Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Avilia Clutch Factor

michiganct said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]And to add to it, runners on a .400 plus OBP.

Runners on doesn't mean its a clutch situation..yesterday, he had runners on

Sure helps. More guys on means others are getting chances to drive runners in.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
michiganct said:
I understand that...but what about 3-2, 2-2....What about runnings in scoring position with 2 outs.....

anybody know where you can find late game stats like averae after 7th inning in a close game?

With RiSP 2 outs, .370 OBP.

you mean .637 OPS?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
michiganct said:
Runners on doesn't mean its a clutch situation..yesterday, he had runners on

Sure helps. More guys on means others are getting chances to drive runners in.

Nope.. bases loaded with a 19-0 lead isn't a clutch situation

michiganct said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]You know what the average is with 2 strikes, like under. 200.

I understand that...but what about 3-2, 2-2....What about runnings in scoring position with 2 outs.....

anybody know where you can find late game stats like averae after 7th inning in a close game?

In late and close situations Avila has a .958 OPS.

Of course, the sample is too small for any of these numbers, so only an ignorant person would look at them as if they hold only value whatsoever.

Let's come back to these numbers in 5 years or so when we will actually be able to draw some conclusions from them.

mjsb2 said:
michiganct said:

MLB dot come says he has a .311 average and a 1.105 OPS in late/close situations.

manchild98 said:
mjsb2 said:

MLB dot come says he has a .311 average and a 1.105 OPS in late/close situations.

Must have a different definition than B-Ref.

Either way, both dismiss chico's point.

mjsb2 said:
manchild98 said:

Must have a different definition than B-Ref.

Either way, both dismiss chico's point.

If that's the case, I'll admit I'm wrong. Can you link that for me? I love crap like that.

So basically he does well in late game clutch situations but he does hit for a very poor average overall with 2 outs and runners in scoring position or with 2 strikes on him.

manchild98 said:
So basically he does well in late game clutch situations but he does hit for a very poor average overall with 2 outs and runners in scoring position or with 2 strikes on him.

He's above average with two strikes. So that's not a mark against him.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
manchild98 said:

According to the ESPN splits his best batting average is .225 depending on the 2 strike count.

Who gives a fuck? He's the god damn catcher! Aren't many catchers out there that have numbers like him. If you have a catcher thats hitting like he has, you have a huge offensive advantage. Stop complaining for fuck's sake! We could have a certain catcher from the past couple years that struggles to stay over .200.

manchild98 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

According to the ESPN splits his best batting average is .225 depending on the 2 strike count.

What's the league average. That's what I meant.

Back