Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Basketball Rooting Guide

thewolverines24

Since our team shit their pants, shit the bed, clogged a toilet and flooded an entire house with shit yesterday, here's this.

Rooting guide today:

11:30 Illinois vs Indiana

12:00 Davidson vs Fordham

12:00 Auburn vs Texas A&M

12:30 North Texas vs La Tech

1:00 Houston vs Cincinnat

2:00 Iowa vs Rutgers

5:00 Akron vs Toledo (if Rutgers loses close)

6:00 Umass vs Dayton

7:00 Duke vs Miami

7:00 Tulsa vs SMU

8:30 Richmond vs VCU

8:30 Kentucky vs Vanderbilt

9:00 Arizona vs Colorado

9:00 Memphis vs UCF

9:30 Boise State vs Wyoming

9:30 UNC vs Va Tech

9:30 Texas Tech vs Oklahoma

That?s mostly everything. There may be a few conference games left out where we want to generally root for the higher seed to prevent bid thieves. With that said some of these are a lot more important than others.

Illinois, Iowa, UNC, Richmond, Tulsa, and Texas Tech winning would be the most important results today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Illinois loses and A&M is pounding Auburn. Auburn is 14/54 shooting today. Not a good start to the day for Michigan's tourney chances.

Houston was down 39-30 and are now winning by 13 with a minute left.

T

According to some we are already in the last four byes not the last four in. All Indiana does is flip us from maybe not in to having to play in the darn play in game I think.

Last edited:
So frustrating we let Hated Indiana off the hook. I hate them as much as Wisconsin. First time since 2003 I think I heard they made it to the semifinals.

Now Lunardi said the only to spots in play are the last two held by Xavier and wake forest. So that?s a good sound bit for Michigan fans. Still need those losses to happen to be comfortable.

Last edited:
CBS sports Jerry Palm on the Huge radio show said we were out and probably Rutgers too. He was pretty emphatic that the committee just doesn?t use net rankings and Michigan record is just not good enough. Let?s hope the other guys are right and he is wrong.

Last edited:
All this because Howard couldn?t coach his team to a win up 17 with 12 minutes left. So frustrating.

All this because Howard couldn?t coach his team to a win up 17 with 12 minutes left. So frustrating.

Far more to do with the players than any of our coaches. We saw the quotes before the last OSU game. These guys put it on cruise control too often. Martelli made it pretty clear they've been trying to get through to the guys all year. Sometimes no matter how hard the coaches try, it just doesn't matter.

CBS sports Jerry Palm on the Huge radio show said we were out and probably Rutgers too. He was pretty emphatic that the committee just doesn?t use net rankings and Michigan record is just not good enough. Let?s hope the other guys are right and he is wrong.

Palm is a dumb shit. There's a reason his predictions are rated #100 out of 135 on Bracket Matrix. He's one of the most unreliable people to listen to..

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html

Kentucky 77 Vandy 71 final.

Coach for Vandy was not happy in the second half. He got T?d up early in the half.

Last edited:
Texas Tech 56 Oklahoma 55 final
Duke beat Miami 80-76 final.
Virginia Tech 72 Unc 59 final
Arizona 82 Colorado 72 final
Memphis 85 Ucf 69 final
Dayton 75 mass 72 final
Boise St 68 Wyoming 61 final
Smu 83 Tulsa 58 final.
Richmond 75 Vcu 64 final
Davidson 74 Fordham 56 Final
Louisiana Tech 42 North Texas 36 final.
Akron 70 Toledo 62 Final
Houston 69 Cincinnati 56 Final
Texas am 62 Auburn 62 final
Indiana 65 Illinois 63 final

Other wins that helped I think .
San Francisco 75 Byu 63 Final
Boston college 72 Wake Forest 67 Final ot.
Virginia Tech did knock off ND 87-80. ND was on a lot of last four in.
Butler 89 Xavier 82 Final . Xavier was one of the last four in.
Boise st 53 SDSU 52 Final.
Houston 86 Tulane 66 Final.
Virginia Tech crushes Duke. The are in. Wins first ever Acc tournament championship.

Hey T. we want smu to win right ? You have Tulsa highlighted but they are 11-20 ? And why Akron over Toledo ? Seems like both make it now with 23 and 26 wins respectively unless the mac is a one bud league ?

Last edited:
Texas Tech 56 Oklahoma 55 final
Duke beat Miami 80-76 final.
Virginia Tech 72 Unc 59 final
Arizona 82 Colorado 72 final
Memphis 85 Ucf 69 final
Dayton 75 mass 72 final
Boise St 68 Wyoming 61 final
Smu 83 Tulsa 58 final.
Richmond 75 Vcu 64 final
Davidson 74 Fordham 56 Final
Louisiana Tech 42 North Texas 36 final.
Akron 70 Toledo 62 Final
Houston 69 Cincinnati 56 Final
Texas am 62 Auburn 62 final
Indiana 65 Illinois 63 final

Hey T. we want smu to win right ? You have Tulsa highlighted but they are 11-20 ? And why Akron over Toledo ? Seems like both make it now with 23 and 26 wins respectively unless the mac is a one bud league ?

Hey, wow, I?m flattered you?re asking me.

Our Wolverines24 who started this thread seems to be the guy in the know.

I?m so disgusted by the last collapse I can?t even pay attention. If our guys get in I?ll watch every game they play - sadly I don?t expect there will that many.

If they don?t get in the season is over.

After the last loss thinking about Michigan basketball - or college basketball at all - makes me sad.

I?m not talkin? my dog died sad; just, ya know, I wanna - and can - think of something else sad.

Hey, wow, I?m flattered you?re asking me.

Our Wolverines24 who started this thread seems to be the guy in the know.

I?m so disgusted by the last collapse I can?t even pay attention. If our guys get in I?ll watch every game they play - sadly I don?t expect there will that many.

If they don?t get in the season is over.

After the last loss thinking about Michigan basketball - or college basketball at all - makes me sad.

I?m not talkin? my dog died sad; just, ya know, I wanna - and can - think of something else sad.

Sorry about the dog. Was asking the other T who started the thread.

Back