Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bowl Season Has Started? (other Bowl Games thread)

looks like nobody told Syracuse they had a bowl game today.

totally understandable. If I was playing in a bowl game, there's no way I would think it could've been today.

I hated that when it happened to me.

The second time I told myself it was a coincidence.

The third time? It occurred to me ?maybe this is a pattern.?

I am exorcised that the GT - UCF is on ESPN and not off air. So I'll miss it.

Northwestern beats Utah 14-7 with their concussed quarterback. NW QB was clearly concussed early in the 4th when his head smacked the ground on a tackle. You could see his hand stiffen in a seizure like manner with his teammate standing above him about to grab his hand to lift him. His teammate clearly saw him seizing and stopped short of grabbing his hand. He had to be helped to his feet and into the tent. With about 8 min left, I think it was, he was allowed to return and won NW the game. Great win. Dont agree with the decision. No game is worth it. If he would have been blasted once more, who knows how things would have turned out for the young man.

Last edited:
I missed the game. How the hell did NW beat Utah? I fully expected this to be a complete blowout.

I know Bowl Game outcomes are more random, but that's a hell of a season for Northwestern... going from 1-11 & firing their coach, to not only making a bowl game, but one against a decent opponent & winning it.

I still don't understand why everyone thinks the PAC 12 is so good. Great season by Northwestern but if you're losing to them you're not very good

I still don't understand why everyone thinks the PAC 12 is so good. Great season by Northwestern but if you're losing to them you're not very good

This game could be an outlier, because of the fact that Utah has been without their All-World QB all year due to the knee injury suffered last year. Without him, NW was on the same level. Who knows how good anyone really is until the big dogs play one another?

Minnesota wins 30-24. The play of the game actually came from the play by play guys in the booth. They kept showing the fiance of the quarterback for Minnesota. Definite little hotty. One of the announcers says, Katie having a Katherine Webb type moment today. Then I waited for it........and finally, the other guy says, "where's Uncle Brent when you need'em." Definite good chuckle this afternoon.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and we are all getting ready for a Championship game a week from today. GO BLUE!!!!!!

Last edited:
... One of the announcers says, Katie having a Katherine Webb type moment today. Then I waited for it........and finally, the other guy says, "where's Uncle Brent when you need'em." Definite good chuckle this afternoon. ...

I had to look all that up. I had no idea who they were referring to.

Glad Musburger's not around much anymore

Minnesota just posted this tweet.

Seven. Straight. Bowl. Wins.

The fact that they capitalized each word, and punctuated each with a period shows how impressive this is... being 5-7 and beating a MAC program in a Toilet Bowl game is something, I suppose... better than not making a bowl altogether.

I gather the MSU and OSU fans who include Harbaugh's bowl record in their pile of "evidence" of "Why Harbaugh Is The Worst Person Ever" arguments are very proud of Minnesota, and holding them up as a great Big Ten team right now...

Is there a way for neither OSU or mizzou to win?

Also, champ, you working on the prediction thread yet?

looking at the OSU box score... 8 possessions so far in this game... 6 punts, 1 FG, Mizzou has the ball.

Never much cared for other big teams winning their bowl game. Losing is always best for them..

Osu I think lost the starting qb early in the game and was playing a 3rd stringer. Didn?t watch much of it. Bowl games suck with all the opt outs.

Back