Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Am I wrong to want Harbaugh gone at this point?

I know, right?

Seriously, listen to the podcast you convinced me to look up on the Eleven Warriors podcast I posted on post # 42 - she is literally talking about getting tattoos on various parts of her body were her husband to win another NC.

WHAT IS IT ABOUT THOSE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THEIR FREAKIN’ TATTOOS?

Its all about the trade-in for gold pants, brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will get a UM tattooed to a body part if Urban every came to Michigan. It will not happen.

I will get a UM tattooed to a body part if Urban every came to Michigan. It will not happen.

I agree with you, it won?t happen.

But if it does - and M wins the NC - I?m coming to GR and going with you to any tattoo parlor you want and pay for our tats.

And when we arrive, I?m going to let you point to whatever part of my body you want - below the neck, of course - and tell the artist ?put his tattoo there!?

I think it?s a weird season to consider such a drastic change.

And it?s way too early to decide the team isn?t getting any better after one crappy game.

How long ago was it that there wasn?t even going to be a season at all?

A month?

Six weeks?

But it?s weirdly perfect because Harbaugh doesn?t have a contact. We could just let it end. No buyout. Just move on. I don?t know who?d we get but I?m really tired of watching this same thing happen over and over. Harbaugh turned the team around but hasn?t done anything since. Mel Tucker is in game two and after losing to Rutgers, did something Harbaugh hasn?t done at Michigan; won a game he wasn?t favored to win. In 6 years Harbaugh hasn?t won a game he wasn?t supposed to. And that?s ultimately where I?m just kinda done.

Somehow other coaches find a way to get more out of their players. They play above their natural ability. For some reason Michigan coaches don?t do that. Their players under perform continually...

We have yet to see the Harbaugh that beat Pete Carrol

I'm pretty conflicted. I supported Harbaugh through most things but I'm struggling to support what I just saw on the field against a Sparty team that just lost to Rutgers. I just can accept we have a QB in year six that still can't throw. An offensive line that still can't block. Running backs that show promise but never do anything. IDK, from all the top 10 recruiting classes and consistency in coaching you'd think we'd be better but there's always a peak we can't overcome. We've never looked anything remotely like OSU most years, and seem to have a game like this every single year (last year it was Army). I'm kinda tired of it. I just don't know who'd replace him and do better.

Nope. You're not wrong. That game did it for me. They got another 100 yards in penalties. Standing around clapping and weighting for the playclock to get to 2 every single play. Wow! Could've used that time at the end of the game, right? That totally disrupts any flow to the game and tells the defense exactly when you're going to snap the football, because you have to.

You don't know who they would get? Does it matter anymore? MSU just went out and got Mel Tucker and he just outcoached Harbaugh. Mel Tucker!

I think it?s a weird season to consider such a drastic change.

And it?s way too early to decide the team isn?t getting any better after one crappy game.

How long ago was it that there wasn?t even going to be a season at all?

A month?

Six weeks?

IF it was just this season, I might agree with you. Good thing we have more material than just this season.

I got destroyed for having the audacity to suggest that it was time to move on from Harbaugh. If the only defense of Harbaugh is "it could always be worse, remember hoke/rod" that's not good enough. Michigan is a program that expects to be elite. Keeping Jim means that they're accepting above-average. Yes, the teams are better now than they were under Hoke and Rich Rod. But the recruiting is going down hill and they still aren't competing for conference titles, let alone playoff spots or national titles. They still lose to teams that they should beat and struggle with teams they should blow out. Don Brown appears to have his job regardless of his performance, which has been abysmal against OSU.

Look at Texas. They're not back, but they're also not accepting mediocrity or beholden to a coach that is mediocre. I'd much rather see Michigan trying to win a championship and falling flat on their face than accepting that a 10 win season half of the time is good enough even if you're never beating your rival or competing for a title.

That said, I do think that this season is a development season with how young the team is. But if the opportunity to hire someone like Luke Fickell is there, I would be willing to move on. If there's not a quality coach available then I'd be fine with waiting. There have been a lot of positives in 2 games. There were a lot of negatives today. I DO NOT think that they should retain Don Brown. His approach is outdated and his inability to adapt to the talent he has is not going to help the team get closer to the goal of winning championships.

I agree with some of the stuff you put here, but his recruiting is not going downhill. Harbaugh brings in a top 10 class pretty much every single season and still loses to mediocre teams and puts a mediocre team out on the field. OK OK, maybe they are slightly above mediocre. It would be one thing if he weren't putting a top 10 class out there every year, but he is. These players should be better and they are not. They looked like they just didn't even care to be out there. No motivation whatsoever.

and the penalties! Ugh. That is right out of Hoke's playbook. We just need Harbaugh to start clapping his hands.

Last edited:
Well I think Tressel is dirtier then Urban. But sadly nothing sticks to those slimy Osu coaches. Tressel was dirty at Youngstown state. There has to be a young Innovated coach out there somewhere. Hell roll the dice and offer Kansas City Chiefs offense Eric M. Bieniemy Jr. boat load of money. As of right now I really don’t give a rip. The team needs a new defense coordinator that knows what he is doing. That Jim can’t see that Brown’s system is outdated is just another knock against his coaching..

Btw. Jim and Michigan are going to get roasted all week on every radio and tv show possible. The dumbass just gave a Msu a life line that they desperately wanted after losing to Rutgers. He needs to be replace. No other top program nationally would put up with such Mediocre Results.

Last edited:
Well I think Tressel is dirtier then Urban. But sadly nothing sticks to those slimy Osu coaches. Tressel was dirty at Youngstown state. There has to be a young Innovated coach out there somewhere. Hell roll the dice and offer Kansas City Chiefs offense Eric M. Bieniemy Jr. boat load of money. As of right now I really don?t give a rip. The team needs a new defense coordinator that knows what he is doing. That Jim can?t see that Brown?s system is outdated is just another knock against his coaching..

Btw. Jim and Michigan are going to get roasted all week on every radio and tv show possible. The dumbass just gave a Msu a life line that they desperately wanted after losing to Rutgers. He needs to be replace. No other top program nationally would put up with such Mediocre Results.

Really?

I hadn?t noticed.

Michigan is a lightening rod. People love M, and people love to hate?M.

Well I think Tressel is dirtier then Urban. But sadly nothing sticks to those slimy Osu coaches. Tressel was dirty at Youngstown state. There has to be a young Innovated coach out there somewhere. Hell roll the dice and offer Kansas City Chiefs offense Eric M. Bieniemy Jr. boat load of money. As of right now I really don?t give a rip. The team needs a new defense coordinator that knows what he is doing. That Jim can?t see that Brown?s system is outdated is just another knock against his coaching..

Agree Jim Tressel's program was dirty, maybe more dirty than Urban. But people are saying they don't care, any means necessary. So, why not go dirty? I don't want either of them.

Really?

I hadn?t noticed.

Michigan is a lightening rod. People love M, and people love to hate?M.

Well results speak for themselves.
2-10 verses AP top 10.
1-4 in bowl games
0-6 verses Osu
3-3 verses Msu (all home losses I think) .

Losses at Iowa
Losses at Psu
Losses at Wisconsin
I?m sure I am misssing something.

Agree Jim Tressel's program was dirty, maybe more dirty than Urban. But people are saying they don't care, any means necessary. So, why not go dirty? I don't want either of them.

Me neither. I?d take Urban over Rat Tressel but that is just me. Man I just can?t believe how bad Don Brown is.

To the detractors external: I guess that Michigan appears to be worth their attention. The internal fractioning is another matter altogether. Shuffling coaches when things don’t go according to Hoyle is the sign of an unstable program. JH should finish his contract and then we can talk about who the next, great coach will be who will fulfill our every fanciful desire to be a fan of a conference and national champion, since that seems to be the only reason why we are fans; to vicariously participate in the success of Michigan Football.

Last edited:
To the detractors external: I guess that Michigan appears to be worth their attention. The internal fractioning is another matter altogether. Shuffling coaches when things don?t go according to Hoyle is the sign of an unstable program. JH should finish his contract and then we can talk about who the next, great coach will be who will fulfill our every fanciful desire to be a fan of a conference and national champion, since that seems to be the only reason why we are fans; to vicariously participate in the success of Michigan Football.

I know, right?

That Hoyle was a hellova coach - remember that speech he gave after he talked to the dying Ronald Reagan in the hospital?

I wonder if he?s available.

I agree with some of the stuff you put here, but his recruiting is not going downhill. Harbaugh brings in a top 10 class pretty much every single season and still loses to mediocre teams and puts a mediocre team out on the field. OK OK, maybe they are slightly above mediocre. It would be one thing if he weren't putting a top 10 class out there every year, but he is. These players should be better and they are not. They looked like they just didn't even care to be out there. No motivation whatsoever.

and the penalties! Ugh. That is right out of Hoke's playbook. We just need Harbaugh to start clapping his hands.

No. 22 class in 18, No. 14 class in 20. Right now they're No. 9 for 21 but there's still a lot of uncommitted recruits, most of them are trending towards other schools. The rankings are misleading because the top 3 schools' classes are loaded and there's a major dropoff once you get to 4 or 5. When I say that recruiting has dropped off, I'm not just talking about overall rankings. I'm referring to the fact that certain positions have been neglected, like CB, and some haven't necessarily been neglected but they've whiffed on their top targets and had to settle like OL. They've also sold out on the "speed in space" and started recruiting for that and haven't gone after NFL type receivers, or at least haven't hit on them.

The sad part is, if I'm a receiver with NFL aspirations, I'm not picking Michigan. Given that they turned DPJ, who was the no. 9 overall recruit, into a 6th rounder I wouldn't have much confidence in them either. And as much as I understand a lot of that had to do with the QB situation, that's clearly a factor for WR recruits. I just think that he's already peaked and it's time to move on.

Back