Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Can we make the tournament?

MN has a couple big wins but i would say that was also a bad loss - they are reeling right now. Again, I have no idea what the committee considers a bad loss, but when assessing this team's worthiness, I'm considering the losses by 17+ to be bad losses or at least as indications that we not a good team - and there are a lot of them (only 3 of our 10 losses were by less than 10 pts, 6 were by 15 or more including the 30pt loss to RU in the last meeting).

still, that doesn't seem like enough for us to leapfrog a team that finishes ahead of us in the standings, esp if it's by 2 wins who also beat the snot out of us last time we played. Of course, a lot could happen with the remaining schedules and our relative performances in the BTT could change the picture dramatically.

Last edited:
I will be rather disappointed to see MSU excluded from the tournament. I think a split with Michigan gets them in. But, to me no serious COVID cases is a win for the entire conference.

I will be rather disappointed to see MSU excluded from the tournament. I think a split with Michigan gets them in. But, to me no serious COVID cases is a win for the entire conference.

A split with michigan would exceed just about anyone's expectations. ufom hasn't had 2 bad nights in a month let alone in a row so tonight at Crisler would require a near miracle.

I'd say that 2 wins of any kind get us in right now, but that makes Tuesday vs Indiana really a must win. IU is reeling and Archie Miller might be on the hot seat, we'll see how they respond. as for beating Michigan, tall order but I think the idea of playing them back to back helps us. I think we lose by 15-20 in AA and then play a tight game in EL. it's hard to sweep teams in back to back games, coaching adjustments are made and there's a complacency factor as well.

this turned out to be pretty accurate

It kinda sucks that dook's tourney streak ends with an asterisk instead of a loss but whatever - I think we need 3 or 4 more appearances to pass them for second longest active streak. KU has a massive lead - I think this year will be 32 for them.

Last edited:
Bo Boroski working the game today. Might as well start everyone with 3 fouls

Bo Boroski working the game today. Might as well start everyone with 3 fouls

good call getting your excuses on the record beforehand.

so far foul calls 12-5 in MD's favor, and they free-throwed their way back into it

good call getting your excuses on the record beforehand.

so far foul calls 12-5 in MD's favor, and they free-throwed their way back into it

Our worst seasons in both football and basketball in decades and still managed to beat Michigan in both. But thanks for the input

Last edited:
This team just can't handle any adversity at all. As soon as they started getting fouls called they collapsed. Such a hard to watch team when that happens.

open up a 12 point lead, next thing you know foul shots are 19-9 in favor of Maryland. Overall, MD takes 10 more FTs, makes 11 more and wins by 11. That's bad, but they just got manhandled by a team that finished the season with losses to northwestern and psu - they suck. Henry and Watts combine for 10 of the team's 18 turnovers.

Last edited:
What's w/ Gabe Brown? In 4 of 6 nonconference games he attempted 5 or more 3s averaging 56.5% when he did, 51.8% overall. He only attempted 5 or more 3s in 3 of 20 B1G games, averaging exactly 50% - in most of the other games he took 1 or 2 and shot 44% on the year.

Langford obviously attempted a lot less this year - took a shit ton of mid range jumpers. Feels like this team took less 3s than any MSU team I've watched.

Last edited:
Refs aside (they were a complete joke) we played beyond horrendous and any team that commits 20 turnovers and goes 10 minutes without a point doesn?t deserve to win anything. Having said that, fuck Bo Boroski so hard, the guy is a disgrace and makes me miss Ed Hightower and TV Ted Valentine. Can?t wait to see our illustrious new commish Kevin Warren give the scumbag a raise. He makes Tim Donaghy look like Christ. Sorry but 1-5 with him doing our games and Wisconsin like 2-8 or something is not some random coincidence.

This team just can't handle any adversity at all. As soon as they started getting fouls called they collapsed. Such a hard to watch team when that happens.

Exactly. Which is a bunch of bullshit. I don?t care if it?s Hellen Keller or Boroski on the whistle (there?s no difference really) you cannot let it get to you as a player with half the game left and a minimal deficit. They wilted completely like a bunch of freshmen.

What's w/ Gabe Brown? In 4 of 6 nonconference games he attempted 5 or more 3s averaging 56.5% when he did, 51.8% overall. He only attempted 5 or more 3s in 3 of 20 B1G games, averaging exactly 50% - in most of the other games he took 1 or 2 and shot 44% on the year.

Langford obviously attempted a lot less this year - took a shit ton of mid range jumpers. Feels like this team took less 3s than any MSU team I've watched.

My god was Langford dreadful today. He couldn?t hit the broad side of a barn and he had several absolutely wide open looks. Might have been his worst game of the year, which is saying something.

Refs aside (they were a complete joke) we played beyond horrendous and any team that commits 20 turnovers and goes 10 minutes without a point doesn?t deserve to win anything. Having said that, fuck Bo Boroski so hard, the guy is a disgrace and makes me miss Ed Hightower and TV Ted Valentine. Can?t wait to see our illustrious new commish Kevin Warren give the scumbag a raise. He makes Tim Donaghy look like Christ. Sorry but 1-5 with him doing our games and Wisconsin like 2-8 or something is not some random coincidence.

According to the State News, we were 0-5 in Boroski ref'd games going into y'day which obviously would make us 0-6. Not sure how to verify that, but even if they're off by 1, that's pretty pathetic. Didn't realize it but it was his crew that blew the wisconsin/iowa game late in the season.

Potential New Mascots to replace Sparty:

"Subprime" ... marketed to poor people, he buries all the usurious and fraudulent terms his finance dept. cooked up in the fine print on page 29 of 30... BBA, Michigan State University class of 2007...

sleazy-salesman-thumb-320x240.jpg

"Ahmad the Loan Officer" ... gets you lowest interest rate in history of lowest interest rates... flunked out of UM Dearborn

sleazy-salesman.jpg

Back