Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Tigers MLB Draft Jace Jung Top Pick and Draft 3rd in the 2023 Lottery Draft

Now the thread is unfuckingstickied so it is easier for you guys that are here every day and have trouble looking too close to the top stickied Tigers threads and all time Tigers threads.

The Tigers traded their pick in the Competitive Balance Round B (No. 71 overall), packaged with infielder Isaac Paredes to acquire outfielder Austin Meadows from the Tampa Bay Rays in April. The Tigers also forfeited their third-round pick when they signed left-hander Eduardo Rodriguez, who has been away from the team and on the restricted list since June 13, in November 2021.

The next pick for the Tigers is No. 117 overall in the fourth round.

:mad:

Hope these kids work out, but I have almost zero interest in the draft because of who?s making the picks. Such a bummer.

Two questions for people who follow this team more closely:
- Has the organization shown any improvement in developing talent in recent years?
- Does the front office care about analytics yet?

If the answer to both is ?no?, then I can?t help but feel this team is doomed for at least another decade.

Hope these kids work out, but I have almost zero interest in the draft because of who?s making the picks. Such a bummer.

Two questions for people who follow this team more closely:
- Has the organization shown any improvement in developing talent in recent years?
- Does the front office care about analytics yet?

If the answer to both is ?no?, then I can?t help but feel this team is doomed for at least another decade.

I heard Al was going to get into analytics a couple years ago but not sure if we ever did.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2022/7...-2022-detroit-tigers-luke-gold-boston-college
Detroit Tigers select INF Luke Gold with 147 pick in 2022 MLB Draft.
The Tigers continue to prioritize hitters over well rounded types, and that?s probably a good idea.
BYBTB

The obvious calling card with Gold is his ability to crush the ball. When a pitcher makes a mistake, Gold is liable to punish them without mercy. During his time at Boston College, he hit for a career .303/.374/.540 line, walking nearly as often as he struck out during his junior season. FanGraphs grades his raw power as plus, noting that he?s able to drive the ball to the pull side and praising his pitch selection. Importantly, his power is derived from bat speed ? not muscularity ? meaning it?s projectable to the pro game, unlike some college mashers.

?Gold presents one of the better bats in the 2022 class. There?s average. There?s power. There?s discipline and bat-to-ball. He does everything at the plate quite well,? wrote Prospects Live.

https://www.stitcher.com/show/locke...cer-torkelson-is-optioned-to-toledo-204958322
Locked On Detroit Tigers Podcast: Jace Jung is a Detroit Tiger and Spencer Torkelson is Optioned to Toledo. 42 minutes.

Today we discuss a lot as the Tigers drop two more games to the Cleveland Guardians, Spencer Torkelson is optioned to AAA Toledo, and Jace Jung and Peyton Graham are drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the MLB Draft.

Back