Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Canceled TV shows.

Was a big fan of the Detroit 1-8-7 myself and Lie to Me on Fox, I would have liked to see what happened with Lightman and that one chick

Deadwood --- and man, did that crew and cast get fucked! Shooting out towards Malibu, some of the show's stars had actually bought in Oxnard, etc to be closer to the set only to have the show yanked unexpectedly.

Friend of mine was on Scrubs and her husband was a writer .... that show ran forever and then some, ran its course and fell victim to the classic issue with TV actors thinking they're going on to the big screen.

Family Guy was cancelled numerous times before making it .....

the only times I was ever sad a show was canceled were the A-Team & Dukes of Hazzard, and that's only because I was like 3, and did not yet realize that as far as TV shows go, it was better to flame out in your prime than to fade into mediocrity, with burned-out writers introducing ridiculous plot twists, and retarded new characters in order to keep a series interesting...

...also, I didn't know how to read yet, and wasn't old enough to drink and party, so TV was pretty much my only form of entertainment.

Adventures in Hollyhood (three 6 mafia)

White Rapper Show

I was livid when they cancelled Saturday Night Live With Howard Cosell.

two old fox series:

Bakersfield PD (if anyone remembers this id be surprised)

Ben Stiller Show (loved the COPS parodies)

I did watch Hero's, the Event and Flash Forward. I've learned my lesson. I'll no longer commit to one these never ending story lines again. They always get cancelled and most get stupid after the 1st season because the show is hard to write for if you don't know when it will be ending. The viewer just ends up getting screwed.

Thing about those never ending story lines: They need to have an ending somewhere and because they get canceled they get get the chance and it sucks.

Not sure if anyone watched Sliders but no ending sucked.

Imagine in How I Met your Mother, the show gets cancelled before we actually got to find out how I met his kids mother. Lol. Of course the show is hilarious without the plot line but would suck if there was no ending.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Thing about those never ending story lines: They need to have an ending somewhere and because they get canceled they get get the chance and it sucks.

Not sure if anyone watched Sliders but no ending sucked.

Imagine in How I Met your Mother, the show gets cancelled before we actually got to find out how I met his kids mother. Lol. Of course the show is hilarious without the plot line but would suck if there was no ending.

Why does he have a different voice? I mean he's grown up already...

Shows already cancelled or not coming back next season.
Alcatraz
Terra Nova
House

Last edited:
Shows already cancelled or not coming back next season.
Alcatraz
Terra Nova
House

Awake.

Great original series, and NBC axed it because it didn't beat Criminal Minds int eh ratings....FFS! name me a show on NBC that would.

Yea the seasons after the first one never lived up to it. Kinda disappointing.

Alcatraz getting cancelled played a role in Fringe getting to have a final season to wrap up.

East bound and down is also done on HBO

Eastbound and Down is funny, but unsustainable and when Sedakis' character is killed by Kenny Powers and his "twin brother" shows up at the funeral ....yeah, pretty much over.

CSI: Miami got axed as did a ton of the new shows this year.

Back