Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 Off Season

tomdalton22

With the draft this Thursday, I figured we could start an off season thread. As of now, the Pistons have the #5 and the #31 picks. Heard some rumors that they may move the #5 for 9 & 16.

NBA is crazy when you can turn down 40m options because you know you'll get more or a long deal.

NBA is crazy when you can turn down 40m options because you know you'll get more or a long deal.

I saw that. What shocked me even more was that he was making that kind of money. I can't imagine he will get even remotely close to that. Maybe he has a handshake deal with the Bucks to sign a longer contract with less money per year? He really isn't very good and he's 31. On the open market...he might get $20M per year tops ???

I saw that. What shocked me even more was that he was making that kind of money. I can't imagine he will get even remotely close to that. Maybe he has a handshake deal with the Bucks to sign a longer contract with less money per year? He really isn't very good and he's 31. On the open market...he might get $20M per year tops ???
We had him at one time.. Traded for Jennings who was gone pretty quickly. Funny that Jennings was better before Detroit and Middleton was better after he left.

We had him at one time.. Traded for Jennings who was gone pretty quickly. Funny that Jennings was better before Detroit and Middleton was better after he left.

at the time I thought it was a decent trade. Just goes to show you that even a 2nd round pick can end up being a decent NBA player.

I'd see if I could put a package together to somehow get Zion.

I know all the red flags. I get it. But it is very realistically the best shot the Pistons have at landing a Superstar any time soon. Even one that might come with all the baggage, injury concerns and weight issues that Zion does.

Can you imagine a starting 5 that includes CC, Ivey, Zion and Duren? That's a quartet that is ALL under 22. Add a 3 and D swing man and if healthy, that's a playoff team.

Last edited:
I'd see if I could put a package together to somehow get Zion.

I know all the red flags. I get it. But it is very realistically the best shot the Pistons have at landing a Superstar any time soon. Even one that might come with all the baggage, injury concerns and weight issues that Zion does.

Can you imagine a starting 5 that includes CC, Ivey, Zion and Duren? That's a quartet that is ALL under 22. Add a 3 and D swing man and if healthy, that's a playoff team.
Averages less than 30 games a year. Too risky..

Averages less than 30 games a year. Too risky..

I agree. It probably is.

But is there another way to get a superstar to Detroit? IF/when healthy.....he is a legit MVP candidate that can take over games.

Or, we take a chance that the guy we pick at 5 is going to be that final piece.

It's a giant risk either way.

I agree. It probably is.

But is there another way to get a superstar to Detroit? IF/when healthy.....he is a legit MVP candidate that can take over games.

Or, we take a chance that the guy we pick at 5 is going to be that final piece.

It's a giant risk either way.
How much would it cost to trade for him?

Big tall guy barely 200lbs. I just see injuries happening to him.

Agreed. He just looks like a guy that if he gets bumped just a little at the wrong time.....one of those knees is going to snap.

But he's also the guy I would want at #1 if the Pistons were on the clock so......

Big tall guy barely 200lbs. I just see injuries happening to him.

That was my biggest worry about him when the Pistons still had a chance at #1.

That said, he?ll probably be Mr. Ironman on the Spurs lol.

Scoot goes 3. Big 3 gone as expected, prefer the Pistons trade back if they can.

Back