Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Am I wrong to want Harbaugh gone at this point?

No. 22 class in 18, No. 14 class in 20. Right now they're No. 9 for 21 but there's still a lot of uncommitted recruits, most of them are trending towards other schools. The rankings are misleading because the top 3 schools' classes are loaded and there's a major dropoff once you get to 4 or 5. When I say that recruiting has dropped off, I'm not just talking about overall rankings. I'm referring to the fact that certain positions have been neglected, like CB, and some haven't necessarily been neglected but they've whiffed on their top targets and had to settle like OL. They've also sold out on the "speed in space" and started recruiting for that and haven't gone after NFL type receivers, or at least haven't hit on them.

The sad part is, if I'm a receiver with NFL aspirations, I'm not picking Michigan. Given that they turned DPJ, who was the no. 9 overall recruit, into a 6th rounder I wouldn't have much confidence in them either. And as much as I understand a lot of that had to do with the QB situation, that's clearly a factor for WR recruits. I just think that he's already peaked and it's time to move on.

I agree that it's time to move on, but I think you're trying to imply there is a lack of talent on the team due to poor recruiting. Michigan put like 10 people into the NFL and at least 3 more could have left early. There is no lack of talent on this team and they are still recruiting much better than MSU. They should have been a much better team with all of that NFL talent.

They definitely aren't putting any QB's in the NFL, though. That is definitely an issue.

Last edited:
I figure that Harbaugh will get an extension or leave after this season. Makes no sense to coach year seven without an extension.

I agree that it's time to move on, but I think you're trying to imply there is a lack of talent on the team due to poor recruiting. Michigan put like 10 people into the NFL and at least 3 more could have left early. There is no lack of talent on this team and they are still recruiting much better than MSU. They should have been a much better team with all of that NFL talent.

They definitely aren't putting any QB's in the NFL, though. That is definitely an issue.

I'm not saying that there isn't talent, I'm saying that the gap in talent between Michigan and the elites is getting wider. They put 10 guys in the NFL but only 1 in the first round. Compare that to OSU with 3 first rounders, including 2nd and 3rd overall, and Alabama with 4 first round selections and it's not difficult to see that there is a gap in talent.

I read an article that claimed that of the 22 current 2021 commits for Michigan there is only 1 that would be a take for OSU. I think that was 11 Warriors, so consider the source. I'm sure there are other considerations in the equation like numbers at certain positions etc, and I struggle to find 10 guys that any school would say no to, let alone 21, but there is something to be said about the fact that Michigan is signing 6-8 4 stars and 10-15 3 stars whereas those numbers are flipped for OSU and Bama.

I'll put it this way. Michigan's starters SHOULD be able to match up with any team in the country. OSU, Bama and Clemson are at least 2 deep at most positions. To your point, the development, game plans, in-game adjustments and play calling are all issues that are compounding the talent gap. And when the recruits start seeing that the recruiting is only going to get worse.

Well results speak for themselves.
2-10 verses AP top 10.
1-4 in bowl games
0-6 verses Osu
3-3 verses Msu (all home losses I think) .

Losses at Iowa
Losses at Psu
Losses at Wisconsin
I?m sure I am misssing something.

Yes you are.

RichRod - didn?t win dick
Hoke 1st year - good, probably lucky. Happy happy, joy joy
After 1st year - didn?t win dick.

I know, right?

That Hoyle was a hellova coach - remember that speech he gave after he talked to the dying Ronald Reagan in the hospital?

I wonder if he?s available.

Something about winning this game being in the cards. And "let's roll the dice" for once.

Back