Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Avilia Clutch Factor

my god this guy is annoying as fuck. STFU already, you sound like you are arguing just to piss people off

fantasyfirstaid said:
tonyballs said:
Who gives a fuck if he isn't "clutch"? The guy has exceeded expectations 10-fold this year. Everytime he comes up to the plate, i feel comfortable that he's going to either have a good AB or even get a hit. That's "clutch" in my eyes. The numbers Avila have put up this year are phenomenal compared to what we thought he was going to produce. So, stop with the "clutch" talk because it's moronic...it really is.

As an outside observer, it sounds like you give a fuck? Why else would you post on Michigan's post? All he said, was that Avila wasn't clutch, which seems like a viable comment. I don't think he was discounting that Avila sucked or anything. He made a comment that was basically not false and other folks jumped on him like he thought Avila was the devil. If you don't want to argue with him...why do you respond to him?

Some Mod check this guys IP and see if it's the same as Chica's.

the alternative is we might have 2 total idiots now.

MI_Thumb said:
fantasyfirstaid said:
As an outside observer, it sounds like you give a fuck? Why else would you post on Michigan's post? All he said, was that Avila wasn't clutch, which seems like a viable comment. I don't think he was discounting that Avila sucked or anything. He made a comment that was basically not false and other folks jumped on him like he thought Avila was the devil. If you don't want to argue with him...why do you respond to him?

No it isn't.

fantasyfirstaid said:
[quote author=tonyballs board=tigertalk thread=1194 post=31910 time=1315719288]

Who gives a fuck if he isn't "clutch"? The guy has exceeded expectations 10-fold this year. Everytime he comes up to the plate, i feel comfortable that he's going to either have a good AB or even get a hit. That's "clutch" in my eyes. The numbers Avila have put up this year are phenomenal compared to what we thought he was going to produce. So, stop with the "clutch" talk because it's moronic...it really is.

Tony does as he pleases....I gave him carte blanche on here.

fantasyfirstaid said:
tonyballs said:

C'mon, Curtis....really??? Get ahold of yourself, kid....please.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":l5n3zqsn]

No it isn't.[/quote:l5n3zqsn]

Yes, it is.

Just pulled out my ban hammer. Work ip and home ip - buh buh banned!

This is the crux of the matter.

1. Clutch = Basically WPA - WPA/LI

2. WPA = "Most sabermetric statistics are context neutral, meaning they disregard the fact that during the course of a game some plays are more crucial than others. While wOBA rates all home runs as equal, we know intuitively that a home run in the third inning of a blowout is less important than a home run in the bottom of the ninth inning of a close game. Win Probability Added (WPA) captures this difference by measuring how individual players affect their team

I'm always excited when I see that Rebbiv has posted. I have always been very interested in stats and numbers in sports, and I know that Rebbiv will have some sweet stats, and he will explain it very well.

jmakula87 said:
I'm always excited when I see that Rebbiv has posted. I have always been very interested in stats and numbers in sports, and I know that Rebbiv will have some sweet stats, and he will explain it very well.

wipe your chin.....

Guy was pretty fuckin clutch today.....PH 2-run HR in the 9th.....wasn't he Chica......you dumb fuckin moron.

You need to start a "we have no shot at a World Series title" thread....because everything you say the exact opposite is true.

SLICK said:
jmakula87 said:

wipe your chin.....

Sorry?

And Avila is a machineeeeee!!!

If that's what not being clutch looks like, Avila should continue it.

Back