Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ann Arbor Again Ranked as Best Place to Live in the US

I will go with Boulder, CO. So many white people from so many different Midwest states, driving all different colors of Teslas.

"There is also a thriving LGBTQ community and annual Pride weekend"

This is something most families are looking for?

If you want to hate people because of their gender issues or sexual preferences, there are plenty of other places to live.

If you want to hate people because of their gender issues or sexual preferences, there are plenty of other places to live.

I don't hate anybody. I was just wondering if that was something most families are looking for.

I don't hate anybody. I was just wondering if that was something most families are looking for.

Ha. Well, I think many families consider more diversity a benefit, but whether it's most, I don't know. I guess enough do to bump it up in the rankings.

Random aside, but I remember on the old espn.com boards, Ohio State posters would claim Ann Arbor was like some decadent Sodom compared to good old-fashioned American values that Ohio State supposedly stood for. A few years back, I worked with a bunch of attys that had worked for a company in Columbus, and I remember them telling me they saw more crazy gay-pride antics and related public nudity in Columbus than they had even seen living in San Fran or LA.

So I guess Ohio State/Columbus, OH aren't THAT old fashioned...

If you don't celebrate them, you hate them. That's how it works. If you prefer people keep their personal lives private, then you're a "phobe" of some sort - unless your hatred is directed toward people with conservative political views.

Other than having one of the worst stadiums to watch a football game, Ann Arbor isn't bad for a small town. Those diversity scores don't look particularly impressive though - barely half and less than a third of the national rate for black and hispanics, respectively. Looks like they've got some work to do for people who value diversity for diversity sake.

Last edited:

Like MichChamp said in #8, there are pride events everywhere. I don?t know any places where attendance is mandatory, I would imagine it isn?t mandatory in Ann Arbor. If you don?t want to take your kids to pride events, you don?t have to.

Like MichChamp said in #8, there are pride events everywhere. I don?t know any places where attendance is mandatory, I would imagine it isn?t mandatory in Ann Arbor. If you don?t want to take your kids to pride events, you don?t have to.

I also pointed out that Columbus is way gayer and more debauched than Ohio State Republitards want to admit.

I also pointed out that Columbus is way gayer and more debauched than Ohio State Republitards want to admit.

Yeah there?s no Buckeyes to razz about how gay Columbus is.

Maybe our friend Tom Dalton 22 routes for the buckeyes.

I think he follows Detroit professional sports though, more than he cares about college sports.

But you?re right Columbus is gay as hell.

EDIT: Damn.

Columbus has gay bars coming out the butt.

Last edited:

Columbus is just like every other "big city" in our country...mostly liberal and led by democrats. I think every big city in Ohio has a D Mayor.

If I were to choose between AA or Columbus, I would definitely choose AA. Columbus is too big for my liking. The traffic sucks.

Columbus is just like every other "big city" in our country...mostly liberal and led by democrats. I think every big city in Ohio has a D Mayor.

If I were to choose between AA or Columbus, I would definitely choose AA. Columbus is too big for my liking. The traffic sucks.

I know, right?

In big ol? lib Columbus they love the gays, just the way the gays love Judy Garland, Madonna and Wonder Woman.

@2:53

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ujteUyEmxA

Columbus is a place where gay Cowboys can go and feel safe to express themselves.

Here?s a taste of pride in good ol? CBus.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cVHLzKgrrHM

Last edited:
I know, right?

In big ol? lib Columbus they love the gays, just the way the gays love Judy Garland, Madonna and Wonder Woman.

I've been to a Madonna concert (not really by choice, but I went) and you're right about that - they freakin' love her. Can't say I agree with their choice there but I concur whole-heartedly on the Wonder Woman thing - I'm a big fan. I met my wife at a Halloween party - probably because she was dressed as Wonder Woman.

I've been to a Madonna concert (not really by choice, but I went) and you're right about that - they freakin' love her. Can't say I agree with their choice there but I concur whole-heartedly on the Wonder Woman thing - I'm a big fan. I met my wife at a Halloween party - probably because she was dressed as Wonder Woman.

Nice, right?

A person can be not gay and love Wonder Woman.

I love, love Gal Godot as Wonder Woman.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3X1kxF5Q1s

I knew the guy in the article I linked to about Madonna, Christoper Flynn. I shared the stage with him in a production of ?On Flew Over the Cuckoo?s Nest.? We had a friendly, respectful association, and weird - we never got to talkin? about each other?s preferences and private lives.

Who would?o thunk?

Last edited:
If you don't celebrate them, you hate them. That's how it works. If you prefer people keep their personal lives private, then you're a "phobe" of some sort - unless your hatred is directed toward people with conservative political views.

Other than having one of the worst stadiums to watch a football game, Ann Arbor isn't bad for a small town. Those diversity scores don't look particularly impressive though - barely half and less than a third of the national rate for black and hispanics, respectively. Looks like they've got some work to do for people who value diversity for diversity sake.

Yeah, I imagine you can pretty much get a seat anywhere you want in Spartan Stadium these days.

Yeah, I imagine you can pretty much get a seat anywhere you want in Spartan Stadium these days.

It?s not about whether or not you can get a seat that makes a stadium great. It?s whether or not the stadium is a good place to watch a game, easy to get in and out of, easy access to good facilities, etc. In virtually every aspect Michigan stadium sucks - oh except size, it?s pretty big, which of course just means there are that many more shitty seats. Any objective observer will tell you Spartan stadium is a much better place for watching football than that dump. And it?s not the size that makes it crap, every 100k+ stadium I?ve been to is noticeably superior to Michigan stadium.

Last edited:
It?s not about whether or not you can get a seat that makes a stadium great. It?s whether or not the stadium is a good place to watch a game, easy to get in and out of, easy access to good facilities, etc. In virtually every aspect Michigan stadium sucks - oh except size, it?s pretty big, which of course just means there are that many more shitty seats. Any objective observer will tell you Spartan stadium is a much better place for watching football than that dump. And it?s not the size that makes it crap, every 100k+ stadium I?ve been to is noticeably superior to Michigan stadium.

Just make sure your "objective observer" isn't one of the millions of fans that like going to Michigan games...

Just make sure your "objective observer" isn't one of the millions of fans that like going to Michigan games...

yeah, good point. You can't rely on delusional sycophants to be objective, like the millions of people who buy Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, K Pop, One Direction, etc albums and go to their concerts (although hopefully not at stadiums as lousy as uofm's)...

But in the case of uofm, is it really millions of fans? Aren't most of the attendees season ticket holders? Even if there were unique attendees to every game in a season, that's fewer than 850k in a season. Millions sounds like a bit of an exaggeration. Also, it is possible to still have a good time despite the fact that the stadium itself is crappy. There's a lot more to a college football Saturday than a massively overrated stadium.

Last edited:
Back