Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 Off Season

like I said, he's a "star" like Harden and Westbrook. They put up stats but aren't winners. He's a scoring PG that doesn't make players around him any better. So he can make threes from the logo...awesome!
Everyone needs help. Lebron needed help and I'm not sure he makes anyone better. Mike needed help, Shaq needed help. Or maybe Shaq wasn't a Superstar in Orlando because they weren't winning. Charles Barkley, bum lol..

Everyone needs help. Lebron needed help and I'm not sure he makes anyone better. Mike needed help, Shaq needed help. Or maybe Shaq wasn't a Superstar in Orlando because they weren't winning. Charles Barkley, bum lol..

My guess is Lebron, Barkley, and Shaq never had two players on their teams that averaged 20+ points per game...let alone 2 that averaged 20+ and missed the playoffs.

Like I said...he is Westbrook and Harden. Everyone considers those guys stars but they were just scorers that don't win.

I hear Miami said don't take Butler and another guy but rest are available for Dame. Portland might want a 1st but Miami is short on those.. But I hear other teams have more and might want to trade and Dame really doesn't have a choice.

Last edited:
My guess is Lebron, Barkley, and Shaq never had two players on their teams that averaged 20+ points per game...let alone 2 that averaged 20+ and missed the playoffs.

Like I said...he is Westbrook and Harden. Everyone considers those guys stars but they were just scorers that don't win.

Like I said, you don?t watch the Blazers, you?re judging the weak roster based on ESPN stats.

Jordan, Shaq and Barkley didn?t play in an era where over 40 players in the league averaged 20z. Putting up 20 today isn?t shit.

Fun fact on Dame - 2018 when he lead the Blazers to the WCF(w no other All Star), 8/12 players on that roster were out the league by 2022. But he?s just a logo 3 shooter lol

I hear Miami said don't take Butler and another guy but rest are available for Dame. Portland might want a 1st but Miami is short on those.. But I hear other teams have more and might want to trade and Dame really doesn't have a choice.

He?s going to Miami. It?s the same song and dance when a super star requests a trade. They say where they want to go, GM comes out and says we?re exploring all options and will do what?s best for the team. Days, weeks, sometimes months later, the star gets moved to the team of his choice. The exception was the Spurs with kawaii.

Like I said, you don?t watch the Blazers, you?re judging the weak roster based on ESPN stats.

Jordan, Shaq and Barkley didn?t play in an era where over 40 players in the league averaged 20z. Putting up 20 today isn?t shit.

Fun fact on Dame - 2018 when he lead the Blazers to the WCF(w no other All Star), 8/12 players on that roster were out the league by 2022. But he?s just a logo 3 shooter lol

I didn't say he wasn't a good scorer. He's just like Westbrook and Harden. Good scoring PGs that aren't winners. Just stat mongers.

In 2014-'15 they only had 15 20 point scorers. In 2015-16 they only had 20. They had 20+ in 1990+. It was only recently the amount went way up. And nowadays the defense blows.. I suppose 20 by itself doesn't mean much but that 40 is just inflated. Its almost like watching the WNBA at times.. play some D and no way they have 40 guys averaging 20. Dames a stud.

I agree that nobody plays defense which makes it easier to score in todays game. That doesn't change the fact that Dame is just a really good scoring PG, like Harden and Westbrook. Great scorers but don't make anybody better.

Livers out for 6-8 weeks. Not real news, but I was sick of looking at the Kobe Bryant thread on the home page.

2 games into the pre season and they are 1-1. I am very interested to see how some of these young guys develop. Bogdanovic and Cunningham both sat for game #2. Wiseman, Hayes, Umude, and Sasser all had good games. I don't know anything about Umude, but he went 4-5 from three last night. He hit 38.5% from three in the G league last year. Anybody know if this kid has any potential to be a contributor?

I really don't like the bigs on this team. Last night it was more of the same from Stewart. He went 0-7 from three.

At least from preseason this team cannot shoot. One game maybe but consistency no. If they win 25 games I'd be hugely surprised.

At least from preseason this team cannot shoot. One game maybe but consistency no. If they win 25 games I'd be hugely surprised.

I agree. They only have one guy that can shoot and he is an old white guy that really has no place on the future of this team. None of their "core" players can shoot.

I really hope they trade Bog. I want Thompson to be the starting SF.

Back