Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bowl Season Has Started? (other Bowl Games thread)

Michchamp

Teams I've actually heard of are playing already. I am not ready for this yet...

11-2 Miami OH struggling against App. St. right now.

UCLA-Boise St., and Cal-TTech are tonight. Not that I have any interest in watching any of these games.

Does Anybody Give a Crap About Bowls that Don?t include Michigan or MSU?

Oh my bad?there is no bowl that includes MSU.

UCLA won a bowl game against an Idaho team that nobody gives a crap about except a few media in Los Angeles people who were paid to cover it.

Let?s make this the official unofficial, who gives a shit about every ball game. That doesn?t include Michigan or Michigan State. Oh, that?s right ? there is no ball game that includes Michigan State.

App St and Miami-Ohio was a fun watch. App St won 13-9 in a monsoon. 13 fumbles in the game. Record was a surprising 17 between Ole Miss and Alabama in the 60s. The paint on the field had no time to dry and was all over the place.

I don't know what you heard, but MSU IS going bowling... here, at The Royal Scot Golf and Bowl in East Lansing, MI! >:D>:D>:D

Miami U and ASU playing in Mexico? Why? I actually watched the fourth quarter. Why?

Name the real bowl game for 2023.

1. The Magic Bullet Theory Bowl
2. The Military Industrial Complex Bowl
3. The Paul McCartney is Dead Bowl
4. The Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl

Last edited:
Name the real bowl game for 2023.

1. The Magic Bullet Theory Bowl
2. The Military Industrial Complex Bowl
3. The Paul McCartney is Dead Bowl
4. The Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl

Cool.

Maybe we should add

The Wuhan Wet Market Bat Bowl
The Let?s Go Brandon IS the Legitimate POTUS Bowl
The Ryan Day is as Much of a Cheater as Jim Harbaugh Bowl
The California Governor Gavin Newsom is NOT Running for President Bowl

EDIT: Oh, here?s one inspired by something I just heard on the news:

The Roman Catholic ?You Can?t Get Same Sex Married Here, But if You?re Already Married, the Pope Will Go Ahead and Bless You? Bowl.

Last edited:
Cool.

Maybe we should add

The Roman Catholic ?You Can?t Get Same Sex Married Here, But if You?re Already Married, the Pope Will Go Ahead and Bless You? Bowl.

The "Whoops, Guess Ukraine Didn't Work Out, But Hey We Can Shovel Even More Money to Raytheon/Lockheed/Boeing on Behalf Of Israel Now Bowl"

Cool.

Maybe we should add

The NSA Surveillance Bowl
The Mass Illegal Immigrant Bowl
The NCAA Name, Image, and Likeness Hypocrisy Bowl
The Michigan State Spartan-Macbeth-Handwash Bowl

The NSA Surveillance Bowl
The Mass Illegal Immigrant Bowl
The NCAA Name, Image, and Likeness Hypocrisy Bowl
The Michigan State Spartan-Macbeth-Handwash Bowl

I'm planning to watch these two:

The "Michigan Only Beat Us Because CHEATING But Now We Know About It So It Will Be Different OOPS We Lost 49-0 And Are A Complete Piece of Shit Program And Terrible People" Bowl

and the "Strange... All The Sportswriters Stopped Talking About Cheating and Sanctions After We Beat Ohio State Again, So WHAT THE FUCK WAS ALL THE ABOUT?" Bowl

The "Michigan Only Beat Us Because CHEATING But Now We Know About It So It Will Be Different OOPS We Lost 49-0 And Are A Complete Piece of Shit Program And Terrible People" Bowl

and the "Strange... All The Sportswriters Stopped Talking About Cheating and Sanctions After We Beat Ohio State Again, So WHAT THE FUCK WAS ALL THE ABOUT?" Bowl

I know that the one bowl you won't miss is "let's hope our wins aren't vacated because of Conner Stalions Bowl" ;)

Don't forget the "If it was a Michigan player over a decade ago they're definitely guilty but if it's a Spartan with the same amount of circumstantial evidence the chick is clearly lying and BLUE WALL REEEEEEE" bowl

Cool.

Maybe we should add

I know that the one bowl you won't miss is "let's hope our wins aren't vacated because of Conner Stalions Bowl" ;)

Missed opportunity here: The Connor Stalion Obsession Just Change Your Signs Bowl

Last edited:
Who else missed out on some FAMOUS TOASTERY BOWL ACTION?

I'm being serious... the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers came back from 28 pts down to beat Old Dominion 38-35 in OT!

Don't forget the "If it was a Michigan player over a decade ago they're definitely guilty but if it's a Spartan with the same amount of circumstantial evidence the chick is clearly lying and BLUE WALL REEEEEEE" bowl

says the guy who 7 years later is still trying to impugn Dantonio who was investigated by 3 different groups that all concluded he acted appropriately (except ESPN). Then at the same time excuse making for Harbaugh as he survives one scandal after another (Matt Weiss, Shemy, Connor Stalions, Chris Partridge, his own recruiting violations) and your excuse for him as the leader of the program is, as long as he had no knowledge (LOL to that) of any of it, he's done nothing wrong.

Plausible deniability is all it takes for you so long as Harbaugh keeps winning (thanks to Meyer retiring). And let's not forget you're even more moronic position - criticism of uofm's mishandling Howard's multiple incidents is irrelevant because "you don't follow basketball."

Nothing has changed at uofm since they got caught covering up a rape, really since they got caught in one of the biggest sports scandals of all time with the Fab 5. Face it, uofm is as dirty as the dirtiest of programs, and morons like you think everyone is out to get uofm because they're jealous. Hilariously stupid.

Last edited:
I just watched the highlights... looks like Old Dominion's pass defense played "Michigan State style" coverage, making sure the WKU receivers had plenty of space to catch the ball before they tried to tackle them. Very good sportsmanship.

I just watched the highlights... looks like Old Dominion's pass defense played "Michigan State style" coverage, making sure the WKU receivers had plenty of space to catch the ball before they tried to tackle them. Very good sportsmanship.

That's quite nice of them. It helps offset the late hits and cheap shots while the AD whines about player safety to distract the rest of the league away from the rampant sexual assaults they're covering up.

Last edited:
looks like nobody told Syracuse they had a bowl game today.

totally understandable. If I was playing in a bowl game, there's no way I would think it could've been today.

Back