Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

CA to allow student athletes to earn money

oh god forbid maybe the college racket will finally have stop paying their coaches enormous sums. college is an over priced racket.

jeez why are you so hot about trans athletes? who cares?

I know you prefer to pretend this issue doesn?t exist and concentrate on made up problems like systemic racism, police brutality, ACCC, etc but everyone who cares about actual fairness and equality and who also believes in science cares about this issue.

Last edited:
A worse sentence would be to bring them back to coach assigned teams that have to play the power teams who have all the players they were used to buying.

I say three years is sufficient. And Mike Dontoni has to coach at a place like EMU or Toledo.

He?d still beat Michigan and win more bowl games than them.

Last edited:
Anyway, this narrow interpretation of Education Related Expenses is the wedge in the tree. The rest of what the NCAA is trying to preserve will fall "gradually then suddenly."

He?d still beat Michigan and win more bowl games than them.

Mad Dog 'Tonio didn't always beat Michigan. And, we'd except that he'd win most bowl games that are played in Biloxi, Fresno, or Reno during the second week of December against Louisiana Tech, Georgia Southern, or Northern Arizona.

I know you prefer to pretend this issue doesn?t exist and concentrate on made up problems like systemic racism, police brutality, ACCC, etc but everyone who cares about actual fairness and equality and who also believes in science cares about this issue.

Alfred Kinsey's studies and surveys showed that gender & sexual preference weren't binary as far back as the 1950's. You claim to believe in science, yet I have a hard time believing you're not well behind the curve on this topic. But maybe I'll be surprised. Please enlighten me as to what "science" says we should do with the relative handful of transgender athletes out there.

It's dumb we're talking about transgender athletes in this thread, but I guess that shows we're all getting to the same page on paying college athletes (?) so... progress I suppose.

Mad Dog 'Tonio didn't always beat Michigan. And, we'd except that he'd win most bowl games that are played in Biloxi, Fresno, or Reno during the second week of December against Louisiana Tech, Georgia Southern, or Northern Arizona.

that's true, he didn't always beat uofm, just most of the time (he lost a few in the years he lost to pretty much everyone). Considering his record in legit bowls, I'd say you're probably right about how he would perform in those garbage bowls, if he were to coach in them.

Alfred Kinsey's studies and surveys showed that gender & sexual preference weren't binary as far back as the 1950's. You claim to believe in science, yet I have a hard time believing you're not well behind the curve on this topic. But maybe I'll be surprised. Please enlighten me as to what "science" says we should do with the relative handful of transgender athletes out there.

who said sexual preference was binary? Or that this nonsense is a recent phenomenon? There you go, setting up more straw man arguments to show how much further along the curve your warped world view is - good job.

But no, his studies don't show that gender isn't binary. Documenting the existence of people with gender dysphoria isn't proof that gender isn't binary. Kinsey also interviewed hundreds of pedophiles (child molesters) without reporting a single one of them to police. That puts him in the same category with Joe Pa and Bo but he doesn't get to hide behind the label of "scientist" just because he took notes during the interviews. Are you sure you want to base your argument on his work?

Did you do research on John Money, the pioneer behind all this modern gender theory garbage and decide maybe you should just stick w/ Kinsey because he was only an enabler of pedophilia? Or was Kinsey the first name that came up when you did your internet search 5 minutes before making that post? Much like the abortion industry being spawned by the warped world view of a racist eugenicist sociopath (who the left to this day considers a hero), modern gender theory is based on the insane research of a psychopathic pedophile whose delusional nonsense is being mainstreamed by people who think they're being "progressive" and "inclusive." They're not, they're doing way more harm than good - and unsurprisingly that's the side you've chosen to be on.

Last edited:
And he got to face two of the worst coaches in Michigan history for 7 of his 13 games against UM.

how many times has Dantonio beaten a ranked uofm team? How many times has Rich Rod, Hoke and Harbaugh beaten a ranked msu team? What's Dantonio's record against ranked teams vs. the same for all 3 of those coaches combined?

Last edited:
who said sexual preference was binary? There you go, setting up another straw man to show how much further along the curve your warped world view is - good job.

But no, his studies don't show that gender isn't binary. Documenting the existence of people with gender dysphoria isn't proof that gender isn't binary. Kinsey also interviewed hundreds of pedophiles (child molesters) without reporting a single one of them to police. That puts him in the same category with Joe Pa and Bo but he doesn't get to hide behind the label of "scientist" just because he took notes during the interviews. Are you sure you want to base your argument on his work?

Did you do research on John Money, the pioneer behind all this modern gender theory garbage and decide maybe you should just stick w/ Kinsey because he was only an enabler of pedophilia? Or was Kinsey the first name that came up when you did your internet search 5 minutes before making that post? Much like the abortion industry being founded by a eugenicist sociopath who is now idolized, modern gender theory is based on the insane research of a psychopathic pedophile whose delusional nonsense is being mainstreamed by people who think they're "progressive" and "inclusive." They're not, they're doing way more harm than good - and unsurprisingly that's the side you've chosen to be on.

okay, I'm sorry I asked a direct question; you clearly have some other issue going on here and some kind of axe to grind. I'm done with this convo

how many times has Dantonio beaten a ranked uofm team? How many times has Rich Rod, Hoke and Harbaugh beaten a ranked msu team? What's Dantonio's record against ranked teams vs. the same for all 3 of those coaches combined?

LOL, Dantonio gets a pass for fielding shit teams because he beat Michigan during our own down years, and beat one (1) good Michigan team on a fluke muffed punt in a game his team trailed for all 60 minutes. Amazing

Michigan never lost against MSU; it just ran out of time. And Matt D?Antioni had good assistants.

okay, I'm sorry I asked a direct question; you clearly have some other issue going on here and some kind of axe to grind. I'm done with this convo

I answered your question AND pointed out that your source is a known enabler of pedophilia and the progressive narrative is based on junk science performed by sociopaths and psycopaths - you should walk away and quite while your behind.

LOL, Dantonio gets a pass for fielding shit teams because he beat Michigan during our own down years, and beat one (1) good Michigan team on a fluke muffed punt in a game his team trailed for all 60 minutes. Amazing

Okay, sorry I asked a direct question. Actually, no I'll ask it again. How many times has Dantonio beaten a ranked uofm team and how many times has a michigan coach beaten a ranked MSU team in the Dantonio era?

Also, LOLOLOL get your facts straight - that game was scoreless or tied for about 18 minutes and was a 1 score game for all but 2:49 seconds of the rest of the time - much of it (over 23 minutes), the lead was a field goal or 2 pts. MSU had 2x as many first downs, 156 yards more total offense, outgained uofm on the ground and in the air, had 3 fewer penalties and 1 less turnover. If anything, you should feel lucky to have been in the game, let alone ever had the lead. If not for shitty play calling on 4th down by MSU, uofm wouldn't even have been in the game.

Edit: by the way, that game was just one of the times MSU beat a ranked uofm team and one of the times uofm failed to beat a ranked MSU team.

Edit 2: who is giving Dantonio a pass for anything? and if they are, it's certainly not because he beat up on uofm most of the time. It would have a lot more to do with his record against top 25 and top 5 teams, winning bowl games, B1G titles, etc, etc. That statement just shows how delusional some uofm fans are.

Last edited:
Michigan never lost against MSU; it just ran out of time. And Matt D?Antioni had good assistants.

that's true of every game ever played by any teams. And Dantonio's assistants were awful for much of his tenure, particularly the last 5 years which along with the disastrous 2016 recruiting class led to his downfall.

I think hiring Bollman was the beginning of the end for Dantonio or at least when he revealed he wasn't great at evaluating coaching talent.

Last edited:
that's true of every game ever played by any teams. And Dantonio's assistants were awful for much of his tenure, particularly the last 5 years which along with the disastrous 2016 recruiting class led to his downfall.

I think hiring Bollman was the beginning of the end for Dantonio or at least when he revealed he wasn't great at evaluating coaching talent.

I was not sarcastic enough, it appears.

I was not sarcastic enough, it appears.

Neither was I, apparently. I figured the bit about uofm running out of time was but wasn?t sure if you knew how bad Dantonio was with hiring and handling of assistants. He certainly deserves a heaping dose of sarcasm and mockery - I?ll try to be more alert in the future.

A while back my wife and I attended a lecture by a philosopher who made that argument - that in time constrained events, you don?t actually lose, you run out of time. The event was sponsored by Opus Dei in NY city but I forget the guys name or where he taught. Your post reminded me of that talk.

Last edited:
Back