Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cleveland Baseball Team to Change

Come on...that name isn't even the most offensive name for a Cleveland professional sports team. The Cleveland Browns!? A team where most of the players are Brown! They need to change that name ASAP.

Cleveland African Americans?

Maybe the players union needs to negotiate the team name

Cleveland Union Negotiated Team.

The CUNTS

I always figured you were more of a Cincinnati guy.

I think when a team moniker is presented in all caps, the pluralizing “s” is also capitalized.

Even when the moniker is an acronym? I agree, if you are the PIRATES or the COWBOYS, capitalize the “S”. But if you’re the Cleveland Union Named Team, would the small “s” possibly avoid a lot of misunderstanding?

Last edited:
Cadmium Yellow Sox

Van Dyke Brown Sox

Titanium White Sox

Cobalt Blue Sox

Sounds like a job for this guy...

j-peterman-seinfeld8-640x354.png

Even when the moniker is an acronym? I agree, if you are the PIRATES or the COWBOYS, capitalize the ?S?. But if you?re the Cleveland Union Named Team, would the small ?s? possibly avoid a lot of misunderstanding?

That?s a point. I don?t know any other teams that are actually acronyms.

Baseball has a history of spelling plural acronyms incorrectly anyway.

Runs batted in is usually spelled RBIs - what?s up with that?

That’s a point. I don’t know any other teams that are actually acronyms.

Baseball has a history of spelling plural acronyms incorrectly anyway.

Runs batted in is usually spelled RBIs - what’s up with that?

It’s a point but is it a good one? And While we’re at it, how about the way they spell Socks?

Last edited:
Cleveland Chaps (that will piss off everyone)

Cleveland Crusaders (so will this)

Cleveland Commodores (so will this)

Well, the team will remain the Cleveland Indians in 2021. Then, in 2022, it will change its name to one that virtually everyone will criticize -- whatever it might be.

The Cleveland Sounders is another possibility. For the RRHOF and the river.

Well, the team will remain the Cleveland Indians in 2021. Then, in 2022, it will change its name to one that virtually everyone will criticize -- whatever it might be.

The Cleveland Sounders is another possibility. For the RRHOF and the river.

Now they?re just being attention whores.

Maybe the Attention Whores should be the new moniker.

Imagine if they were to follow tomdalton's recommendation and that's the team name the Union came up with.

I?m not awake enough to think about the term that would make the Washington football team the WANKERS.

Anyone else want to take a shot?

I?m not awake enough to think about the term that would make the Washington football team the WANKERS.

Anyone else want to take a shot?

You want to drop a punchline without a setup? I guess the clown can stay, but the Ferengi in the gorilla suit has to leave.

Back