Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Basketball Rooting Guide

They all deserve to be there. So glad we didn't end up missing out on the most wonderful time of the year.

"Anything is possible!" - Kevin Garnett (discussing Michigan basketball)

Oh I agree it's just there are alot of 20 win teams I was worried about.

Lol just saw in jerry palms Twitter he even picked Michigan as a last four in think.

I still think the team would have benefited more from missing out and being punished for playing like ass clowns too often this season. I will still root for them to go all the way, but we all know they're just going to win one game then lose the second haha.

Michigan has two common opponents with csu unlv and sdsu.
Michigan beat Unlv 74-61 and sdsu 72-58.

Colorado st verses unlv
W 58-47
L 79-49
L 63-58

Unlv beat Colorado st in both games 88-74 and 72-51.

Last edited:
The team has been so inconsistent this year I don't expect them to make a very deep run in the tournament. I hope they can put together a run. Go Blue!

One too many.

at least. I haven't watched much basketball this season, particularly outside the B1G. what I have seen in the B1G hasn't been particularly encouraging. I'm expecting another embarrassing showing like last year - if we have 2 teams in the Sweet 16, I'll be very surprised.

The team has been so inconsistent this year I don't expect them to make a very deep run in the tournament. I hope they can put together a run. Go Blue!

Considering Tennessee is going to be waiting for us if we get past CSU, making a run is very unlikely. Tennessee is playing great right now and they should have been a 2 seed.

Considering Tennessee is going to be waiting for us if we get past CSU, making a run is very unlikely. Tennessee is playing great right now and they should have been a 2 seed.

Right, and if by some miracle they make it past Tennessee, then they will likely have to face Villanova. Oh well.

Indiana got a gift playing Wyoming . 19 turnovers with 2:45 left including 10 from the point guard from Wyoming. He is so careless with the ball.Now they get st Mary?s next.

Last edited:
Indiana got a gift playing Wyoming . 19 turnovers with 2:45 left including 10 from the point guard from Wyoming. He is so careless with the ball.Now they get st Mary?s next.

Wyoming isn't a very good team. There are way too many bad teams in this tournament. Too many teams in general.

Wyoming isn't a very good team. There are way too many bad teams in this tournament. Too many teams in general.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I'm in the minority on this with a lot of my social circle, but I'm of the opinion March Madness should be only 32 teams. I get that everyone loves the cute/fun Cinderella upsets that happen every year, but it's just basic probability that you should expect some to happen with so many games being played. It doesn't mean those teams deserve a chance at winning a National Title. The lowest seed to ever win was an 8 seed...so why are we still bothering with seeds 9-16?

Same with the NBA Playoffs and on and on....what's the point of so many teams if the lower ones basically never win it? Just comes down to money as usual, but it waters down the product.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I'm in the minority on this with a lot of my social circle, but I'm of the opinion March Madness should be only 32 teams. I get that everyone loves the cute/fun Cinderella upsets that happen every year, but it's just basic probability that you should expect some to happen with so many games being played. It doesn't mean those teams deserve a chance at winning a National Title. The lowest seed to ever win was an 8 seed...so why are we still bothering with seeds 9-16?

Same with the NBA Playoffs and on and on....what's the point of so many teams if the lower ones basically never win it? Just comes down to money as usual, but it waters down the product.

it's definitely getting worse with the number of kids skipping out after freshman or sophomore year but there are probably more than 32 teams that deserve a bid - a lot of those 9-12s are as good or better than some 7s and 8s. But a tournament that makes more sense makes a lot less dollars.

Back