Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Off-Season

Would you swap pick 2 for 9 for DK Metcalf. And how much would you pay Metcalf. 20 per? 25 per?
Lions would have pick 9, 32, 34 and 66 could all be defense. Or pick 32 could be qb and dump goff in 2023 for even more room 63 millio in space for metcalf deal

nope

DK played in all 17 games last year and didn't even rack up 1000 yards. He is turning into David Boston 2.0 He is a beast of an athlete but I think defenses picked up on his skillset. plus, the $20-25M you would have to give him. Pass.

If Seattle wants to trade up to 9 that would be great. But don't take DK and what you would have to pay him. Get more draft picks and build a complete roster.

DK played in all 17 games last year and didn't even rack up 1000 yards. He is turning into David Boston 2.0 He is a beast of an athlete but I think defenses picked up on his skillset. plus, the $20-25M you would have to give him. Pass.

If Seattle wants to trade up to 9 that would be great. But don't take DK and what you would have to pay him. Get more draft picks and build a complete roster.

He had 1300 yards in 2020 though. And he had 12 TDs last year. Yeah only 943 yards but Russell Wilson also missed a bunch of games too and Geno Smith is garbage.

DK has a huge ceiling. My only worry is he yelled at Russell who knows what he would do to Goff. We would have to overpay him to make him happy. Love the idea of the trade but maybe a different receiver. However, Nobody else has a WR I would want in the top 10 though. Falcons, Giants, Jets, Carolina really lacking. DJ Moore is good but not an X and he just signed a long term deal with Carolina.

I would do 2 to 6 swap with Carolina for Christian McCaffery. 1 million, 12, 12 and 12.2 million cap hits for 4 seasons for Detroit. But Carolina probably would want a pick

the ideal trade for the Lions would be with the Giants. 2 & 32 for 5 & 7

based on the chart in the article

2 & 32 = 3190
5 & 7 = 3200

There is a good possibility, if that trade took place.....that we would end up with Thibedeaux and Kyle Hamilton. I would shit myself if that happened. Or Thibs and Drake London....who I think is the best WR in this draft. I smile just thinking either of those scenarios is a possibility.

However, I am preparing myself for us taking Malik Willis......who I think will be a monumental flop, at #2.

There is a good possibility, if that trade took place.....that we would end up with Thibedeaux and Kyle Hamilton. I would shit myself if that happened. Or Thibs and Drake London....who I think is the best WR in this draft. I smile just thinking either of those scenarios is a possibility.

However, I am preparing myself for us taking Malik Willis......who I think will be a monumental flop, at #2.

i unfortunately dont see the giants moving up 3 spots for anyone in this draft.

the ideal trade for the Lions would be with the Giants. 2 & 32 for 5 & 7

based on the chart in the article

2 & 32 = 3190
5 & 7 = 3200

i honestly rather have PHI 2 picks in the middle of the round. Target Devin Lloyd MLB and Jermaine Johnson Edge. Take a WR at 32.

You leave the first round with Devin Lloyd, Jermaine Johnson and George Pickens....youve drastically changed your team for the next 5 years.

Last edited:

Willis and the 9th WR off the board. Could be a disaster.

Willis and the 9th WR off the board. Could be a disaster.

I know. I just don?t see Willis being able to effectively run an NFL offense. Would he make some big plays?.absolutely. But when a defense does a good job of keeping him in the pocket does he have the skill set to get to a 2nd, 3rd or 4th read and keep the ball moving down the field?

I just don?t see it. I see Baker Mayfield as his CEILING.

I know. I just don?t see Willis being able to effectively run an NFL offense. Would he make some big plays?.absolutely. But when a defense does a good job of keeping him in the pocket does he have the skill set to get to a 2nd, 3rd or 4th read and keep the ball moving down the field?

I just don?t see it. I see Baker Mayfield as his CEILING.

I have never seen the kid take a snap. All I know is most of what I read indicates that this class of QBs isn't very good, so why take one at 2?

I have never seen the kid take a snap. All I know is most of what I read indicates that this class of QBs isn't very good, so why take one at 2?

I wouldnt be happy with Travon Walker or Willis. We have like 3 travon Walkers on our team already....hes a Romeo Okwara clone. We need a true edge rusher like KT if we're picking an edge.

I wouldnt be happy with Travon Walker or Willis. We have like 3 travon Walkers on our team already....hes a Romeo Okwara clone. We need a true edge rusher like KT if we're picking an edge.

Harris is more speed and bend. Okwara is power

KT is some power with speed and bend. I hope we take KT but it's not a slam dunk that we do

Picking a project at 2 would be awful lol. Dude couldn?t even dominate future McDonald?s employees. Would say Drs. And lawyers but he played in the SEC. I think it?s just ESPN types trying to give different teams better players while giving us the scraps. Would rather have Kyle Hamilton over some bum DE that rarely played. ACTUALLY if there?s another defensive end who I would take I would rather take Jermaine Johnson. Just as much as a freak athlete, had a great season and dominated senior bowl workouts.

If we take Willis he'll suck or get a major injury 2 of 4 years

If we pass on him, he'll be a good QB and Lions fan will bitch about it in hindsight about why Holmes was so dumb not take him, forgetting they didn't want him in the first place

Terrible start of the weekend. Never wanted to see him in a Lions uniform again.

God. Damn. It.

Super athletic. No awareness. Takes bad angles. Can't cover.

Hopefully he'll just be a training camp body. If he is one of our 5 best LB's after the draft, remaining free agency and pre-season games....I'll be disappointed.

Back