Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Off-Season

Vegas o/u for wins was 6.5 last I checked. Anyone in win now mode, Hard Knocks hype or not, is setting themselves up for disapointment.

Offense should be good

Run D and LB coverage huge concerns. And if pass rush not consistent enough, then secondary will start to be torched like the last few years

Think most are in the 7-8 wins bucket knowing could exceed but probably not. And if we only get 5-6 wins then disappointed with this schedule

If we end up with a worse record than the Bears we should fire everyone and start over.

I?m sure there will be a prediction thread soon, but I see 7 wins on the schedule. Think they will struggle against strong passing teams and mobile QBs, the offense should be balanced enough to keep them in most games though. Expecting a fair amount of shootouts.

Ragnow on the injury report with groin issue. The curse of sissy olineman continues.

Ragnow on the injury report with groin issue. The curse of sissy olineman continues.

Backup rg Tommy Kraemer was out too. Back injury..vaitai on ir. 3rd string right guard already

I swear we have double the injuries of like every team

Deleted scene from Hard Knocks of the Lions medical staff

giphy.gif

Medical Staff
Kevin Bastin Head Athletic Trainer
Tom Colt Coordinator of Rehabilitation / Assistant Athletic Trainer
Joe Recknagel Assistant Athletic Trainer
Partson Chinyadza Assistant Athletic Trainer & Physical Therapist
Billy Langston Assistant Athletic Trainer
Matt Barnes Assistant Athletic Trainer
T. Sean Lynch, M.D. Team Physician ? Orthopaedist
William Acker, M.D. Team Physician - Orthopaedist
Kyle Anderson, M.D. Team Physician - Orthopaedist
Eric Makhni, M.D Team Physician - Orthopaedist
Brad Jaskulka, M.D. Team Physician - Internist
Robert Albers, M.D. Team Physician ? Internist
Michael Workings, M.D. Team Physician - Internist
Dr. David Silbert Chiropractor
Chet Regula, D.M.D. Team Dentist
Kevin Everett, M.D. Team Physician - Ophthalmologist

Ragnow not at practice. That is brutal

Sunday could be ugly inside. Fletcher Cox, Hargrave and the rookie Jordan Davis. Evan Brown at center, Jackson and Stenberg could probably how we will have to roll on the inside. Seems like they would move Jackson to RG and put Stenberg at LG. Decker and Sewell better lock down the Graham, Barnett and Sweat and Hasson Reddick

This line can never stay healthy.

The majority of lines don?t stay healthy. It?s the NFL, everyone ends up getting hurt. Good teams overcome injuries and don?t use them as an excuse. This was more directed and LKP as he always uses injuries as one of his many excuses.

The majority of lines don?t stay healthy. It?s the NFL, everyone ends up getting hurt. Good teams overcome injuries and don?t use them as an excuse. This was more directed and LKP as he always uses injuries as one of his many excuses.

Show me a team with this many starting olineman out already and 1st and 2nd round pick from 2022 hurt, 2nd round from 2021 among others including backup rg too

No other team is shuffling their lines this much. Detroit had to do it all last year too

Decker jackson ragnow vaitai sewell have never played one down all together

We are not a good enough team team yet and I?d like to see the starters play together sometime lol .

Show me a team with this many starting olineman out already and 1st and 2nd round pick from 2022 hurt, 2nd round from 2021 among others including backup rg too

No other team is shuffling their lines this much. Detroit had to do it all last year too

Decker jackson ragnow vaitai sewell have never played one down all together

We used a 1st and a 2nd this year on injured players. We knew Williams wasn?t going to suit up and I?m sure they had an idea our second would miss some time.

Tennessee was a playoff team last year. Suffered way more injuries and more significant injuries.

TB, Dal both dealing w more impactful injuries to their OLine.

Injuries are a sorry excuse for a sorry team.

4 for brown
7 for dupree
7 for julio
12 for caleb farley
9 for Henry
5 for rashaan evans

11 for okwara
16 for okudah
6 for decker
9 for flowers
12 for ragnow
4 for swift
5 for hock
16 for number 1 wr ty williams
3 ao
2 goff
Plus others julian, ife, jacobs, onwuzurike

Lions had it way worse

4 for brown
7 for dupree
7 for julio
12 for caleb farley
9 for Henry
5 for rashaan evans

11 for okwara
16 for okudah
6 for decker
9 for flowers
12 for ragnow
4 for swift
5 for hock
16 for number 1 wr ty williams
3 ao
2 goff
Plus others julian, ife, jacobs, onwuzurike

Lions had it way worse

It was a lot worse for Ten. They set an NFL record with most active players in a season.

Our injuries, a lot of those came from us sitting players when we started tanking. Hock, Goff, Swift, Flowers, those guys would?ve played more games if we had something to play for.

Again injuries are a sorry excuse for sorry teams.

It was a lot worse for Ten. They set an NFL record with most active players in a season.

Our injuries, a lot of those came from us sitting players when we started tanking. Hock, Goff, Swift, Flowers, those guys would?ve played more games if we had something to play for.

Again injuries are a sorry excuse for sorry teams.

We had way more starters hurt. And do again this year

We will see what happens. Think philly crushes us but they actually could win 3 or 4 of the next 4 after that

We had way more starters hurt. And do again this year

We will see what happens. Think philly crushes us but they actually could win 3 or 4 of the next 4 after that

My man LKP. You remind me of a battered wife. You never think it?s the Lions fault, always have an excuse or blame others and think the organization can change year after year.

Next time I hear an excuse from you, I?ll be calling you BSS (battered sports syndrome) from them on.

My man LKP. You remind me of a battered wife. You never think it?s the Lions fault, always have an excuse or blame others and think the organization can change year after year.

Next time I hear an excuse from you, I?ll be calling you BSS (battered sports syndrome) from them on.

Injuries are reasons for poor play. Yes the team should find a way to overcome it. Sometimes they don't, sometimes the healthy Lions don't step up enough, sometimes the backups suck, sometimes there is too much injury is makes it even harder to overcome or there are so many injuries it is impossible to overcome when you are down to 4th/5th string.

The healthy Lions are going to need to step up and the backups are going to have to at least be adequate. Evan Brown was actually solid last year but that doesn't mean missing Ragnow who is a stud isn't a big deal. Vaitai and Kraemer so you are done to 3rd string already and some line shuffling for continuity. That is a big deal too

And then you have the injury comparison team to team that nobody seems to want to do in depth. Eagles super healthy with just two backups on IR (Dillard and Ward) and nobody expected to miss the game from their starting 22 that they wan. Lions not so much missing at least 4 starters (2 Oline maybe including an all pro center maybe) and some other key backups (Jacobs which leads to Will Harris or maybe Bobby Price/Chase Lucas playing, Paschal which leads to more Bryant/Cominsky), one of the backups for one of the starters (Kraemer hurt behind Vaitai). Do I think Brown for Ragnow, Stenberg for Vaitai/Kraemer, Bryant/Cominsky for Paschal, Demetrius Taylor/Benito Jones for Levi and Josh Reynolds for Jameson can do enough to help the Lions win or at least cause them not to lose. Yes. But it's much harder if the Eagles aren't dealing with anything.

Back