Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Avilia Clutch Factor

michiganct

Is it me or does it seem like Avila isn't that clutch. If there are 2 outs or 2 strikes on him, he's basically worthless.

Seems like he gets a lot of big hits when the Tigers really don't need it....

Avila has had a ton of huge hits this year. I believe you are just looking for something to complain about, and decided to base your statement on about 10 ABs that you have recently seen.

You are correct about struggling with 2 outs and 2 strikes. With 2 outs and runners in scoring position he hits .233. With 2 strikes on him he hits .225 and under depending on the count (0-2, 1-2, 2-2 or 3-2).

michiganct said:
Is it me or does it seem like Avila isn't that clutch. If there are 2 outs or 2 strikes on him, he's basically worthless.

I was going to ridicule this post then I saw it was from you. Same ol. same ol.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
michiganct said:

I was going to ridicule this post then I saw it was from you. Same ol. same ol.

Am I wrong? What does WAR say about clutchness? I know that with 2 strikes or two outs..he's worthless. I remember a lot of times, he'll hit a double with nobody on.....

I'm not saying he's never won a game or had a clutch at bat, but it doesn't seem like very often.

michiganct said:

donaldtrumpyourefired.jpg

You know what the average is with 2 strikes, like under. 200.

michiganct said:
SLICK said:
How do you get a "big hit " when your club doesn't need it.

grand slam home run in the top of 9th when winning 19-0?

how's that a "big hit " ?

I define a big hit as a 2 out single to drive a guy in late in the game to take the lead or win a ballgame.

but if you define a "big hit" as padding stats....

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]You know what the average is with 2 strikes, like under. 200.

I understand that...but what about 3-2, 2-2....What about runnings in scoring position with 2 outs.....

anybody know where you can find late game stats like averae after 7th inning in a close game?

michiganct said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]You know what the average is with 2 strikes, like under. 200.

I understand that...but what about 3-2, 2-2....What about runnings in scoring position with 2 outs.....

anybody know where you can find late game stats like averae after 7th inning in a close game?

With RiSP 2 outs, .370 OBP.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]And to add to it, runners on a .400 plus OBP.

Runners on doesn't mean its a clutch situation..yesterday, he had runners on

Back