Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cleveland Baseball Team to Change

To the Cleveland Colonizers.

OK, the new name hasn?t been announced, but that probably isn?t what it?s going to be.

Maybe the WokeScolds?

Maybe the Flavortown?

They were the Naps once. Relaunch that name. Or the Chapmans, in honor of Ray. Or the Bronchos. Another former name. There was another CLE ball team called the Spiders.

Or the Eries. Or Eeries. Or the Barons. Former NHL name for a season, and the name of a current junior hockey team.

Or the Grovers. Wait, no, he allegedly raped a woman in 1873, who became pregnant, and Grover paid her off and took the child from her and gave it away.

The Washington football team and the Cleveland baseball team should both call themselves the Appeasers.

They were the Naps once. Relaunch that name. Or the Chapmans, in honor of Ray. Or the Bronchos. Another former name. There was another CLE ball team called the Spiders.

Or the Eries. Or Eeries. Or the Barons. Former NHL name for a season, and the name of a current junior hockey team.

Or the Grovers. Wait, no, he allegedly raped a woman in 1873, who became pregnant, and Grover paid her off and took the child from her and gave it away.

The Cleveland Barons were around for 2 seasons or at least part of 2 seasons from 76-78 and it was also the name of the AHL team that moved out of Cleveland a few years before the NHL franchise arrived. My dad took us to see the NHL barons a few times when we were kids. coincidentally, they moved to and from the Mistake by the Lake the same years my family moved in and out. They came from Oakland, we just moved from Toledo and they merged with the North Stars when we moved to suburban Detroit.

Last edited:
Everybody should be Sox. Cleveland can be the Green Sox. Early movers get the 1-syllable color names. Maybe Detroit can be the Blue Sox.

The Washington football team and the Cleveland baseball team should both call themselves the Appeasers.

If they’re going to name themselves after a former Cleveland player, maybe they should go the full PC route and name them selves the Dobies.

Last edited:
Come on...that name isn't even the most offensive name for a Cleveland professional sports team. The Cleveland Browns!? A team where most of the players are Brown! They need to change that name ASAP.

Cleveland African Americans?

Maybe the players union needs to negotiate the team name

Cleveland Union Negotiated Team.

The CUNTS

Everybody should be Sox. Cleveland can be the Green Sox. Early movers get the 1-syllable color names. Maybe Detroit can be the Blue Sox.

With 30 baseball teams you?re going to soon be getting into some pretty esoteric hues.

The Mauve Sox?

The Magenta Sox?

The Fuchsia Sox?

Now you're just being sarcastic and maybe a little mean - anyone who pays any attention to the woke scolds knows there's nothing more evil or racist than a colonizer.

I know.

What can I tell you ? sometimes I?m a little mean.

Come on...that name isn't even the most offensive name for a Cleveland professional sports team. The Cleveland Browns!? A team where most of the players are Brown! They need to change that name ASAP.

Cleveland African Americans?

Maybe the players union needs to negotiate the team name

Cleveland Union Negotiated Team.

The CUNTS

or Cleveland Union Named Team. And should the "s" be lower case? Just wondering because I'm going to have an order for 10,000 t-shirts ready to go as soon as that's approved. You could still go with it if the union came up with a totally different name - it could be a nickname, kinda like how the Canadiens are also known as the "Habs"

Last edited:
or Cleveland Union Named Team. And should the "s" be lower case? Just wondering because I'm going to have an order for 10,000 t-shirts ready to go as soon as that's approved. You could still go with it if the union came up with a totally different name - it could be a nickname, kinda like how the Canadiens are also known as the "Habs"

I think when a team moniker is presented in all caps, the pluralizing ?s? is also capitalized.

I think when a team moniker is presented in all caps, the pluralizing “s” is also capitalized.

and bonus, no more faking an Aussie accent when saying things like "yeah mate, he's a good cunt" because you're talking about an athlete performing well, it's no longer an offensive word - takes the sting right out of it. No woke scold is going to say, hey you can't call your team that because it's offensive to actual cunts.

Last edited:
Cleveland Oysters.

Cleveland Oilers.

Cleveland Annie's.

Cleveland Grants.

Cleveland Rockers.

Cleveland Station.

Cleveland Progressives.

Back