Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Count up to #1000

zyxt9

I think it is time we get behind this. UM will be the first team to 1,000 wins. This is a once in a lifetime event. There are players on the team currently who will be there for that 1,000th win, provided they are hungry enough to make it happen.

#965 - Western Michigan University 47-14

I think it is time we get behind this. UM will be the first team to 1,000 wins. This is a once in a lifetime event. There are players on the team currently who will be there for that 1,000th win, provided they are hungry enough to make it happen.

Good on them if they are.

I?m not hungry enough to start paying attention with 35 to go.

Remind me again when it?s down to about five or so away.

Last edited:
We're 965-350-36 all time.

We've taken a bit of a tumble in winning %... now 4th behind OSU, Alabama, and ND.

We have 11 more games scheduled this year. If we won out, we'd also play in 3 additional games. Add 14 more to the total, or 979. If we also win out in 2022, we'd be at 994. Our sixth game in the next season, to get to 1,000 is @Nebraska on October 14, 2023.

But I cannot muster that much optimism.

The best I can do is assume our historical winning percentage (.727) will continue... so we'd need to play ~48 more games to win 35. assuming we play 12 games a year + some shitty bowl game, that puts our potential 1,000th win against Penn State on November 16, 2024 (assuming we fill one of the open slots early in the season with another non-conference opponent), or @Rutgers on November 23, 2024 (if we don't)

Very cool to be the first to win 1000 games but I would rather Michigan turn itself into a football machine like those other schools and just start winning every game again. I just don?t get the mindset inside The Michigan football program where any of the last 10 to 15 plus years have been acceptable. Enough is enough. Time to start winning again.

Last edited:
Very cool to be the first to win 1000 games but I would rather Michigan turn itself into a football machine like those other schools and just start winning every game again. I just don?t get the mindset inside The Michigan football program where any of the last 10 to 15 plus years have been acceptable. Enough is enough. Time to start winning again.

Agreed. I believe if they had gone straight from Carr to Harbaugh they would be considerably closer to 1,000, perhaps getting to it this year or next. Back then they had QBs and players that would have fit into Harbaugh's schemes.

That said, I believe Cade and JJ are finally the guys to deliver for Harbaugh. It would have been great to get that a few years ago, but it seems to finally have arrived. QBs with the ability to throw open a WR. Granted that is based on very few game minutes, but it feels different this year at the QB position. And the D appears to be improved as well.

#966 - Michigan 31 Washington 10

For only the 3rd time since 1940 UM has 2 RBs gain over 150 yards in the same game.

Agreed. I believe if they had gone straight from Carr to Harbaugh they would be considerably closer to 1,000, perhaps getting to it this year or next. Back then they had QBs and players that would have fit into Harbaugh's schemes.

That said, I believe Cade and JJ are finally the guys to deliver for Harbaugh. It would have been great to get that a few years ago, but it seems to finally have arrived. QBs with the ability to throw open a WR. Granted that is based on very few game minutes, but it feels different this year at the QB position. And the D appears to be improved as well.

If they?d gone straight from Carr to you, me, BG Bob or MichChamp they would probably be considerably closer than they are.

If they?d gone straight from Carr to you, me, BG Bob or MichChamp they would probably be considerably closer than they are.

I perceive a grand omission in this list. Unless it's axiomatic and including me would have been a mild insult.

I perceive a grand omission in this list. Unless it's axiomatic and including me would have been a mild insult.

I assume you were not included because you hadn't been part of the conversation in the thread at first.

I assume you were not included because you hadn't been part of the conversation in the thread at first.

I coached a previous-year winless LL FB team to the championship game the next season. Then I retired.

That puts me at least at Hoke's level. And I NEVER clapped my hands.

I coached a previous-year winless LL FB team to the championship game the next season. Then I retired.

That puts me at least at Hoke's level. And I NEVER clapped my hands.

Did you also wear shorts in cold weather, eat too much food, chew tobacco, and (allegedly) booze heavily at all times?

I've never coached any sport, but I'm pretty sure I could have won more than 3 games in 12 tries with the talent Michigan had in 2008.

Did you also wear shorts in cold weather, eat too much food, chew tobacco, and (allegedly) booze heavily at all times?

No. I actually wore a shirt and tie. An official gave me some grief once because he thought I was signaling that I was "better than everyone else."

I replied: "I want my players to easily identify me on the sidelines. I want them to know who is leading them." Which was the main reason why I dressed like that.

No. I actually wore a shirt and tie. An official gave me some grief once because he thought I was signaling that I was "better than everyone else."

I replied: "I want my players to easily identify me on the sidelines. I want them to know who is leading them." Which was the main reason why I dressed like that.

I never understood people who complain about other people dressing appropriately.

If I'm going to shower and shave in the morning, taking the time to pick out a shirt and tie, and slacks added maybe 2 minutes more to
my routine than grabbing jeans and a shirt.

Yet, when companies announced to us they were relaxing the dress code (been through that twice), people acted like they were giving us a 4 day workweek or something.

Most people are just trash. That is the conclusion I came to.

I never understood people who complain about other people dressing appropriately.

If I'm going to shower and shave in the morning, taking the time to pick out a shirt and tie, and slacks added maybe 2 minutes more to
my routine than grabbing jeans and a shirt.

Yet, when companies announced to us they were relaxing the dress code (been through that twice), people acted like they were giving us a 4 day workweek or something.

Most people are just trash. That is the conclusion I came to.

Did they forbid dressing more formally?

Because if not, you could have chosen to do so.

Did they forbid dressing more formally?

Because if not, you could have chosen to do so.

I never wear jeans to work. Always slacks and a collared, button down shirt.

I would happily wear a tie, but the peer pressure to dress down is too much, and literally no one else does. When even your boss dresses like shit most days, there is a real risk they think you're dressing nice to undermine them, and retaliate against you.

my current job isn't like this, fortunately.

I never wear jeans to work. Always slacks and a collared, button down shirt.

I would happily wear a tie, but the peer pressure to dress down is too much, and literally no one else does. When even your boss dresses like shit most days, there is a real risk they think you're dressing nice to undermine them, and retaliate against you.

my current job isn't like this, fortunately.

So put on the tie for the drive to work, take it off and leave it in the car to avoid the retaliation, and then put it on for the drive home.

Do you risk retaliation if you keep the top button buttoned?

Because if you don?t, you could do that, then you?ll feel just about as uncomfortable as you would feel if you were actually wearing the tie.

EDIT: Oh, I got it - the bolo tie!

It?s still a tie technically, it will distract from your top button being buttoned, and if anyone comments, you could answer that you?re appropriating the red neck white guy Texas culture.

I could be wrong, but it?s hard for me to imagine anyone in Texas retaliating against someone wearing a bolo tie.

Last edited:
Back