Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Biogenesis ready to tell MLB on players Arod, Braun, suspensions coming Updated

They need Olympic style testing in all major pro sports. They show up where you are and you have to test right then or its a failed test. Right now they know when they are going to be tested and can cycle off. Granted I still believe you wont catch everyone cheating because the PED's are usually a step or 2 ahead of the tests to catch them.

More testing is not the answer.

When the consequences make it prohibitive, then people will stop. In New York, talking or texting on your cell phone while driving is illegal. New York was the first state to make it illegal in November 2001. However, there are more people violating that law then ever before. Would more "testing" help?

The consequences for getting caught in New York is $100 fine and 2 points on the license. Maybe if it was $1,000 fine or maybe $10,000 fine. Then, and only then, will you see less people talking on a cell phone while driving.

Baseball or any other sport needs more than 50 or 100 games. They need 2-3 year bans, or even lifetime. Then and only then will it not be as great of an issue.

When the consequences make it prohibitive, then people will stop. In New York, talking or texting on your cell phone while driving is illegal. New York was the first state to make it illegal in November 2001. However, there are more people violating that law then ever before. Would more "testing" help?

The consequences for getting caught in New York is $100 fine and 2 points on the license. Maybe if it was $1,000 fine or maybe $10,000 fine. Then, and only then, will you see less people talking on a cell phone while driving.

Baseball or any other sport needs more than 50 or 100 games. They need 2-3 year bans, or even lifetime. Then and only then will it not be as great of an issue.

Random testing provision combined with the 100-game first offense and lifetime second offense is a good start.

Random testing provision combined with the 100-game first offense and lifetime second offense is a good start.

Players are using PEDs to impact their earning potential. 100-game suspensions are not going create much of a deterrent for using it in the first place. Most would cease in fear of the lifetime ban and only after the first time being caught. The first time punishment must be a deterrent from a monetary standpoint. 2-3 year ban would be enough of a deterrent from most.

Now, borderline players might still take the gamble in order to sign that one big contract.

If anyone is really serious, including fans, then we shouldn't be using terms like "games" when referring to punishment. We need a year, two, three or lifetime. I want all sports to be "clean". But I also am not naive to think strict punishment will abolish PEDs from the game. I just won't pander to the players that are doing PEDs.

I thought NY raised it to 5 points on their license.

Higher penalties for sure.

They will be in court for a while. Its hard to prove they received steroids without. Positive test

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Braun refused to answer any questions, this could be construed as failing to cooperate with the anti-PED policy.

Making himself look really guilty.

They will be in court for a while. Its hard to prove they received steroids without. Positive test

I don't see how it's a court issue. As some posted earlier in this thread, they don't actually have to fail a test to violate the rules and receive a suspension.

It's going to be between the MLBPA and the MLB, I doubt it will ever see a courtroom.

I don't see how it's a court issue. As some posted earlier in this thread, they don't actually have to fail a test to violate the rules and receive a suspension.

It's going to be between the MLBPA and the MLB, I doubt it will ever see a courtroom.

They have to show proof that the player received steroids. The union has lawyers for situations like this

They have to show proof that the player received steroids. The union has lawyers for situations like this

They do but in the end MLB can give them a penalty if so desired. Just like, you don't need to find the murder weapon to convict someone. You can even convict someone without a body. Its happened.

Last edited:
They do but in the end MLB can give them a penalty if so desired. Just like, you don't need to find the murder weapon to convict someone. You can even convict someone without a body. Its happened.

Mlb is not judge, jury, and executioner.

Back