Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

CA to allow student athletes to earn money

Republican guys always REALLY care about gender equality in college sports... but only when you talk about paying college athletes!

This thread veered political with MichChamp?s (who else? duh) post #13 so I moved it to the politics board.

At this point, given how badly the NCAA has done enforcing the rules of "amateur athletics"... I think we should just say "FUCK IT" and let college sports become professional.

the only people who will be harmed are the ones making money off it now: developers, coaches, athletic department employees, Bowl committeemen, etc.

why will the people making money off it now not make money off it going forward? That makes no sense - who says they won't be able to do it out in the open as or more successfully than others, just like they dominate the dark, seedy world or paying players or that they won't be able to continue their dirty ways by supplementing the undoubtedly highly regulated, still corrupt and inefficient system we're likely to get for paying players with more illegal benefits?

Last edited:
Republican guys always REALLY care about gender equality in college sports... but only when you talk about paying college athletes!

translation: "I can't refute anything you say so I will instead impugn your motive and character."

This thread veered political with MichChamp?s (who else? duh) post #13 so I moved it to the politics board.

MC is a pinko, commie, subversive prevert.

Screenshot%2B%2528104%2529.png

Hello!
There is a question about cryptocurrency exchanges:
1 - tell me the cheapest cryptocurrencies that have the right to life in the future. I looked at Ripple, NEM, Bytecoin or Stellar Lumens. I would like to buy up to $ 50 and forget about them until they rise in price, and then sell.
2 - which exchange to use? It is important - with good technical support and, preferably, with the ability to exchange for regular money.
3. Which Cryptocurrency Blog would you recommend? What about Blog.Switchere.com?
Peace for everyone! Thanks.

Last edited:
One way or another, big change is on the horizon.

!!!

What is going on?!

...but I agree, big changes on the way. I loved the idea of the amateur athlete, but I've changed course. I think it started for me with the luxury suites at Michigan Stadium.

damn, that was a 9-0 opinion. the NCAA is badly out of step with reality.

this still doesn't go far enough though. players should be able to fully negotiate salaries with their own agents and attorneys.

plus all current coaches and administrators, including NCAA officials and still-living retired coaches, should all go to jail for 5 years or so to make up for cheating former athletes for the last 100 years.

this still doesn't go far enough though. players should be able to fully negotiate salaries with their own agents and attorneys.

plus all current coaches and administrators, including NCAA officials and still-living retired coaches, should all go to jail for 5 years or so to make up for cheating former athletes for the last 100 years.
I can't wait until star player a transfers to school b for a better offer.

I believe the unintended consequence of this could be the end of title IX with regards to college athletics. If it is to be considered a for profit business, and they have to start to pay the athletes, say goodbye to all women's sports and the majority of men's sports outside of football and some basketball teams.

Kinda like the way that the City of Philadelphia demonstrated with its own unanimous loss to Fulton.

The best of them will all end up with the same 10 colleges year after year.

Figured a law dog like you would realize that ex post facto comes into view here.

I believe the unintended consequence of this could be the end of title IX with regards to college athletics. If it is to be considered a for profit business, and they have to start to pay the athletes, say goodbye to all women's sports and the majority of men's sports outside of football and some basketball teams.

that would provide cover and let them off the hook for explaining why they're not defending title IX against trans athletes crushing the spirit (and heads) of female athletes and by female athletes, I mean athletes who were born female because according to the NCAA, they're all female athletes.

Last edited:
Kinda like the way that the City of Philadelphia demonstrated with its own unanimous loss to Fulton.

The best of them will all end up with the same 10 colleges year after year.

Figured a law dog like you would realize that ex post facto comes into view here.

Rhetorical. wishful thinking more than a realistic hope.

FWIW, I would grant Lloyd Carr an exemption. all SEC & ohio state coaches would get double sentences. Jim Tressel gets a treble sentence and is forced to read his book on christian ethics to all SEC coaches over and over again.

Dantonio gets a single sentence, but his cell is painted maize and blue.

that would provide cover and let them off the hook for explaining why they're not defending title IX against trans athletes crushing the spirit (and heads) of female athletes and by female athletes, I mean athletes who were born female because according to the NCAA, they're all female athletes.

jeez why are you so hot about trans athletes? who cares? did one pin you in high school wrestling, or something?

Rhetorical. wishful thinking more than a realistic hope.

FWIW, I would grant Lloyd Carr an exemption. all SEC & ohio state coaches would get double sentences. Jim Tressel gets a treble sentence and is forced to read his book on christian ethics to all SEC coaches over and over again.

Dantonio gets a single sentence, but his cell is painted maize and blue.

A worse sentence would be to bring them back to coach assigned teams that have to play the power teams who have all the players they were used to buying.

I say three years is sufficient. And Mike Dontoni has to coach at a place like EMU or Toledo.

A worse sentence would be to bring them back to coach assigned teams that have to play the power teams who have all the players they were used to buying.

I say three years is sufficient. And Mike Dontoni has to coach at a place like EMU or Toledo.

oh... i like this.

the excuse making from these guys at the post game press conferences would reach RichRod-esque levels.

EMU and Toledo won't have teams anymore

Back