Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Count up to #1000

Michigan..41
Penn St...17

+418 Rushing Yards

Thanks.

But are you sure that?s the right number?

I think it might be off by one or two, either more or less.

Maybe you should count again.

Also, did you pick up the number from zyxt?

How do you know he had the number right?

He could be kinda unreliable.

Maybe you should count again.

Yes, I know he's unreliable. I verified it online on wikipedia.

just double checked the #983.

hmmmmmm?you do know that anyone can post anything on Wikipedia, don?t you?

We?ve already gone around and around and around about, that, I think it was about the Southern Strategy on the politics board.

But we won?t talk about that here.

hmmmmmm?you do know that anyone can post anything on Wikipedia, don?t you?

We?ve already gone around and around and around about, that, I think it was about the Southern Strategy on the politics board.

But we won?t talk about that here.

I tried confirming it on MGoBlue.com, but they don't have it easily available. The wilipedia number checked out, based on where this thread started and left off.

If you're really interested in challenging the number, you could do some research on your own. The burden of proof rests on you now, anyways, right?

I tried confirming it on MGoBlue.com, but they don't have it easily available. The wilipedia number checked out, based on where this thread started and left off.

If you're really interested in challenging the number, you could do some research on your own. The burden of proof rests on you now, anyways, right?

I?m not challenging the number.

I was just pointing out that zyxt was inconsistent.

In fact, the only thing he was consistent about was being inconsistent.

Michigan 29 - MSU 7

With this win, I saw an interesting stat: our last game against every Big 10 opponent is now a win.

The last time that happened? After beating Iowa in 2004

Michigan 29 - MSU 7

With this win, I saw an interesting stat: our last game against every Big 10 opponent is now a win.

The last time that happened? After beating Iowa in 2004

Damn.

That is some Jedi sports nerd level shit right there.

That is some Jeff from Tarzana level shit right, for those familiar with LA Sports Talk Radio.

Nice job on that.

Does that include UCLA and USC too?

Last edited:
Have a couple big time updates:

Win #985 - UM @ Rutgers 52-17

Win #986 - UM vs. Nebraska - 34-3

Win #987 - UM vs. UI - 19-17

Win #988 - UM @ tOSU - 45-23

Wow. 12 wins to go... never would've thought we'd come so far so fast when zyxt started this thread.

Our schedule next year looks like another cake walk, although it doesn't matter. This team could beat anyone right now, and with the talent returning, 2023 should be similar (as long as we don't lose any assistants and hire bum replacements)

We're a year ahead of where I thought we'd be, wins-wise, in post #4 of this thread.

I predicted - based on our overall win % - we wouldn't hit 1,000 until late November 2024. If we keep winning at this rate, we'll hit it in mid-November 2023. Either PennSt or MD.

If we win out this year, soonest we can hit 1,000 is Purdue on Nov. 4, 2023

REAL Michigan football heads remember and know we have another countdown going on this year...

Bumping this for you all.

We left off at Win #989 - UM vs. Purdue, for the Big Ten Championship - 43-22

11 Wins to Go... soonest we can hit 1,000 is @Maryland, Saturday, November 18, 2023.

So would it be worth it to drop 1 game just so that we can beat OSU for win 1000? That's a tough one.

In more positive news... we're getting closer...

September 2, 2023
Michigan..30
ECU..........3

September 9, 2023
Michigan..35
UNLV........7

So would it be worth it to drop 1 game just so that we can beat OSU for win 1000? That's a tough one.

No... no, I don't think so.

It would be a great game though! Win #1000, beat the Buckeyes and secure a seat in the Big Ten Championship game... huge.

Last edited by a moderator:
September 16, 2023
Michigan...........31
Bowling Green....6

September 23, 2023
Michigan...........31
Rutgers.............7

September 30, 2023
Michigan.......45
Nebraska.......7

October 7, 2023
Michigan.......52
Minnesota.....10

October 14, 2023
Michigan.......52
Indiana..........7

October 21, 2023
Michigan........49
Michigan St.....0

Next up after the BYE week: Purdue, @Penn St., @Maryland, then OSU

If Harbaugh is found guilty by the NCAA, they could vacate the last two years and that may affect the win column.

Last edited:
Nobody counted Purdue last week.

Purdue
Last Week

Penn State
Today

Last edited:
Back