a bad signing. Really good age to take a risk on a guy and if it doesn?t work out it was just a one year stop gap. Would hate the signing if there were a few really good receivers available and we just didn?t sign them. However all of them seem to want big money with major question marks. This free agency sucks honestly. There wasn?t a whole lot of players I was a fan of. Marcus Harris was pretty much it for me.

I think these 3 DBs were all worth a look for the Lions.

JC Jackson (26) CB
Marcus Williams (25) S
Charvarius Ward (25) CB

Bobby Wagner and the Honey Badger. Those are a couple players that I?d like to see us target.

Back